Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 770753 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 04:19:57 AM »
Ok, first off is a nice danish winter. The view of the upstairs window one morning, very interesting don't you think?

The second is the mainland harbour we sail out from and that's the old ferry that was in use for decades (as well as sister-ships elsewhere), the new ferry is behind me to the left. My uncle, who died two weeks after we moved to the island just 3 doors down from him, sailed that very ferry for many years, and me and my dad often got to see the view when we visited. The ferryman who sailed with my uncle the captain is still sailing today on the new ferry (there are usually two crew, a captain that sails the ferry and a boatsman who checks the engines, operates the ramp etc. and finally takes the tickets but that's the least of his jobs).

The third and fourth are from south of the mainland harbour city and taken in the summer I think.

Frank
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:21:43 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 04:22:44 AM »
Very pretty, Frank!  What an interesting place.

I love the frost one.  When we were little, we called the pretty designs like that "frost feathers". 

Thanks for sharing.    :)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 04:26:30 AM »
And here's one from the Technical Museum in Helsingør (can you see the ø btw? it's an o with a / thrue it kind-of). It's a DC-3/C-47 wearing a fictional livery, I think airliners.net has the real history listed somewhere. The same museum also has a Catalina, a host of ex-RDAF fighterjets and a Caravelle jetairliner to and a few other bits and bobs.

The last one is sadly the closest thing to a cockpit I've been in for almost 4 years now, mind you, even though it's just 165cm on the outside then it's got better elbow-room than the Cardinal if I remember correctly. My dreamplane's cockpit is designed based on the ergonimics of this cabin (although obviously with a different bigger instrumenpanel and better space for throttle and prop-controls). Btw, yes we're still waiting for the county to get the paperwork done so we can pick up the new car.

Actually the biggest part of my life is sitting here in my bedroom/office but I haven't got a good shot of that atm and since it was mainly outdoor pictures there've been posted then I decided to post these pictures. I think these are representative of the nicer things in life here, although they don't describe the constant pressure and stress of the commute.

Edit: Thanks Soccermom, I also did some digging for my camera, and then for some freshly recharged batteries to get that shot.
Edit2: I uploaded the same picture twice instead of the correct second one.

Frank
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:30:20 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 06:21:04 AM »
Thanks Frank,
Those are pretty shots |:)\

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 10:51:03 PM »
Frank, and you say that where you live isn't a beautiful place?!?
I agree though, about the cold! I just saw just once frost feathers, and it was 25C under!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 12:17:42 AM »
My 50 cents for today. this is a pic taken in Egypt. the mate is a....gosh, I ignore the name in English. BTW A funny creature with which it was funny to play with!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 12:25:36 AM »
You know, if the little critter had any ice cream, I doubt he'd share it with you. Why not, you ask? Well, because he's shellfish...  ::) ::silly:: ::loony::

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
Happy: I didn't say there weren't nice places to see, but that the people and traffic was horrible and that has worn me down since it's been like this for years. The first picture was taken at a stop next to the very hilly road and with cars, vans and trucks blasting past at 90-110 kph (the danish speedlimit on normal roads outside of city zones is 80 maximum, only so-called motortraffic roads can be allowed to allow 90 but there's a minimum speed limit prohibiting bicycles, tractors, mopeds etc.).
The other was taken a few kilometers away and it was in a rare moment where there was no-one behind us. Normally I get intercepted by every single car on the road. I haven't overtaken as much as a moped for the last many months, however I've been overtaken by FIAT 500s, motorcycles, taxis, vans, off-roaders etc. And they drive closely, and no matter how calmly I slow down to when I get to a cityzone they drive up VERY close and brake VERY late, and several places I normally have to drive have sections of road where 90% of all cars completely disregard city zone speed limits so I do a lot of parking in the buslanes etc. to clear the traffic so I don't get pushed.
I could drive around it using the small sideroads, however they are also used and they drive fast there too, and while all roads in DK are paved (asphalt) then they're not all in the same quality, especially not after frost after weeks of rains soaking the ground under the roads. Here's what happend when I calmly took a detour around Roskilde to avoid the bad traffic and a Ford Transit van came right after the turn and I didn't notice they'd dusted the roads and thereby made a 11cm deep hole in a asphalt crack that was filled before. The picture was taken a weeks time afterwards and the other picture shows the damaged rim that made the wheel shake when you turned. And remember, my health/stamina is very low now after sitting behind a desk in depression for years, and we need to catch the ferry at a specific time, but I can't anticipate the traffic, or when we're finished shopping. Add all those small details up and we get a big problems, everytime we drive.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 04:02:27 PM »
Here's a shot I took in June of 2004 that's one of my favorites. Anyone recognize it?  ::thinking::It looks a little different here than when most people have seen it. I departed off of 27 then turned south and was climbing out when I snapped this.

TM

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
That looks like a little place in Wisconsin that I visited in 1997.  But when I was there 700,000 people were there too.

jbs
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 07:32:31 PM »
That was my guess, too -- when we were there (with the gazillion other people), it was 103 F, and HUMID, and everyone was the color of cooked lobsters.   ::sweat::

And, IF it is where we're thinking, the last time I was there was on a cold winter's night, with the wind howling and the snow swirling, and I was kinda missing the 103-degree stuff.  Go figure!     ::)

Nice picture!   8)

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 08:07:03 PM »
Yep, it's KOSH all right. It's rather strange to see it in the off season, especially winter. Snow drifts and ice abound all the silent and deserted buildings that are so busy for one week a year. The food vendor places, warbird buildings, pavilions, all lifeless. The snow crunches under your feet; the only other sound is the wind... and the echoes of the laughter and happy babbling of people who bring it all to life in late July. You stand on the exact spot where you and your friends told tall tales six months before, only you are completely alone and the sun is cold. Then you realize what an idiot you are standing out among a bunch of deserted buildings freezing your ass off reminiscing when you could be at Fratillos with one of their beer samplers...  ::loony::

TM

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 10:15:25 PM »
And mannnnnn, you got kleeeeeeeeeeeeeen windows, Duck........   ::bow::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 11:56:44 PM »
A rainbow for you... 

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 12:39:06 AM »
Here's another of KOSH. I didn't take this one, but it'll be appearing in B&W in the Monnett book. The original I was given of this shot (which is also in the Xenos section of the Sonex Aircraft web site) is about 2 MB in size and has great resolution. I liked it so much that I had a poster made of it... then got put in a newly-painted office at work where I can't hang anything on walls!  ::sulk::

TM