Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 734435 times)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2007, 03:24:12 AM »
Ok, I'll try posting a picture.  I'm sure it's any easy one for most of you but she sure is a beauty.

Martin Mars Flying boat. It's used as a fire bomber in Canada  :) :) :)
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #316 on: March 29, 2007, 03:32:24 AM »
Not any more..  they've been for sale for a while. 

Hey Gil!!  Buy one of those babies and take us all for a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ::drinking::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #317 on: March 29, 2007, 03:51:09 AM »
Not any more..  they've been for sale for a while. 

Hey Gil!!  Buy one of those babies and take us all for a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ::drinking::

Alrighty Mom I will buy one! I'll starting counting the pennies! :D :D 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7, 8, 9, oh look there's a button. Now let's see where was I? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,  :P :P :P :P

If I'm not mistaken there are only 2 in the whole wide world, so I imagine they'd be pretty exspensive!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #318 on: March 29, 2007, 04:00:46 AM »
Is that the one they are retiring?
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

airtac

« Reply #319 on: March 29, 2007, 04:22:59 AM »
Still is--I think

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2007, 06:16:11 AM »
Sheesh if I only had a memory....  read an article about them "hanging it up" and seems the BC folks were somehow trying to save one to remember their long and proud firefighting history..  Sorry!  Just can't recall.  Things are tough when you have CRS...  now I can't remember what that stands for, either.   :-\

Oh jeez Gil, I about ruptured my spleen when I read that "Oh look there's a button", I laughed so hard I really did hurt something.  You're killing me here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Not to mention the tea that came out my nose.   :D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #321 on: March 29, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »
Wasn't that the one that had a few people bidding on it?  One being an American museum?
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #322 on: March 29, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »

Ok, I'll try posting a picture.  I'm sure it's any easy one for most of you but she sure is a beauty.

That is correct.  I believe there are only two left in the world that actually fly and are stationed in Canada. 

I have seen this Martin Mars drop water on a forest fire once in the Northern part of Washington State.  Absolutely awesome!!  It's amazing how much water it can hold and drop.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 02:22:41 PM by Firegirl »
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #323 on: March 29, 2007, 04:09:32 PM »

That is correct.  I believe there are only two left in the world that actually fly and are stationed in Canada. 

I have seen this Martin Mars drop water on a forest fire once in the Northern part of Washington State.  Absolutely awesome!!  It's amazing how much water it can hold and drop.

That's the problem with alot of our firebombers. Alot of them are from WW2! There's a squadron of Avengers out East, the PBY Canso, the A-26, and of course the Mars are from that era. Not Unlike the movie Always, but I think age is going to take its toll on the aircraft and they should be replaced.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #324 on: March 29, 2007, 05:46:37 PM »
Sheesh if I only had a memory....  read an article about them "hanging it up" and seems the BC folks were somehow trying to save one to remember their long and proud firefighting history..  Sorry!  Just can't recall.  Things are tough when you have CRS...  now I can't remember what that stands for, either.   :-\

Oh jeez Gil, I about ruptured my spleen when I read that "Oh look there's a button", I laughed so hard I really did hurt something.  You're killing me here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Not to mention the tea that came out my nose.   :D

Oh good, I'm glad you appreciate my CENTS of humour! (Drum roll, silence) These are the jokes folks ::loony:: ::loony::

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2007, 11:37:47 PM »
Here's one
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:06:07 PM by FlyboyGil »

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #326 on: April 01, 2007, 11:44:21 PM »
It IS one!! ::rofl::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »

Difficulty:  You have to tell me what ANC approach told me was folllowing us when one of these was going to be following us for the parallel.

It amuses me, might not anyone else.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:32:45 AM by Baradium »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2007, 10:22:19 AM »
Bara: Twotter?

Btw, for a twist on Name That Airplane then how about giving me the normal name for a famous plane known by pilots as "Double Ugly".

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2007, 04:41:35 PM »
Bara: Twotter?

Btw, for a twist on Name That Airplane then how about giving me the normal name for a famous plane known by pilots as "Double Ugly".

Frank

Try again.

And I doubtl you'll find this one on the internet.   I could see where he got it from, but I'd never heard anyone else do this.  Basically he extrapolated a nickname for this one based on the one for another aircraft...