Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 734482 times)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #750 on: April 20, 2008, 12:07:38 AM »
Alrighty, I'm still looking up Franz's plane, but in the meantime, see if you can name this one. I know it will fool you!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

airtac

« Reply #751 on: April 20, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »
HMM Whatever-the-hell it is has a 24 cylinder engine and looks ugly enough to have built by Supermarine ::thinking::

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #752 on: April 20, 2008, 08:52:41 AM »
Franz, I think it looks somewhat like F-29(?) Retaliator, main character of popular PC game...
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #753 on: April 20, 2008, 10:40:12 AM »
sorry airtac judging by the thick wing and the tail plane its made by Hawker and its probably a fury or a typhoon so its not a supermarine product
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #754 on: April 20, 2008, 10:41:32 AM »
and by the way airtac most american aircraft are inspired by us brits  ::rofl:: ::rofl::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #755 on: April 20, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »
i think franz's one was made by dassult

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #756 on: April 20, 2008, 11:49:17 AM »
sorry airtac judging by the thick wing and the tail plane its made by Hawker and its probably a fury or a typhoon so its not a supermarine product

Not a Fury, or a Typhoon.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #757 on: April 20, 2008, 11:50:31 AM »
HMM Whatever-the-hell it is has a 24 cylinder engine and looks ugly enough to have built by Supermarine ::thinking::

UGLY?! Supermarine made the Spitfire!! That's not ugly. Them's fightin words!! Beer Bazookas at 20 feet!! The loser has to go home with a fat chick!!
This plane ain't ugly. It looks mean!! >:D >:D >:D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:00:47 PM by FlyboyGil »

airtac

« Reply #758 on: April 20, 2008, 02:19:28 PM »

HAWKER!!---DANG, you are absolutely correct (pea size brain was confused last night due to applications of Yukon Jack) ::silly::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #759 on: April 20, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »
lol good one airtac now you have the might of the british comonwealth against you im wi gill here even tho R.J.Mitchell designed the walrus that is one ugly plane. im thinking its a TT (Target Tug) its not aTempest either is it?

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #760 on: April 20, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
is it a Hawker Henley? nah that was more like a Hurricane thats got a cranked wing  ::thinking::

airtac

« Reply #761 on: April 20, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »

UGLY?! Supermarine made the Spitfire!! That's not ugly. Them's fightin words!! Beer Bazookas at 20 feet!! The loser has to go home with a fat chick!!
This plane ain't ugly. It looks mean!! >:D >:D >:D
My most humble apologies to Supermarine, the British Empire, Her Royal Majesty, Her Royal Majesty's Royal antecedents, the House of Commons, every pilot who's ever flown a Spitfire, Winston Churchill, my bartender, my wife, my students, my dogs, the guy that delivers the newspaper, the pool guy, and anyone who cares. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Aside from the Yukon Jack, my memory is getting faulty--they say eating seafood is good for the memory but I keep forgetting to buy the damn stuff  ::loony::

I looked right at that picture and saw the resemblence to the Hurricane (a great but ugly airplane) and typed in Supermarine instead of Hawker---DUH!! ::banghead::
And by the way---ugly and mean go well together so let's not get all snivelly about looks---in spite of that, the Mustang and Spitfire are both beautiful as well as mean  |:)\ |:)\

OH and also by the way, Mr diplomat ;D---there ain't no fat chicks---just women who's beauty is proportioned differently ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:13:53 PM by airtac »

airtac

« Reply #762 on: April 20, 2008, 03:39:21 PM »
and by the way airtac most american aircraft are inspired by us brits  ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Well, I gotta admit that the Merlin engine IS what made the Mustang one of the greatest fighters of it's time and Frank Whittle led the Allies in jet engine design |:)\
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 03:50:56 PM by airtac »

airtac

« Reply #763 on: April 20, 2008, 03:45:31 PM »
I really feel that the Spitfire wing is beautiful and the same can be said about my all time favorite fighter of that era--the P-47 Thunderbolt ::bow:: |:)\

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #764 on: April 20, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »
i suppose thats enough groveling airtac i forgive you. now back to the original question its a Hawker but what? i still think its along the lines of a Fury/Tempest/Typhoon/TT