Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768057 times)

Offline Hwkdriver

Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #795 on: November 29, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
Afghanistan from 11,000
Craig
3,000 TT Helicopter
UH-60 Instructor Pilot
UH-1 qualified also

Treat every situation like a dog.  If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #796 on: November 29, 2007, 07:20:38 PM »
Awsome pics, Hawk.  Thank you for your service to our country.   |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\  Are you currently in Afghanistan, or are you home now?
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Hwkdriver

« Reply #797 on: November 29, 2007, 07:23:14 PM »
Thanks Cruiser.  I'm home now.  Those pics were taken back in January of 2005 during OEF 5/6.
Craig
3,000 TT Helicopter
UH-60 Instructor Pilot
UH-1 qualified also

Treat every situation like a dog.  If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #798 on: November 29, 2007, 09:35:59 PM »
Woah!
Cool pics, Hawk!!

YOUR TAILROTOR IS ON CROOCKED!!!

haha.....just kidding....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Hwkdriver

« Reply #799 on: November 29, 2007, 10:02:44 PM »
Actually Mike, it is canted 20 degrees up.  The reason for this is because the T/R of the UH-60 is so far behind the CG of the aircraft  The T/R actually provides 2.5% of the total lifting force in a hover.
Craig
3,000 TT Helicopter
UH-60 Instructor Pilot
UH-1 qualified also

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #800 on: November 30, 2007, 12:20:22 AM »
The T/R of the UH-60 is so far behind the CG of the aircraft, the T/R actually provides 2.5% of the total lifting force in a hover.

Sitting patiently waiting for Frank to ask about CG shift due to fule burn and wondering if the T/R assembly should be rotatable on bearings to counteract for it, along with T/R roll..  ::thinking:: ::thinking:: But we delve into the realms of Prouty..  ::whistle:: ::whistle::

My brain hurts--Back to beer dousing and strippers..

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #801 on: November 30, 2007, 02:27:26 AM »
Actually I was wondering why there seems to be flaps on the tail since I was sure there was a good reason the tail-rotor is mounted at an angle, I didn't know it actually produced lift that's interesting information.

Btw, not sure if you saw it but I posted a message at the bottom of the former page while you were uploading the last pictures.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #802 on: November 30, 2007, 02:41:54 AM »
GREAT pictures, Hawk!!!   ::bow::

Did you work out of Khandahar also?

Thanks for sharing, these are just great..  glad you're HOME!!   ::bow::

Welcome to the Coooooooop.....   |:)\
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #803 on: November 30, 2007, 02:44:51 AM »
Mommy, howcomewhyfor your twotter belong company in Las Vegas an you be basin' it in Idaho? ???

hey Daddy-Airtac-Baby, HUH?!?!   :-\

Whatcha mean?  Oh I bet you saw the "IDA", well, that's where she was THAT day....   :-\

::wave::      ::drinking::

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #804 on: November 30, 2007, 04:47:53 AM »
Actually Mike, it is canted 20 degrees up.  The reason for this is because the T/R of the UH-60 is so far behind the CG of the aircraft  The T/R actually provides 2.5% of the total lifting force in a hover.

Hey, thanks for the exact numbers. I actually used a Blackhawk model for instructing and that was always a question I asked my students.
It leads into a couple of vector pictures of lift and that stuff . . .

I was just playing. But I really didn't know the exact degrees and how much lift you get.

I guess that's also why the horizontal stab folds down in a hover, huh?! So you don't push your own tail down?
(that IS a serious question)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

airtac

« Reply #805 on: November 30, 2007, 04:52:32 AM »
Mommy, howcomewhyfor your twotter belong company in Las Vegas an you be basin' it in Idaho? ???

hey Daddy-Airtac-Baby, HUH?!?!   :-\

Whatcha mean?  Oh I bet you saw the "IDA", well, that's where she was THAT day....   :-\

::wave::      ::drinking::
NOOOO, 512AR is registered to Twin Otter International in Las Vegas NV (hic) ::drinking::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #806 on: November 30, 2007, 05:06:11 AM »
That's strange, it's on airliners.net with pictures from 2004+2005, and it lists it as a -200, not -300.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #807 on: November 30, 2007, 05:10:47 AM »
That's strange, it's on airliners.net with pictures from 2004+2005, and it lists it as a -200, not -300.

Frank

HEADS WILL ROLL!! ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #808 on: November 30, 2007, 05:16:39 AM »
Sorry, I just remember Mary said to Brian it was a -300 since he was making it for MSFS.

I did search that the dates so the LV registry might be up to 2 years old, and I believe she said it was a newer one since the other photos she posted was the one she flew before, or maybe that was the -300 model.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #809 on: November 30, 2007, 06:52:17 AM »
Good grief, this is like living in my little cow town...  people keep track of all kinds of things I don't even find interesting!    :D

512 is the only 200 now working at Twin Otter.....  yes, it IS a 200.  It's s/n 59....  yup she is old.  But -- flies like a DREEEEEEAM...  really.

I just posted THAT picture because it's a side view, and he paints them all the same, Frank.

All the others I fly are 300s.  The fire machines are all 300s, it is in the contracts that way. 

And yep, the regis. is still probably Las Vegas, though the company is in CO now.  He's moving things over bit by bit.  They moved a couple of winters ago, now, and I heard in October they may be getting rid of the last hangar in North Vegas.

Now...  are we all caught up???  HEEEEEE......... 

(Hey -- they're ALL ugly...  doesn't matter which one you look at....)    ;D