Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767950 times)

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #750 on: October 13, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »
LOL the camera can take pictures of the future! (Can you try and take a picture somewhere in the USA to see if I make it over there and become a pilot? :D)

I've never heard of growing anything for harvest inside an airport though. Very nice pictures over the city as well  8)

AirScorp: Pot is also the nickname for marihuana, a mild but still illegal smoking drug made from plants. A pot is also something you can coook food in, hence the kitchen utensil jokes.

Frank

Frank, it WAS a kitchen utensil joke  ::rofl:: Or a garden one anyway!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 01:39:54 PM by AirScorp »
It's all Greek to me!

airtac

« Reply #751 on: October 13, 2007, 03:11:18 PM »
LOL the camera can take pictures of the future! (Can you try and take a picture somewhere in the USA to see if I make it over there and become a pilot? :D)

I've never heard of growing anything for harvest inside an airport though. Very nice pictures over the city as well  8)

AirScorp: Pot is also the nickname for marihuana, a mild but still illegal smoking drug made from plants. A pot is also something you can coook food in, hence the kitchen utensil jokes.

Frank
I just watched the old movie "Time Machine" so I'm interested in getting a camera like Rag's ---might help my investment portfolio ::rofl::

I've seen a number of airports with crops--for instance, the DC10 crash in Iowa a few years back was in a cornfield on the airport, (I believe)

Marijuana-pot-weed-bud-dope-wackybacky-smoke-joint-roach-----there's lots of nicknames for this controversial substance (3rd largest crop here in Northern California after grapes and timber  :-\

Offline RagDragger

• Fledgling
  • Indian Name: Running Tab
« Reply #752 on: October 13, 2007, 07:03:36 PM »
OK, fixed the date stamp.  Somehow it got rearranged there.  Darned electronics.  I wish I had one that saw into the future, though.  Be handy for weather planning!
God looks out for drunks and dumb animals.  Fortunately, I qualify on both counts.

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #753 on: October 23, 2007, 12:16:50 AM »
We got to go backbacking last weekend! Absolutely gorgeous! I had a great trip, even though  I've still got a couple of huge blisters. I hadn't got backpacking for a couple of years, so it was a lot of fun. We only did a 20 mi trail, but still, a blast.
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #754 on: October 24, 2007, 01:22:30 AM »
Here's the latest Minivan...  and No, they won't tell me what this is all about......   

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #755 on: October 24, 2007, 01:31:46 AM »
Aw, sorry I didn't realize it was so huge.....  must be from a nuclear plant HUH...  ha ha..........

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #756 on: October 24, 2007, 01:33:14 AM »
Restricted? Even to you? Or is that you in the left seat?

Is it easy to mount such pods and equipment, and does it give noticable differences in flying characteristics? I've thought of a camera/IR pod for aerial photography myself.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #757 on: October 24, 2007, 01:40:18 AM »
Hey Frank!   ::wave::

Installation on this pod was maybe 1-2 hours, including testing.  It's pretty lightweight..  and there is NO way to know there is anything on the airframe at all.  The Otter (thanks to her rather less-than-sleek styling, NO DOUBT) has had enormous items mounted out in the airstream, with no noticeable effects.....   ::loony::

Uh...  which is really GOOD....  uhm...  I guess.... or else, is simply PROOF it is as aerodynamic as a Sewage Treatment Plant...  uh....   ::loony::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #758 on: October 24, 2007, 01:41:12 AM »
P.S....  yeah that is me...   ;)

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #759 on: October 24, 2007, 03:09:08 AM »
If I was crude, I'd say something like "Is that a pod under the nose of your plane or..."

But, since I'm not crude, I won't say such a thing. Nope. Not me.

Okay... back to work on my Powerpoint for the meeting I've been invited to yap at in Saint Louis this weekend. Luckily, when I got asked Monday, I had just got back from presenting at an aviation history conference and can soup up that one for this group!

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #760 on: October 24, 2007, 03:42:40 AM »
Hee heee!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good one!...  Uh, yeah, so.....  d'ya like my POD?     ::unbelieveable::

You must be a great speaker....   ::bow::

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #761 on: October 24, 2007, 03:52:52 AM »
Actually it was pretty cool. After my presentation on the Monex racer (one of John Monnett's designs) a guy walked up to me and complemented me on the presentation and asked if he could buy a copy of my book (always a good thing). He said that he was working on research on the history of homebuilt/amateur aircraft in US history himself and that the area is largely untapped. I agreed. He then asked if I'd be interested in possibly working together on something and/or at least keeping in touch on the subject. Of course I said yes. He said "Here's my card..." and handed it over. I read it and about fainted... he's a curator at the National Air and Space Museum.  ::unbelieveable:: ::unbelieveable:: ::unbelieveable::

The other conference presenations were all excellent, most much better than mine. I had a tail wind of 40 knots when I flew home in the Arrow! Then when I got home yesterday I had four messages, all from some bank in Memphis. Turns out they were calling to confirm a check I had written to the tune of $3,300 that somebody was trying to cash or deposit. To make a long sotry short, somebody had gotten to my checkbook (most likely an employee from the hotel I was staying at) and took a check from the BOTTOM of the book and tried to use it. Had the bank folks not been observant I would never have noticed anything was wrong until much later when I discovered the check missing or gotten my monthly statement. I'm going to arrange for a free dinner for the teller that caught this for me!

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #762 on: October 24, 2007, 04:15:24 AM »
S'mom

Looks almost like a M.A.D. pod, although those are normally on the back....
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #763 on: October 25, 2007, 05:36:02 AM »
G-Man, what does M.A.D. mean??  I'm con-FOOSED......... :P

Here's another shot.... 

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #764 on: October 25, 2007, 05:41:05 AM »
'Mom is that the thing that Secret Squirrel glued on the nose.
YEWWWwwwwwwwww