Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 734458 times)

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #1170 on: March 09, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
Is that the Aerotechnik L-13SE Vivat?
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #1171 on: March 09, 2010, 05:50:26 PM »
Yep, it is Vivat. SE or SW, I dont know.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1172 on: March 09, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »
Well I guess it's my turn.
This is a real airplane, and I intentionally left the tail number, because it doesn't show up anywhere.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1173 on: March 11, 2010, 09:27:13 PM »
Too hard?  :-[
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:20 PM »
Nope I'm looking......through old episodes of Scrapheap Challenge  ;)    seriously I'm looking for it.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline croatian judge

« Reply #1175 on: March 12, 2010, 12:48:51 AM »
Would that be a Pterodactyl Ascender by chance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterodactyl_Ascender

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1176 on: March 12, 2010, 07:05:29 AM »
Would that be a Pterodactyl Ascender by chance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterodactyl_Ascender

YES! that specific plane was bought by the Israeli Airforce as a light observation plane, after a terrorist flew into Israel in an hang-glider.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #1177 on: March 12, 2010, 09:09:46 AM »
Nice one Judge!!!   :-[ I'm not really into micro-light design, i had no luck what so ever.....so i just went and found a  ::drinking::  ;D
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline croatian judge

« Reply #1178 on: March 14, 2010, 11:05:53 AM »
YES! that specific plane was bought by the Israeli Airforce as a light observation plane, after a terrorist flew into Israel in an hang-glider.

Pretty cool, but how often would they be winded out? I don't imagine that could take much.

Now I've gotta dig up something to post...

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1179 on: March 16, 2010, 02:36:15 PM »
Wow, and to think there are still weird and rare planes out there, and they still get guessed by the super-team here! ::bow:: (Scrapheap challenge LOL, that was a funny show, too bad I lost The Discovery Channel years ago).

Fabo: Not bad, never seen that one before, although mine would have a blended lifting body with twin engines behind or next to the cockpit and possibly a YF-23-style split tail.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 16, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »
Dont worry Frank got a few wierd and unusual A/C on my bookshelf. going to scan a few in for you to guess.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline croatian judge

« Reply #1181 on: March 18, 2010, 12:13:21 AM »
Now for another light aircraft:

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 18, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
Nice paint job pity he got the "Badger Stripes" wrong and did not put any on the fusalage.

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #1183 on: March 18, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »
Badger Stripes?  Oddball, is that the current name?
These are backwards and do not appear to be proportional to the aircraft.

Invasion stripes were alternating white and black bands painted on the fuselages and wings of World War II Allied aircraft, for the purpose of increased recognition by friendly forces.  The first use was for the Normandy Landings. The ground crews had only a few hours notice and were frantically painting their aircraft.

The bands, consisting of three white and two black bands, wrapped around the rear of an aircraft fuselage just in front of the empennage and from front to back around both the upper and lower surfaces of the wings.

On single-engined aircraft each stripe was to be 18 inches (460 mm) wide, placed 6 inches (150 mm) inboard of the roundels on the wings and 18 inches (460 mm) forward of the leading edge of the tailplane on the fuselage. National markings and serial number were not to be obliterated.

On twin-engined aircraft the stripes were 24 inches (610 mm) wide, placed 24 inches (610 mm) outboard of the engine nacelles on the wings, and 18 inches (460 mm) forward of the leading edge of the tailplane around the fuselage.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Ragwing

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 18, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »
Blame Gibbo for the name "Badger Stripes" Ragwing. We got talking about something a while back and the name for the invasion stripes came up.  And a intresting fact is that they first appeared on aircraft taking part in the Dieppe raids supporting the Canadian Division but on the nose instead of the rear fuselage Flypast did a recent aritcle about "Invasion Stripes".   Also R.A.F Mustang II's (P-51B's with Malcom Hoods) got "Bounced" by Me(Bf) 109's a few days later over Caen painted in R.A.F markings and "Invasion Stripes" with the wing tips painted black to make them seem blunt like a Mustang instead of rounded. back on topic no joy YET on the pic but will keep on looking.