Author Topic: Sioux sweep Gophers!!!!  (Read 4367 times)

undatc

Sioux sweep Gophers!!!!
« on: January 28, 2007, 07:05:14 AM »
So this weekend, actually im still in MSP, most of my house, Delta Tau Delta, went down to watch the Sioux Gopher games.  We, the Sioux were massive underdogs (poor record vs the number one ranked team in the nation, on THEIR home turf) and this weekend we swept the gophers with a 5-3 win Friday and a 7-3 win tonight!!!  The Gophers havent been beat at home, since the last time we played them (last season), and no one can seem to remember the last time they were swept at home!!!  The SIOUX have done it again, we're going to the frozen four, mark my words!!!

::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

Offline Skygal

Re: Sioux sweep Gophers!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »
MY GOODNES ::angel::
Look at all the new smileys ::wave::
And GIRL pilots too ::whistle::

And what an exuberent sports fan, tell us dear, what type balls are these teams playing with, foot, base, volly, basket, or golf balls?

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:39:14 AM »
Well, they say that the sun shines on a dog's butt once in awhile.  I'm still a DU Pioneers fan.
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:06:47 PM »
Those were some awesome games, except for the penalties.  I think UND had like 20 penalties to MN's 3 for the weekend.  You can't tell me that Minnesota played that cleanly to where UND got all the penalties.  And when Doug Woog (former MN coach) says UND got hosed, there's definitely something wrong.

The last time UND swept in Dinkytown, it was 1980.  MN did lose at home last weekend to DU on Friday, so that home win streak was already over. 

Hockey really is a simple game, you just have to watch it for a season to catch everything.   ;)
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 05:15:12 PM »
There's no consitancy in officiating.  A few years ago, one of the refs was banned from calling any Sioux games because he publicly said he'd never call a Sioux game fairly.  Ass.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »
They're going to play Illinois, though, right? 

I used to be really pro-nickname, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's worth all the hassle.  I do think the NCAA's ruling is wrong, though.  It's too bad there's that much controversy over it.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »
I always thought the Fighting Crackers might be a good nickname.