Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768012 times)

Offline Skid Kid

• Fledgling
  • Zulu Time!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #900 on: February 29, 2008, 11:02:49 AM »
Kudos!
Welcome to military life...they got you now!  |:)\
Don't worry, it'll buff out.

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #901 on: February 29, 2008, 01:39:47 PM »
Did I ever post this? Cant remember :)

Sunset just about a kilometer off me home.

And me. on my graduation photo. Written exams SCH 11-14 March, oral 25-28 May.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:45:22 PM by Fabo »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #902 on: February 29, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
Nice pics Frank, Madpilot, and Fabo. Congrats Madpilot. Fabo - Where's your grad pic? Good luck on your exams!
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #903 on: February 29, 2008, 07:45:53 PM »
Sorry I had it broken most likely :)

So there I am now.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #904 on: February 29, 2008, 08:46:02 PM »
Congratulations Madpilot and Fabo, and nice to hear to hear from you again Madpilot ::wave::

Glad you liked the pictures even though they're not that good, don't really show much. I've talked to my brother and he thinks the jet is probably an early Cessna Citation and not a LearJet. I still have no idea what that yellow plane on the pillar is. Btw did anyone read the new licenseplate on the car? :D

Skid Kid: Just saw your new line under your signature, I like it :D

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #905 on: March 01, 2008, 03:19:03 AM »
Thanks guys, I really got lucky getting the chance to come here. There are about 50 international cadets in the whole cadet wing (4,800 strong) so I guess it's quite an honor to get it.

Anyway, right now I got some free time because my superior cadets gave me confinements (kind of a punishment for doing something wrong, you have to get all dressed up in service dress and sit in front of your computer "doing homework"), so I decided to post a couple of pics. This is a really good place to be if you're an aviation fan like me, because we get fly-bys and visits by all sorts of planes and choppers. In almost a year of being here, I remember quite a few, including:

F-16s

T-6 Texan II (PC-9 in US service)

Black Hawks

A visit by an Osprey

and the nicest of them all, a B-17 (although I really should have waited a bit and zoomed in more, would have made for a nicer pic)

We also got the B-1, B-52, F-15, T-38, and A-10, but I don't have pics of those, just videos, and I still haven't figured out how to post those, so that'll take some time... the stories too lol
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #906 on: March 01, 2008, 03:45:43 AM »
Hey madpilot  ::wave:: Congrats mate!!! that's awesome news!!!!  |:)\ ::bow::

And love the photos too!!!
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #907 on: March 12, 2008, 08:09:14 PM »
Looks like you have had nice walk... but this page will be a pain in that royal ass to read for a loong time :D ;)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #908 on: March 12, 2008, 08:24:09 PM »
Haaaaa Fabo, that's a good one!!   ::bow::

Those ARE pretty...  just kinda BI-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-G to load...!!    ::silly::

:D     ;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #909 on: March 12, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »
What can i do? i tried to make it as links,it didn't let me,it was text,so,that what i did....
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #910 on: March 12, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »
Haaaaa Fabo, that's a good one!!   ::bow::

Those ARE pretty...  just kinda BI-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-G to load...!!    ::silly::

:D     ;)

Agreed---maybe he could re-size them..

And 1,000 feet is NOT low for a helicopter---I get a nose bleed if I go ABOVE 500 ft.  ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #911 on: March 12, 2008, 08:47:29 PM »
i don't know about feet, but they were somewhere around 50-100.... and i'm to *insert mental thingie here* to remember how to calculate feet....
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #912 on: March 12, 2008, 08:47:56 PM »
And 1,000 feet is NOT low for a helicopter---I get a nose bleed if I go ABOVE 500 ft.  ::whistle:: ::whistle::

Ha G-Man, yeah, that would be HIGH for you guys!  And float guys, too..  got my butt chewed flying in Alaska with a float guy....  as I happily climbed through 500' AGL, he gruffly said "Whaddaya tryin' to DO, KILL me??!!!??!!"   ::complaining:

Okayyyy.....  point taken....   ::rofl::

8)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

airtac

« Reply #913 on: March 12, 2008, 11:59:15 PM »

Ha G-Man, yeah, that would be HIGH for you guys!  And float guys, too..  got my butt chewed flying in Alaska with a float guy....  as I happily climbed through 500' AGL, he gruffly said "Whaddaya tryin' to DO, KILL me??!!!??!!"   ::complaining:

Okayyyy.....  point taken....   ::rofl::

8)
YEP, similar experience when flying across Cook Inlet--guy yelled at me that ya can't climb nigh enough to glide across anyway and yer gonna die after 10 minutes in the water anyway so why bother dragging out the process ::complaining:

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #914 on: March 16, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »
OK after the excitement of Saturday (PPL check ride) the Aero Club had an open day to celebrate the arrival of Bob Taits aviation school to Redcliffe Aerodrome.  Bob is one of Australias most well know avaition trainers and writes all of the recommended text book (he's a bit like the US guy Barry Schiff) AND he is an AWESOME aerobatics pilot.....this is Bob in action yesterday in the Super Decathalon!!!!! Note the aileron deflections in some of them!!  ::unbelieveable:: ::unbelieveable:: ::eek::  LOVE THE ONE WHEEL WHEELY down runway 07!!!... ::sulk:: Show OFF!!  ::rofl::
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:25:26 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww