Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 770637 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #1395 on: October 05, 2010, 06:23:42 AM »
Cool setup Gilligan!  8) |:)\ 1/32, not bad, but Stauning Air Museum in DK just got a 1/1 Spit model as the prince came over to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Royal Danish Air Force (a few weeks ago the Royal Danish Navy celebrated it's 500th anniversary). It's a english-built high-detail glasfiber model custom-made for the musuem: http://www.flymuseum.dk/nyhedsarkiv/337-replika-af-spitfire-opstillet.html

Speaking of models, I'd love a 1/48 Greyhound but sadly the closts thing is a 1/48 Hawkeye :(

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 05, 2010, 12:04:32 PM »
be real easy to convert Frank, cut off the Radome or not fit it, sand it down if needed and get some model filler had to do that for some Warhammer 40K tanks I've been building and Oddifying.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1397 on: October 05, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »
Uhm, no it wouldn't, the whole main fuselage is different and the tail-plane is at least mounted differently and some other details.
Look here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:C-2A_E-2C_DN-SD-07-09196.JPEG

On another note closer to the topic then I'll soon post pictures of my home when I get the fantastic helicopter posters from Ragwing hung up properly.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 05, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
hmmm aye youre right Frank forget what I said  ::whistle::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Skid Kid

• Fledgling
  • Zulu Time!
« Reply #1399 on: October 06, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »
Hey, Skid Kid! Those cannon plugs are familiar to me. I worked on F/A 18s in MALS 11 for awhile. We did some work on the cables sometimes.

Sadly, I never went to the sandbox. They kept goading us on, but my EAS came up. I was disabled, so I decided to leave. Two months after I was discharged, I hear about Fallujah in the news. Took me a couple of years to get over that guilt.

Now, my time in service just seems like memories in someone else's scrapbook.
Did some work with MALS 11 in Iraq and Afghan, they're good at keepin the support going!  Missed out on Fallujah myself, (my squadron flew CAS during) but got on the next deployment. 2 pumps to Iraq and 1 to Afghan ain't fun.  Not only did we have to deal with the Afghan winter last time out, but we took the UH-1Y on it's first combat hop!  Man they need to come out with a civilian version of this bird, its a beast!  We also became the first "gun" (not training) squadron to take on the AH-1Z!  Once I get some worthwhile pics I toss em up here.
Don't worry, it'll buff out.

Offline Busdriver

• Fledgling
« Reply #1400 on: October 06, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
Slept in Moscow last night and bought some Vodka today, they have quite a selection over there:

Offline vldflight

• Cockerel
« Reply #1401 on: October 07, 2010, 04:28:27 PM »
 ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #1402 on: October 08, 2010, 12:25:02 AM »
Cool setup Gilligan!  8) |:)\ 1/32, not bad, but Stauning Air Museum in DK just got a 1/1 Spit model as the prince came over to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Royal Danish Air Force (a few weeks ago the Royal Danish Navy celebrated it's 500th anniversary). It's a english-built high-detail glasfiber model custom-made for the musuem: http://www.flymuseum.dk/nyhedsarkiv/337-replika-af-spitfire-opstillet.html

Speaking of models, I'd love a 1/48 Greyhound but sadly the closts thing is a 1/48 Hawkeye :(

Frank

Much better than putting real Spitties on public display like that. Those planes are getting up there. Time to put them inside if not being flown.
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1403 on: November 19, 2010, 03:42:49 PM »

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 19, 2010, 05:41:19 PM »
can you get some one to move the pick up? its blocking the view of the DC-3  ;)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 29, 2010, 03:35:27 PM »
Some photos I took while I was out on my skis on a mini tour from my front door this afternoon:

And a couple I took from my window one from Sunday morning and one just now:

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #1406 on: December 01, 2010, 05:23:42 AM »
You can tell someone is really proud of their Chevy pickup. I became a fan of Ford when I bought my Ranger, but I always appreciate people who appreciate their rides. I wish I had kept my Ranger better looking. It's a mess now, but at least it still runs well. I'd take it from one coast to the other and back again without any worries.

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1407 on: February 07, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »
Last week-end I went to assortments to a service year in Eyn Gedi reservation, service year is a year of pre-military volunteering in some place.
30 people signed up to the assortments, 10 said they'll come but only six did, and they only accept three people, so the odds are good.
Eyn Gedi is located right next to the Dead Sea,the lowest place in the world, and Eyn Gedi is just a few miles north to the lowest airfield in the world-mezada (LLMZ), standing tall at -1265 feet MSL.
In the service year we serve as a young ranger in the reservations, the only differences between a ranger and a young ranger is that the young ranger can't arrest and investigate someone and can't give a fine ourselves  for whoever smokes or eats inside the reservation, other than that it's the same.
The ranger's job in the reservations is to make sure nobody goes anywhere forbidden,that nobody eats or smokes and litter, it may not sounds like a hard job, but mind you that it's a desert, reaching 50C in the shade in the summer, but there is no shade, and Israelis tends to not follow the law and ignore the rangers. The rangers are also responsible for checking the eagles that nests in Eyn Gedi and once in a while treat them with a nice dead cow.

Night falls on Eyn Gedi, waiting for the food in the Poyke to get ready.

Yonathan, the ranger that made the food for us got bored and decided to show us what should you do when you encounter a disobedient person, or an animal.

After the meal we went back the field school, where the young ranger's apartment is, we slept in a separate apartment, and decided to go for a walk, see where we are possibly going to live next year, and we stumbled upon a group of teenage Jews from all around the world that came for a year long trip in Israel.

The day after, we woke up at 7:45, leaving for a five and a half kilometers long trip that took us about six or seven hours.

Eyn Gedi field school from above.

Stopping for a breakfast in Tzafit track, the only track in the reservation where smoking and eating is allowed, we encountered those birds called Tristam's Straling, and they have absolutely no fear, they just sat there looking at us hoping that we would give them a piece of bread, so I could get this shot without any zoom, I think that this is one of my best shots ever.

David's Waterfall, by the way- all of the water in the reservation are drink worthy and rich of mineral and tastes GREAT!

After a long walk, it's time to chill out!

I have more photos, but since I started using film again, I still need to develop it...
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1408 on: March 28, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
Contrails over Poland, how does this happen?

Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1409 on: March 30, 2011, 02:26:40 AM »
HA HA! Looks like when your grandpa makes those puffs with a cigar. . . .

but to answer your question:  . . . .uhm . . uh . . . uh-oh..... dunno, turns out I can't answer your question.  ::knockedout:: sorry
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.