Author Topic: "The Wing Fell Off!!!"  (Read 13923 times)

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
Re: "The Wing Fell Off!!!"
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 02:06:53 AM »
Chicken Wings 3: We're Cooking Now!

Chicken Wings 3: One Flew Over The Chicken Roost

These are awesome as well !!! THANKS !!!  ::wave::

maybe: One flew over the Chicken Coop

I mentally wrestled with Chicken Coop or Chicken Roost.  I ended up with Roost since they work at Roost Air, after all.  Coop is better, though.
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 02:35:10 AM »
Mannnnnnnnnnn.........    ::sweat::

All this talk about "coops" and "roosts" is giving me flashbacks...  puck-puck-puck...pug-GAWK!

I used to always get attacked by the rooster we had  --- we had chickens when I was a little kid (yeah, yeah, I know....  no matter what you may think about evolution, chickens HAD evolved by then....!!!!)  It was really pretty awful, he would always fly at one's face with all his claws out.....  not many adults thought it was fun, but I was pretty petrified because he was as tall as I was.....  right up until I was a senior in high school.  heh heh.   :D

I just have to say, CHUCK and THE GANG are certainly much more fun to be around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     ::drinking::

Peep, peep, cluck, cluck..........   

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 10:41:15 PM »
Mannnnnnnnnnn.........    ::sweat::

All this talk about "coops" and "roosts" is giving me flashbacks...  puck-puck-puck...pug-GAWK!

I used to always get attacked by the rooster we had  --- we had chickens when I was a little kid (yeah, yeah, I know....  no matter what you may think about evolution, chickens HAD evolved by then....!!!!)  It was really pretty awful, he would always fly at one's face with all his claws out.....  not many adults thought it was fun, but I was pretty petrified because he was as tall as I was.....  right up until I was a senior in high school.  heh heh.   :D

I just have to say, CHUCK and THE GANG are certainly much more fun to be around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     ::drinking::

Peep, peep, cluck, cluck..........   

We have a couple chickens right now!  We also had breakfast-egg laying birds as I grew up.  Of course that was shortly before real chickens evolved...  ;D

The lone male we had liked to chase anything that wandered through the yard (in attack mode).  Everything except our C. l. familiaris.
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 12:58:57 AM »

The lone male we had liked to chase anything that wandered through the yard (in attack mode).  Everything except our C. l. familiaris.

Approach, C.I. familiaris is not in the pilot-controller glossary in the AIM. Please explain...

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 07:04:57 PM »
C. l. familiaris = Canis lupus familiaris = Dog.

jbs

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 03:34:15 PM »
Rooster's first rule of barnyard survival:
Never, ever pick a fight with something that has a bigger mouth than you.

Rooster's second rule of barnyard survival:
Learn proper etiquette around the barnyard dog.  (Refer to rule 1.)

(This is probably why Foghorn Leghorn had it so hard.)

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 09:39:30 PM »
C. l. familiaris = Canis lupus familiaris = Dog.

jbs
]My master & owner, half/Lupus&half/Coyotee, "Soloco". He also owns the VW bus, Iīm only his pilot & food purveyor (ni modo, thatīs life)[/color]

OK, how the heck did that happen?  Around here you never find wolves and coyotes in the same area because the wolves will kill yotes on site.  And I've never heard of them molesting them first either.   ::eek::

Phil  ::cowboy::

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 04:21:00 AM »
I was also curious because I've seen a lot of Alaskan Huskies with those markings.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/alaskanhusky.htm

And a photo of my owner:  Best I can figure she's a Malamute/Siberian husky mix of some sort.  She's a very lean athletic 65lbs.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 03:57:25 PM »
Climbing fences is a very common trait among huskies.  They're real escape artists.  Defending the home is not however.  Most huskies see all humans as friends, and an intruder is more likely to get licked in the face than growled at.  Akita unfortunately has one of the common Malamute traits, she thinks she's queen dog of the word and feels the need to prove it to all other dogs.   ::)

Good looking dog you have there, and sounds like a great companion.   ::cowboy::

Phil

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »
ohhh! about dogs owning the owner....it sounds too much familiar. I've had a cairn terrier during 3 or 4 years. I spent more time out walking the dog than at home, at university, at the airport or whatever all together. he was just insatiable. at the end he neither wanted to stay at home but escaped to the neighbor. and yes, I gave him with a ribbon around his neck and said goodbye. it was becoming too difficult to handle and, in the meantime, I never had any sane canine relation with him: or I was out walking and then he almost behaved, or he neither replied when I called him. I was quite ***** off at the end....but it seems much more happy right now, and probably I'm much more relaxed to tell the truth.....
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 04:59:57 AM »
Cute little guy Happy.  I understand what you mean.  I had to give up my first dog, Gus just a year ago.  I was living in a neighborhood with tightly spaced houses, and he howled non stop if left alone for even a few minutes.  I was at my wits ends with the stress of the dog's behavior and my complaining neighbors.  I did find out he was adopted again shortly after, along with his sister and are both enjoyed by their new owner.   :D

And yes, I've only had Akita for a few months now.  Just adopted her back in October.

Phil

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 07:26:44 AM »
Friend of mine in TN has a dog named Barkly.... he's massive.   I'd venture to guess 4' tall at his *back* when standing at all fours.  He's gotta be well over 100 lbs.   I'm 6'2 and I felt like he was at my eye level when I first saw him.  I'd been told he was big, and I'm used to big dogs, but that's the first time a dogs' sheer size actually shocked me.   I think his paws are bigger than my hands...

I had a cockapoo, good dog, still miss him....
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 05:11:02 AM »
Hello, Flying Dog Lovers! ::bow::

My dog's fast, but I won't say she flies.   ::rofl::   ::angel::

Phil

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 06:15:37 AM »
The wing fell Off ::knockedout:: but my Dog retrieved it!!! ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

DonYan & the Mystery of the chewed one wing plane ::type::

PS- itīs the Dog Lovers that do the Flying... ::angel:: remember, I am a little Analphabetical on English matters ::whistle:: (and in every other matter 2 ::drinking::)

Always dangerous having a retriever around when you're flying a model.   ::whistle::

And you gotta love english, so many things can have multiple meanings.  For example, I saw a man eating shark the other day.   ::drinking::  ::loony::

Phil

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 08:02:37 AM »
The wing fell Off ::knockedout:: but my Dog retrieved it!!! ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

DonYan & the Mystery of the chewed one wing plane ::type::

PS- itīs the Dog Lovers that do the Flying... ::angel:: remember, I am a little Analphabetical on English matters ::whistle:: (and in every other matter 2 ::drinking::)

Always dangerous having a retriever around when you're flying a model.   ::whistle::

And you gotta love english, so many things can have multiple meanings.  For example, I saw a man eating shark the other day.   ::drinking::  ::loony::

Phil
LOL yeah that's a good one, heck even some in english might misunderstand that, was it a man eating a shark or were we talking about a shark that eats men? Lol. Languages are great, but due to diversity in grammer and meanings of words then it's important to know that something might be a misunderstanding (something like a simple misunderstanding have created many forum flamewars on big game-forums, such a shame, that's why I left Race Sim Central, it was too big and people too stubborn know-it-alls and flamewars were self-fueled once they started and could only rarely be cleared up).

Back on topic then I absolutely love Julio's face expression when Chuck tells him about the wing  ::rofl:: |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci