Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 734386 times)

airtac

Re: Name That ????
« Reply #690 on: December 18, 2007, 04:52:43 PM »
Didn't one of those boeing 797s just land at Chicago???  ::rofl:: I heard that the 1000 passengers were very happy with the flight. The engineers say that the lift to drag ratio increased over 50% when they use the blended wing design.  ;D  ;D  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
I SAW THAT TOO !! ::unbelieveable::
The mayor was on hand to greet them when they landed at Miegs Field--what a pro-aviation guy  ::banghead::

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #691 on: December 19, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »
Didn't one of those boeing 797s just land at Chicago???  ::rofl:: I heard that the 1000 passengers were very happy with the flight. The engineers say that the lift to drag ratio increased over 50% when they use the blended wing design.  ;D  ;D  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
The mayor was on hand to greet them when they landed at Miegs Field--what a pro-aviation guy  ::banghead::

I know!!! If only those noisy planes didn't have to do their final approch over HIS house... Who needs GA airports anyway ?!?! ::loony:: ::complaining:
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #692 on: December 19, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »

Uh, that skyline sure don't look like downtown Chicago to me...   ::thinking:: ::thinking:: ::loony::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #693 on: December 20, 2007, 01:54:14 AM »
Alrighty Franz, I need to know what your plane is. Mine was an Aresenal VB10
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Franz

• Cockerel
  • Glider Pilot
    • Sportfluggruppe Leck
« Reply #694 on: December 20, 2007, 08:52:55 PM »
Ok, then I'll tell you.
I have to admit that it was pretty hard and I bet I'd given up way earlier if I had to find out.
It's a Sukhoj S-84.
I found it here. Unfortunately this page is in German and I cannot link to the article directly, but I have holidays coming up, if anyone is interested, I might just translate it and post it here or something.

|:)\   ::bow:: to all who kept on looking, especially Gil

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #695 on: December 21, 2007, 03:31:05 AM »
Alrighty since I seem to be guessing these no problem ::loony:: ::loony::, I'm gonna post another one.

airtac

« Reply #696 on: December 22, 2007, 03:30:11 AM »
Isn't that a Raiden ('Arrow"-I think?) with the freak picture on the wing? ::thinking::

Can't find my reference book on WWII Japanese aircraft...............................

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #697 on: December 22, 2007, 03:36:16 AM »
Isn't that a Raiden ('Arrow"-I think?) with the freak picture on the wing? ::thinking::

Can't find my reference book on WWII Japanese aircraft...............................

Nope not a raiden. It's not Japenese. Wait the girl on the wing's a freak?  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D

airtac

« Reply #698 on: December 22, 2007, 03:41:32 AM »

Nope not a raiden. It's not Japenese. Wait the girl on the wing's a freak?  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D

CRAP---then it's German---HMMMMMMMMMMM--I'll get back to ya ::thinking:: ::drinking::

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #699 on: December 22, 2007, 06:33:08 AM »
Ok, I saw this picture on the AOPA web page, but have no clue what it is and there wasn't a descriptoin...

Anyone?

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #700 on: December 22, 2007, 10:24:20 AM »
Actually I think it is either British or American... Lockheed of some kind maybe?
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #701 on: December 22, 2007, 02:58:03 PM »
Actually I think it is either British or American... Lockheed of some kind maybe?
If you're talking about mine, then yes it's American. Not Lockheed though

airtac

« Reply #702 on: December 22, 2007, 04:32:16 PM »
Ok, I saw this picture on the AOPA web page, but have no clue what it is and there wasn't a descriptoin...

Anyone?

It's an amphibian, just ....can't.............remember.......................where................................I saw it........................................... ::drinking:: (NURSE, MORE MEDS PLEASE)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #703 on: December 22, 2007, 04:47:59 PM »
Franz: I did try to search Sukhoi in many different ways and I never found that thing.
Gil: I never heard of that company which explains why I never found that either.
But now I can catch up since I know both of the new ones (plus the japanese one Jim thought of) :D

Curtiss XP-55 "Ascender" (instead of Kyushu J7W Shinden)
Beriev Be-103

Frank
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 04:52:30 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #704 on: December 22, 2007, 05:04:11 PM »
Franz: I did try to search Sukhoi in many different ways and I never found that thing.
Gil: I never heard of that company which explains why I never found that either.
But now I can catch up since I know both of the new ones (plus the japanese one Jim thought of) :D

Curtiss XP-55 "Ascender" (instead of Kyushu J7W Shinden)
Beriev Be-103

Frank

Well drown the kids, and shoot the neighbours!!! You got it Franklin. Although it's Curtiss-Wright, but hey that's just splitting hairs!!!! BEER DOUSING AND STRIPPERS FOR FRANKLIN AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::