Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 734478 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »
Hey, S-Mom, if you open your picture with Microsoft Paint, you can then use the paint brush to black out the tail number and any other identifying markings on your picture.  Then "Save As" so you don't save over your original and post using the "additional options" on the reply page.

Clear as mud?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 04:36:23 AM »
Ha ha, these gorgeous cars look JUST like the piece-of-garbage junkers I owned for decades, while trying to learn to fly (yessss....  I'm STILL trying!!)  They were an impressive collection of duct tape, baling twine, bungee cords, chunks of 2 X 4s (my gas pedal  :D), and even a kitchen spatula pressed into service on a clutch.  And No, I am not kidding.   :P

HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!!    :D

Hey Gulfstream, THANK YOU for the advice, I appreciate it!!!!!!  I will give that a shot and see if I can post the photo.   :)  You guys are all so quick that you will know it anyway!!!! 

Cheers, Mom****    ;D

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 04:52:05 AM »
Well, the first looks like the new Dodge Challenger?

Phil

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 06:14:18 AM »
Those cars are the latest and first of the legendary cars named after the P-51. The first is a new showcar designed by Mr. Giorgietto Giugiaro, designer of such cars as the DeLorean DMC-12, Maserati Bora, VW Scirocco, Lotus Esprit etc.
The second is the very first Mustang, mid-placed 4-cylinder engine if I remember correctly. The second concept was a low-roof car that looked a lot more like the first 64-model, or 64 1/2 as I think it's called.

Sorry I'm not that active but I've had some tough days and today isn't looking to be better, but I'm still here, just can't get some replies together that well since I want to do some good well thought-out ones but the stress is making me forget the posts I wanted to reply to.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »
Well compared to the Mustang-I car then I think the Mustang-II looks a fair bit similar except the different front and lack of bumpers front/rear. I do think that many new cars are going overboard with looking crazy after the 90s with soapbar-shapes (smothed down, no character), now the cars again seem to copy lines, like the air-outlet fron the bulging fron wheel-arch like on the Mazda RX-8 which now is seen on euro-Fords, Mitsubishi's etc. I liked the New Edge design, also the New Edge Cougar, sold as Ford in Europe and Australia, which it actually was, based on the Mondeo mk2 suspension. The car is nice, but I think it was a bad choice of name for it since it historically has nothing to do with the original Mercury Cougars but the car itself was nice, I even saw one yesterday here. There are also a surprising number of new Mustangs here, also allegedly a Shelby GT500, they seem to be outnumbering the 60s classics in the country, and almost no Fox-Body or SN95s are here. There are also several RX-8s, but almost no RX-7s which is a shame since it's a nice car if you know how to handle/take care of it. Ups sorry, went on a cartalk again there.

I got a few pictures of some planes you might not know, I'll post them until a little later if there hasn't been another quiz then.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 02:42:25 AM »
Heh....my absolute favorite mustang is the '68 Shelby GT500KR.....followed by the '70 Boss 302 (Grabber Orange, Shaker Scoop, Drag pack with the rear window louvers ;) )

The current Mustang is my favorite since '70.  My wife really wants one...or a '65 coupe in Rangoon Red  ;D
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 07:43:17 AM »
Old Mustangs look COOL.     8)

Here is a rather distant shot of a unique plane on the climbout, with an impressive thunderstorm behind her.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »
Rutan Proteus!  8)

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 01:23:30 AM »
COME ON DOWN, FRANK, YOU WIN OUR LATEST PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the Proteus....  what an intriguing machine.  Flies in the 50,000-foot range, and the only de-ice/anti-ice is pitot heat!!!!!!!!!   :o

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 09:12:36 AM »
Yes, quite an amazing plane indeed although that about the de-icing was news to me, thanks for the information, is it your photo/have you seen it in real life?

And here's another mystery machine, this time an old classic! If it's too hard to guess then I'll settle for just the factory-name if you don't know the model-name.

Frank
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:14:17 AM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 08:41:05 PM »
Hi Frank, yes, that is a photo I took of the Proteus.  We were working at the same airport.  It was an honor to meet their crews;  they are some of the most accomplished pilots around, as I am sure you know.  I can say that is by far the most unusual aircraft I have ever seen close up!  It is amazing.   |:)\ 

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »
Thought Frank's bird looked German.  I'd guess Junkers or Fokker. 

DonYan's plane is that one solar powered one that I forget the name of.  Set some kind of record, didn't it?

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 09:39:23 PM »
Thought Frank's bird looked German.  I'd guess Junkers or Fokker.
1. Nope and Nope but you're getting closer.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 09:40:12 PM »
BMW?

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 10:04:33 PM »
Isn't it swiss???? A old pilatus maybe????? ::thinking::
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.