Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 736261 times)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2007, 09:51:04 PM »
Not ringing any bells's huh?
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2007, 01:02:04 AM »

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2007, 02:08:37 AM »
Not ringing any bells's huh?
Nope ::knockedout:: only something familiar with tail, but can´t grasp it yet. ::banghead::
Donyan ::wave::

Maybe this view will ring some bell's ::wave::
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 02:10:29 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2007, 08:09:15 PM »
It's a Fisher XP- something or other..... I saw something about it on the old Discovery Wings program years ago.... Was supposedly a fighter prototype that didn't use any materials that might become hard to get like aluminum... I think it was mostly wood.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2007, 10:03:51 PM »
It's a Fisher XP- something or other..... I saw something about it on the old Discovery Wings program years ago.... Was supposedly a fighter prototype that didn't use any materials that might become hard to get like aluminum... I think it was mostly wood.

Brian

OOOOOOOO nearly there  ::bow:: !!! Fully correct on why it was built "Was supposedly a fighter prototype that didn't use any materials that might become hard to get like aluminum... I think it was mostly wood."  But the manufacturer was a little bit more well known  ;) and the Fisher from memory had a contra prop....

found a photo of the Fisher xp-75
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 10:11:47 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2007, 10:38:21 PM »
I got it!! I got it!! The BELL XP-77 8) 8)  I should've caught on when you said "it wasn't ringing any bells". ::whistle:: ::whistle::

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 10:55:01 PM by FlyboyGil »
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2007, 10:57:37 PM »
Mates, you scare me!  |:)\ |:)\  |:)\ 22 pages and haven't recognized a plane yet!  :-\
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2007, 11:09:56 PM »
I got it!! I got it!! The BELL XP-77 8) 8)  I should've caught on when you said "it wasn't ringing any bells". ::whistle:: ::whistle::

YAY,  |:)\ congrats FlyboyGil  ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: !!!!! I thought someone might have hooked onto the subtle hint I was giving....BELL'S
Yet another interesting plane (and another view of it)  from WWII from Bell
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:24:52 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »
Mates, you scare me!  |:)\ |:)\  |:)\ 22 pages and haven't recognized a plane yet!  :-\

Hiya Happy,

Just shows you how many aeroplanes have been built and flown on the past century  ::thinking:: an some that kinda did'nt fly all that well too!!! ::loony::   

My favorite one so far has been the Inflatoplane  ::loony:: ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::knockedout:: i'd NEVER heard of that one....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:26:03 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2007, 11:42:39 PM »

Hiya Happy,

Just shows you how many aeroplanes have been built and flown on the past century  ::thinking:: an some that kinda did'nt fly all that well too!!! ::loony::   

My favorite one so far has been the Inflatoplane  ::loony:: ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::knockedout:: i'd NEVER heard of that one....

...and you could use it as a parade balloon, too!  8)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2007, 12:26:53 AM »

Hiya Happy,

HHeeeyyyy mabye that is what it was really intended for ... ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2007, 02:18:54 AM »
Hiya Happy,Just shows you how many aeroplanes have been built and flown on the past century  ::thinking:: an some that kinda did'nt fly all that well too!!! ::loony::   My favorite one so far has been the Inflatoplane  ::loony:: ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::knockedout:: i'd NEVER heard of that one....
HHeeeyyyy mabye that is what it was really intended for ... ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
Or navigate down the river at Niagara Falls, ::whistle:: and take off at the Falls edge... ::loony::  ::knockedout:: ::loony:: Donyan ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

That'd be a heck of a Flightsim mission

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2007, 12:14:01 AM »
Ok, I finally got a few for ya's.  Ill do one at a time...

-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2007, 12:16:34 AM »
One more good one...

-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2007, 01:30:11 AM »
Ok, I finally got a few for ya's.  Ill do one at a time...

The first one is a Lockheed Neptune. Is the second the French built version of the ME 108?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 01:46:20 AM by FlyboyGil »
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES