Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 734501 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2007, 02:33:11 AM »
Wow, I got one! That Boeing looks big compared to 'stangs and spits, or maybe it's just the small looking pilot.

Gibbo:  |:)\ ::bow:: That looks like something Gerry Anderson would make! (tv-series: Supercar, Thunderbirds etc.)

After having the game Crimson Skies in mind and wanting to test some MSFS planes then I looked thrue and found this very interesting plane, although I'm pretty sure it's really easy to guess for you experts  |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2007, 02:39:05 AM »
OK we're starting to get a good bunch of pictures. Gibby, I have no idea what that is. Franklin, I've seen pictures of yours but I can't seem to find it. So here's one that's sure to confuse someone!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2007, 02:43:29 AM »
That's a P-59 with a fake wooden propeller attached to fake out espionage attempts.

That other thing Gibbo put up has got me beat.  I think it's French, and I've seen it before, but having a hard time finding it.
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2007, 02:45:07 AM »
That's a P-59 with a fake wooden propeller attached to fake out espionage attempts.

That other thing Gibbo put up has got me beat.  I think it's French, and I've seen it before, but having a hard time finding it.

Damn Panzeratt, You seem to get them all!  ::bow:: ::bow::
I'll have to pull a Gibby and find a real tough one for you!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2007, 02:49:57 AM »
Wow, I got one! That Boeing looks big compared to 'stangs and spits, or maybe it's just the small looking pilot.

Gibbo:  |:)\ ::bow:: That looks like something Gerry Anderson would make! (tv-series: Supercar, Thunderbirds etc.)

After having the game Crimson Skies in mind and wanting to test some MSFS planes then I looked thrue and found this very interesting plane, although I'm pretty sure it's really easy to guess for you experts  |:)\

Frank

Bell Airacuda?

::rofl:: IT DOES LOOK LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF AN ANDERSON SHOW  ::rofl:: but i assure you it's real!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:54:15 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2007, 02:54:29 AM »
Gibbo: Bingo! |:)\ I only found it earlier tonight when I found a FS2004-model of it at Simviation and then found that picture online, really wild looking plane!

Edit: Oh I never doubted it was real, I just found it interesting how much it looked like Gerry's work, although maybe it's the other way around, he was inspired from planes like this?  ::thinking::
Many planes in Crimson Skies were almost directly copies of real-life developed/planned concepts from around WWII, even some of the wilder ones, like the Warhammer with three engines, one in the middle and one on each wingtip and then the cockpit directly in front of the small tail, that was a german design by Blohm and Voss I think (also made for FS2004 btw). The Bloodhawk was also a german design (canard wing, underside tail, pusher-prop).

Frank
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:00:19 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #291 on: March 26, 2007, 03:07:01 AM »
Hey I didn't know that the Crimson skies planes were based on real ones!!! I thought they were all imaginative ones....there you go once again you learn stuff EVERY SINGLE DAY...thanks Frank  |:)\  I'll have to dig the CD out again and reload it and this stuff out
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:09:08 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #292 on: March 26, 2007, 03:19:10 AM »
No one's gotten that little four-engined jobby-do I put up there yet.  Hmmm....
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2007, 03:23:04 AM »
No one's gotten that little four-engined jobby-do I put up there yet.  Hmmm....

It looks like A Sikorsky Helicopter Fuselage with wings attached to it ::thinking::
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:31:38 AM by FlyboyGil »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #294 on: March 26, 2007, 03:44:08 AM »
I was searching the internet to ID that but found the rocket instead! 1953 Leduc 0.21

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #295 on: March 26, 2007, 03:57:04 AM »
Got it! Airspeed AS.39 Fleet Shadower. I had been sure it was a french design but it turned out to be english (I should really brush up on my knowledge of nationality marks).

Ok, just to continue the show, here's a goodie (to guess that is, it wasn't a very good flier according to what I read, and never got certification) and that is indeed one plane (the filename was just as a joke since that's what it looks like).

Frank
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:00:47 AM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #296 on: March 26, 2007, 04:06:35 AM »
Not suprisingly, it's French.  A Blériot 125

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #297 on: March 26, 2007, 04:21:49 AM »
OK, here's an easy one.

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #298 on: March 26, 2007, 04:25:40 AM »
Cessna CH-1 Interesting little beasty.

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2007, 04:31:01 AM »
Here's another one for ya'll.