Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768146 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #975 on: May 06, 2008, 02:09:45 AM »
SIGN ME UP, SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :D

:D

I figured you might like that one of the Minivan...   ;)  I sure do!  It was great to be back up in the mountains, and yes, there's still plenty of snow up north....  some of it inside the airplane....   ::whistle::

Rumors here now are that NM may happen by next week....  sounds plenty busy down there so that would be fun.

Today we finished up our last checkrides....  fire stuff only, this time....  so, that's over for another fire season....  AND --  HMMPHH --- when it came MY turn for cargo drops, the guys on the ground moved the target DOWN off an open ridgeline and into a hole, surrounded by HUGE pine trees...  and I do mean HUGE....  when we bopped up the canyon to find the spot, the check airman burst out laughing when he saw what they'd done....... 

Boy oh boy, I don't even go on contract until TOMORROW, and already I'm behind in the Harassment Department.........  But, it WAS pretty damned funny!!    ::rofl::

8)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

airtac

« Reply #976 on: May 06, 2008, 02:10:38 AM »

ONLY Mom, the minivan, and I know for sure............... ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::whistle::

Well, unless you're in love with both of them (which would generate kinky thoughts to somebody with a dirty mind... so I've heard), the one you're not in love with is going to be mad at you. Hmmmm. I'm not sure which one I'd rathter have be mad at me... either one is terrifying.  ::eek:: ::eek::

TM
Grasshopper, when making life's choices, you must move carefully, always balancing yin AND yan so that good and evil encompass one another in the eternal dance of ecstasy, never to be compared, never to be remembered, and never to be forgotten.  Only in the emptiness of fulfillment can the ego truly be expanded to attain the greatness that eludes all except those who fly their wings in circles and wear large watches to hide the fact they are hung like hamsters.   :-X

OH YEAH--in answer to the "TERRIFYING  ::eek:: ::eek:: question"---think about it, the airplane can ONLY kill you....... ::unbelieveable::
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 02:55:25 AM by airtac »

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #977 on: May 06, 2008, 03:21:24 AM »
Wow...  Hmmm..  what the hell does all that MEAN?  (I did catch the part about the BIG watches...........    ::whistle:: )

;D                  ;D                     ;D                      ;D

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #978 on: May 06, 2008, 04:20:25 AM »
A few pictures from today.......  it was almost 80 in Idaho!!  EEEK!!   :D

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #979 on: May 06, 2008, 04:34:15 AM »
How to get an ass whoopin--in one easy lesson: ::whistle:: ::whistle:: Ya'll can tell I'm off tomorrow huh?? ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

"Oh No---we drew S'mom AGAIN.. Our Father, who art.."

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #980 on: May 06, 2008, 04:40:02 AM »
Oh Wise One, how did you know?  That is EXACTLY what they were doing by the Minivan.....  imploring the spirits of the Air and Ether to keep them all safe....  and yeah, there were a few "Oh man, HER again?", too.....   :D

::rofl::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #981 on: May 06, 2008, 09:24:04 AM »
I'm sure you're not THAT BAD S'Mom as long as you remember that you are flying a Hatfield Specail and not a Extra 300L and cut out the rolling circles before the drops lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #982 on: May 06, 2008, 09:58:02 PM »
A couple more...

Minivan touring...

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #983 on: May 06, 2008, 11:57:33 PM »
A couple more...

Minivan touring...

::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining:  ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead::

(Nothing much just a "Why again I am not flying?????" moment)
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #984 on: May 07, 2008, 12:10:30 AM »
Grasshopper, when making life's choices, you must move carefully, always balancing yin AND yan so that good and evil encompass one another in the eternal dance of ecstasy, never to be compared, never to be remembered, and never to be forgotten.

Airtac my friend, you redlined my shock-proof Bull$hit detector with this line, but after it your post was really good!  Hehe.   |:)\

S-Mom, those are gorgeous pics of Montana Spring!  Please keep em coming!   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:12:03 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #985 on: May 07, 2008, 03:24:19 PM »
Grasshopper, when making life's choices, you must move carefully, always balancing yin AND yan so that good and evil encompass one another in the eternal dance of ecstasy, never to be compared, never to be remembered, and never to be forgotten.

Airtac my friend, you redlined my shock-proof Bull$hit detector with this line, but after it your post was really good!  Hehe.   |:)\

S-Mom, those are gorgeous pics of Montana Spring!  Please keep em coming!   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::
I must be slipping--I thought it perfectly NO sense at all ::loony::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #986 on: May 07, 2008, 04:08:35 PM »
I think you should stop watching those kung-fu films Airtac and get back onto the John Wayne's.  I prescribe "The Flying Leather Neck's" for starters  ::rofl::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #987 on: May 11, 2008, 04:37:02 AM »
One of the strips we use for jumper refresher training...  it has a pretty good slope to it and a dip in the middle, for good measure.   :D

airtac

« Reply #988 on: May 11, 2008, 08:38:21 AM »
HAH ! and I thought the dip in the middle of the airstrip was you ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #989 on: May 11, 2008, 06:34:54 PM »
Bwaaa haaa, well, YEAH, it IS!!   ::silly::

The scariest part of the day is crossing the paved but rural road that is right NEXT to the airstrip....  it's in the middle of pretty much nowhere, and the semis come screaming down the hill, blind as they come around the corner.....   it's always the same scene....  they hit the brakes in a flare of red tailights as soon as they see the airplane sitting about 50 feet away from them......  we get lots of honks and wild waves.....    ::loony::

:D