Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 736191 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2007, 09:35:39 PM »
Neither one of those planes are airworthy.  I think the PA-11 was taxied into a pole or something.  There's a big hole in the leading edge of the left wing, and the fabric is all crap.  If you look at the Noresman's tail, you'll see that the rudder is missing.  Both airplanes would need a complete restoration job to get flying again.  The owner has had many offers for both airplanes, but won't sell.  We figure he's waiting for us to hit one with the plow.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »
Too bad about the Norseman... they were built just up the road from me in Montreal. A real classic bush plane. sized right in between the beaver and the otter but predating them both. I made one for Flight Sim a few years ago. Is there any way to get inside her??? I'd love to see some shots of how the interior is laid out... I couldn't find too many references on the web.... I might have to re-build it on the computer.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2007, 03:15:07 PM »
Yeah, the door's unlocked.  We're expecting a pretty good snowstorm over the next few days, so it might be next week before I can get out there again. 

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »
Everyone asks if it's a Beaver when they first see it.

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »
Ahh the mighty Warrior.  I have a love/hate relationship with that plane.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »
¿What could an inocent Bipe like that, have done to you? ::whistle::

DonYan ::type:: ::wave::

Did all my flight training in a Warrior III here at UND.  Good plane, actually while I was flying it with no wind, and temp's below 32 degrees it was great.  However, warm it up, and throw a nasty CFI in the seat next to you, and that plane has an agenda for ya, usually not a good one either.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2007, 04:54:56 PM »
The Bipe looks like an AN-2

Phil

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2007, 05:43:55 PM »

Has this one been done yet?

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2007, 06:38:23 PM »
CFI = Instructor.  The Warrior is a beautiful airplane that is very forgiving.  I once stalled one out at about 10'.  Thought I'd see the struts poking through the wings after the big "WHAM!", but all was good.   ;)  Good thing I was alone.  Ever since I graduated, I've mostly been flying Cessnas.  I always savor the chance to get in a low wing when I can.

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »
CFI = Instructor.  The Warrior is a beautiful airplane that is very forgiving.  I once stalled one out at about 10'.  Thought I'd see the struts poking through the wings after the big "WHAM!", but all was good.   ;)  Good thing I was alone.  Ever since I graduated, I've mostly been flying Cessnas.  I always savor the chance to get in a low wing when I can.

Yea, love the plane, if landed it very hard many times, as ATCr's dont get along with the air.  Almost prop struck one.  Anywho, I've always wanted to fly high wing but never had a chance to.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2007, 10:30:58 PM »
Looks like a high-wing Bee Gee.

The high wings aren't that special.  They're harder to land and don't offer any overhead visibility.  Personally, I'd rather have the low wing because I can put the plane in a position to see something on the ground a lot easier than I can to see something in the air above me.  Just a personal opinion.  There is a reason the 172 is the most popular trainer ever.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2007, 11:24:25 PM »
¿Don´t you recognize the gull wing What´sit? ??? ??? ???

DonYan >:D

Hall's Bulldog:  This aircraft appeared in the 1932 Cleveland National Air Race. The GeeBee R-1 won that year’s Thompson Trophy with Jimmy Doolittle at controls. Hall’s innovative design concept seemed like a loser as his Bulldog placed only next to the last (7th).

Phil  ::whistle::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2007, 11:25:53 PM »
Hi ya DonYan,

Is it a Berliner-Joyce? They played with wing design similar.....can't seem to find a photo ::banghead::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »
Opps Tundra beat me to it (and i was wrong  :( )
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2007, 11:30:03 PM »
Here's a nice one  :o
YEWWWwwwwwwwww