Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 770675 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #1275 on: June 01, 2009, 09:11:04 PM »
It maybe green but once it rains it turns into a quagmire really quickly
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1276 on: June 07, 2009, 06:13:52 PM »
This is the attitude I want from a fireman if my house is on fire!   >:D
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1277 on: June 07, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
4x: very cool pictures :

Ian: Ah, so fresh and so green green :)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #1278 on: June 08, 2009, 09:05:02 AM »
While hiking in Ogden Canyon last week we experienced some unusual weather, an Aluminum Overcast!

I think I've been in Alaska too long, the first time I heard the rumble of 4 radials approaching I didn't even think to grab my camera, just assumed it was Everett's or Brook's coming home.  Then it dawned on me that multiple radials is somewhat rare in the lesser 48. Next pass I was ready with my camera.  Wish I had been the first time, we were level with her and I could have had the opposite side of the canyon in the photo.  :(

Phil

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1279 on: June 08, 2009, 11:31:57 PM »
What I fly
I just washed it, but I think I'll go over it again when my Simple Green Extreme (airplane formula) arrives.  8)

I had to fly her to see if a clean airplane really flies better. I think it does. This is lake Maumelle as sunset closes in.

Another photo of the lake, just before I headed back to the home field for the day.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1280 on: June 09, 2009, 01:38:46 AM »
I'll go over it again when my Simple Green Extreme (airplane formula) arrives. 

Make sure it is the airplane version --- the normal version is corrosive to aluminum..
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1281 on: June 09, 2009, 05:21:41 AM »
Spacer, that's a beauty of a Piper Cherokee with the Hershey Bar Wing!   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::

You've got one over me...  I can't afford an airplane of my own.   ::banghead::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1282 on: June 09, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »
Spacer, that's a beauty of a Piper Cherokee with the Hershey Bar Wing!   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::

You've got one over me...  I can't afford an airplane of my own.   ::banghead::

RC

Neither can I. This one belongs to the company I work for part-time.

Yeah, it's the airplane formula. No worries about hydrogen embrittlement with this stuff. I also ordered some WashWax All, which
is an airplane safe dry-wash/wax. I'm gonna try it out on a 310 that we're fixing up for sale... which desperately needs some freshening
up. Also, our 172 is getting close to ready for the line, but the new wing and tail surfaces contrast a bit with the grimy-looking airplane.
It'll be getting the treatment as soon as we've test flown it and made sure everything's rigged right.

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1283 on: June 17, 2009, 04:08:29 AM »
While hiking in Ogden Canyon last week we experienced some unusual weather, an Aluminum Overcast!

I think I've been in Alaska too long, the first time I heard the rumble of 4 radials approaching I didn't even think to grab my camera, just assumed it was Everett's or Brook's coming home.  Then it dawned on me that multiple radials is somewhat rare in the lesser 48. Next pass I was ready with my camera.  Wish I had been the first time, we were level with her and I could have had the opposite side of the canyon in the photo.  :(

Phil

And you can go for a 15 min. ride for only $400.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 17, 2009, 06:56:51 AM »
Thats cheap at half the price.  Will post pics of the local air show as soon as i get the time to sort out the good ones, it was pretty over cast and the usual "liquid sunshine" at the time.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #1285 on: June 17, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »
I know, excrementy picture. But hey, whatever ;D

My first day at summer job, doing pax handling on local ARPT, this was when waiting for charter from Heraklion (seen in background) to park for deboarding.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1286 on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:20 AM »
Heyyy  Fabo, hope the job is fun!!!    ::wave::

You look OFFICIAL --- WAY better than we do out on our ramp...  hmmmm...  maybe we need to add the vests?? 

Hope it's fun!

|:)\
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1287 on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »
Fabo, welcome to the Order of the Ramp Rat. May you be tipped well.

There have been times, when the weather was absolutely perfect, that some pilots have declared envy of my weekend job.

...then there are the other times.

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #1288 on: June 18, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
Fabo, welcome to the Order of the Ramp Rat. May you be tipped well.

There have been times, when the weather was absolutely perfect, that some pilots have declared envy of my weekend job.

...then there are the other times.

You got that right....

Congrats Fabo. Keep your eyes and ears open. You can learn a lot about the real workings of aviation as a ramp rat...

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #1289 on: June 18, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »
Makes for some making it straight :)

TSM: Official... hehe :D Maybe not the vest, but shirt and trousers do it. Add epaulets and they may think I am a pilot ::whistle:: (I have big watch)

spacer, Brian: No, not a ramp rat (called Rampa McKvák /translate to Ramp McDuck or rather McQuack/ here) but currently working a receptionist in our airport lounge with occasional sidekicking at boarding or deboarding - so no GA there. You can see the liner I was about to deboard in the background on the left.
And you bet I have learnt something about aviation - PAPERS ALL AROUND YOU!!! ::silly:: say I do a flight OK979, 0520 departure to Prague, AT72. First, I have to write down anybody coming to the lounge AND mark them in the computer. When boarding is called, I grab the vest, rush the pax out of lounge and get them to plane along with other ones. There I get 4 load sheets - 1 to CPT, 1 to cabin crew and 2 for stowing office. Also 3 times PAX list - 1 to cabin and 2 for stowing. When I return back in, check-in guy are waiting with list of lounge access eligible pax, which I compare to the real attendance, make several copies and give them to people around the airport. Meanwhile, pax for OK975 are already coming in... ::silly::