Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767941 times)

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #825 on: December 10, 2007, 12:39:13 AM »

So I am on my way to Bismarck right now---are you saying I should not have brought my summer shorts??

Got stuck in Cedar City last night, and made it all the way to Vernal, UT today..Hopefully tomorrow I can get there.. ::whistle::

If you're brave go for it.  Every now and then ill run outside to my car in just my sandals and a t-shirt, even being outside for that long is brutal.  What brings you up this way?
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #826 on: December 10, 2007, 03:16:04 AM »

So I am on my way to Bismarck right now---are you saying I should not have brought my summer shorts??

Got stuck in Cedar City last night, and made it all the way to Vernal, UT today..Hopefully tomorrow I can get there.. ::whistle::

If you're brave go for it.  Every now and then ill run outside to my car in just my sandals and a t-shirt, even being outside for that long is brutal.  What brings you up this way?

Maybe I'll pass on the sandals & shorts..

I am doing 50 hours of powerline patrols for the DoE.. Goes like this..

"yup its a powerline.. yup its a powerline.. yup its a powerline.." repeat about 175 times at 20 miles an hour and go back to the hotel for the night.   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #827 on: December 10, 2007, 06:40:36 AM »
Awww, c'mon G-Man, you're tough!!

You'll probably have the doors off, your holiest boots on, with your Hawaiian shirt a-flappin' in that BRISK, fresh Dakota air!!   ::bow::

:D           :D           :D           :D           :D            :D

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #828 on: December 10, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »

Hmmm, just sandals and a t-shirt? I really hope that's a long t-shirt then  ::rofl::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #829 on: December 16, 2007, 10:56:47 AM »
Ok, it finally ducked under freezing here, -6 C to be more exact which was colder than I'd dare walk in, especially since I was also going to walk on walkpaths that probably weren't salted/graveled yet. When I shot these pictures less than 30 minutes ago the temperature was still -3C (it took me several minutes to try and get the camera to turn on with several different sets of rechargable batteries that were all supposed to have plenty of power on them). The frost shows up nicely on my mom's freshly washed and waxed wine red handicap car don't you think? And on the next shot you can see the fog that made 30 danish drivers crash on the freeway in just 90 minutes this morning eventually blocking it. More and more I wish the Mitsubishi we got was a Marquise and not a Lancer.

Frank
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:58:27 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #830 on: December 16, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »
You cal THAT a fog Frank? Dont be silly :P

Nice weather over there.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #831 on: December 16, 2007, 03:10:05 PM »
Well when we drove out a few hours later, still -2C btw, then it was really foggy when we drove out of town, it was less than 100 meters visibility, and it really showed how dumb these modern supertiny elipsoid lights are on cars, because they're hard to see thrue fog because the light itself is so small, like Audi A4s and Peugeot 407s to name a few.

For the first time I my life I actually turned on front foglights, hoping they'd increase my chances of being seen, using them for their proper function, to mark the car, not to light up the road like many people seem to think since they drive with them on day/night summer/winter. Of course the Lancer's the first car I've ever driven that actually had front fog lights hehe.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #832 on: December 16, 2007, 11:37:12 PM »
Just before lift off:

Guess where Timothy is at:

"Now which line are we supposed to be on right now?":

They really do put huts on the frozen lake and stare into a hole all day.. :

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #833 on: December 18, 2007, 11:43:02 PM »
Hmm last I heard the ice wasn't thick enough to drive on yet.  Must have hit a cold snap in the last week or so.  Ice fishing here I come!!!  ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #834 on: December 26, 2007, 12:39:04 AM »
took this and many others at duford's flying legends this year cant belive how close i got
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #835 on: December 26, 2007, 12:57:02 AM »
this is one of me climbing a Munro (Hill over 3000ft) here in scotland i know its  not avaition related but its a good pic of me which makes a change

ian
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #836 on: December 27, 2007, 07:42:34 PM »
Oddball..Here, this looks better--less dead space and re sized to save bandwidth AND it also fits the page withOUT having to scroll--one of my pet peeves..  ::whistle:: ::whistle::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #837 on: December 28, 2007, 07:01:36 AM »
These are from the cameras of others, but I thought you might enjoy them.... 

More Twin Otters....  doing what they do....   :D

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #838 on: December 28, 2007, 07:04:07 AM »
And...  a neat takeoff...

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #839 on: December 28, 2007, 07:05:52 AM »
and a pretty shot, kudos to whomever took this, it is one of my favorites.....