Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767985 times)

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #855 on: January 27, 2008, 05:27:28 AM »
I hung around in the rain, waiting for the Wiener Man to come back, so I could find out how you get a JOB driving this BEAUTIFUL puppy!!

If I was an immature little twerp, I'd say something like "You would have asked him to show you his wiener?"

Good thing I'm not an immature little twerp, huh?  ::whistle::  ::whistle::  ::whistle::  ::whistle::

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

airtac

« Reply #856 on: January 27, 2008, 05:42:37 AM »
I hung around in the rain, waiting for the Wiener Man to come back, so I could find out how you get a JOB driving this BEAUTIFUL puppy!!

If I was an immature little twerp, I'd say something like "You would have asked him to show you his wiener?"

Good thing I'm not an immature little twerp, huh?  ::whistle::  ::whistle::  ::whistle::  ::whistle::

TM

HOW DISGUSTING !! (snicker)

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #857 on: January 27, 2008, 05:45:31 AM »

HOW DISGUSTING !! (snicker)

Hey, if I hadn't of said it, somebody else would have said it... or worse! In fact, they probably will anyway!  ::type::  ::wave::

TM

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #858 on: January 27, 2008, 06:08:20 AM »
Yeah....     ::)

Rght as I hit "Send", this little voice, using all 4 of my remaining brain cells, said very faintly....  "Did you really just say to the Coop, you were waiting in the rain for the Wiener Man"?!?    ::banghead::

Go ahead, fire away!!!!    :P

:D           :D           :D

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #859 on: January 27, 2008, 06:18:31 AM »
Not to change the subject (for how can one improve on a Wiener Man?), but here is S'Mom some years back, in the rain, having FUN on floats....  I've been finding old pictures and thought I'd bore you with a few.   :D

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #860 on: January 27, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »
Yesterday's flying.

My adored TOMSsy in good company on the apron at Kemble.

Sunset over the Severn on the way home.
http://leiafee.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/severn-sunset.jpg

Sometimes I feel so utterly incredibly lucky to be able do do this flying stuff it just knocks me sideways.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #861 on: January 27, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »
Yesterday's flying.

My adored TOMSsy in good company on the apron at Kemble.

Sunset over the Severn on the way home.
http://leiafee.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/severn-sunset.jpg

Sometimes I feel so utterly incredibly lucky to be able do do this flying stuff it just knocks me sideways.

Are those an A-26, and Canberra I spot?! If so I'm jealous! >:( >:(
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #862 on: January 27, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »
And a Bulldog....

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

airtac

« Reply #863 on: January 27, 2008, 04:08:03 PM »
OH MOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMY ::bow:: >:(
AN 18 on floats |:)\---don't know if I wanna shoot ya or run off with ya<jealous smiley>
Flew a clapped out 18 hauling bank mail--always thought I'd like to try one on floats..............

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #864 on: January 27, 2008, 04:23:25 PM »
Yeah....     ::)

Rght as I hit "Send", this little voice, using all 4 of my remaining brain cells, said very faintly....  "Did you really just say to the Coop, you were waiting in the rain for the Wiener Man"?!?    ::banghead::

Go ahead, fire away!!!!    :P

:D           :D           :D

Hey is that some sort of note taped to the door of that thing? If so, did you read it?

TM

Heading to OWB for Moonlite BBQ in the Arrow in about two hours!

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #865 on: January 27, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »

I'm a rubbish aircraft spotter, but wouldn't be suprised -- Kemble is packed with wierd and wonderfu flying machines.

And a Bulldog....

The Bulldog (the aptly registered G-DOGG) on the other hand, belongs to a friend, so is a regular companion to TOMS, and I've been upside down in it ;D

airtac

« Reply #866 on: January 27, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »

The Bulldog (the aptly registered G-DOGG) on the other hand, belongs to a friend, so is a regular companion to TOMS, and I've been upside down in it ;D
[/quote]
I believe there was a Confucian saying about that----HMMM ::) ???

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #867 on: January 27, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »
OH MOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMY ::bow:: >:(
AN 18 on floats |:)\---don't know if I wanna shoot ya or run off with ya<jealous smiley>
Flew a clapped out 18 hauling bank mail--always thought I'd like to try one on floats..............

Yeah...  as much fun as you think it would be?!?!?  Well, it WAS.  Still makes me babble (and drool) if I think about it too long.....   ;D

Hey is that some sort of note taped to the door of that thing? If so, did you read it?
TM

Heading to OWB for Moonlite BBQ in the Arrow in about two hours!

TurboQuacker, it WAS a note...  saying Mister Wiener had "gone to lunch"..  which is why I waited in the rain....

Hey we want to hear about the BBQ!!!!   ::wave::

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #868 on: January 28, 2008, 02:46:54 AM »
Hey we want to hear about the BBQ!!!!   ::wave::

The best way to sum it up is BUUUUUUURRRRP!

Two pilot friends and I piled into the Arrow and set a course southeast to KOWB about 12:30 local. About a mile or two from there is the Moonlite Inn BBQ (www.moonlite.com). I read about it in Pilot Getaways (a great rag, by the way) and visited for the first time last November. So much food that we could only sample things in the buffet-- too much to try and eat much of. It was the best food I think I've ever had, period. Just about had to do a W&B before we came home. We started talking about another trip during the flight home. Today, we made it. Amazingly clear and smooth air all the way down and back, and temps close to 50 down there. The food was a s good as I remembered and I still haven't had the chance to sample everything they offer yet. Which means... we'll have to make another "moonlite run" again before too long. Last trip I almost asked the sweetheart behind the desk at the FBO to marry me; this time it was our server I almost asked. I mean, how many servers, after serving a perfect glass of iced tea, come back with another one because she didn't think the last batch was good enough? I think she liked airplanes too (though she only referenced helicopters... is it possible for a woman who likes helicopters to like a duck who drives airplanes?). And yes, she was around my age.

Here's a shot of the sunset on the flight back to KBMI.

TM
(Who won't be hungry for another week...)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:58:54 AM by Turbomallard »

airtac

« Reply #869 on: January 28, 2008, 03:02:53 AM »
Well mommy, I can relate to babbling and drooling (just finished dinner at the Old Pilots Home) Even the clapped up piece of worn out crap that I flew was fun--I mean this old pig had duct tape on patches, Narco coffee grinders for radios, and a duck for approaches but I was having fun.  Something cool about arriving on a ramp with 2 engines that fart fire, clatter like nails in a blender, then puke a gallon of oil on the ground when they grind to a stop in a cloud of smoke---departure is even more fun with larger flame farts, clattering, and smoke clouds...........it was one noisy bastard, my ears rang like Big Ben every day after getting home.    I used to call her "Earthquake Magoon"--ah the good old days ::loony:: ::loony::
OOPS, they're coming with my meds--seeya ::drinking::
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:05:34 AM by airtac »