Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768061 times)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #675 on: September 07, 2007, 12:08:22 AM »
I know, you're all fed up of my models, but here's my latest. A 1/32 scale Me 262
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #676 on: September 07, 2007, 01:31:02 AM »
 ::wave:: Hey Gilly....never fed up with your models. THEY're great mate!!!  ::bow:: Love the 262, great job
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:01:01 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #677 on: September 13, 2007, 11:06:28 PM »
mum,is that cross really necessary? its really unpleasent to see that sign for me,it makes me shiver.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #678 on: September 14, 2007, 12:07:13 AM »
mum,is that cross really necessary? its really unpleasent to see that sign for me,it makes me shiver.

Uh-oh. I thought this might come up. I want to assure you that I have no nazi ideals or am unsympathetic to your situation or faith. The ideals and stories that are behind it make me shiver too! My grandparents fought against it. I do however believe in the preservation of history. Good or bad. A popular saying here is "those who forget history, are doomed to repeat it." If we destroy even what was horrible, we are forgetting history. Out of sight, out of mind. I believe in preservation of history as a monument for the future. They can see the horror and the symbols that go with it, and never forget what we fought against, and what in some places in the world we still are fighting against.

Hope this helps clear things up
Gil   :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 05:51:06 AM by FlyboyGil »

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #679 on: September 14, 2007, 01:56:24 AM »
HERE HERE GILLY  |:)\ |:)\ no truer words have been spoken!
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #680 on: September 14, 2007, 03:38:35 AM »
Nah, must have got it from a movie somewhere!!!!

Just joking Gil  |:)\
In fact there are many who fly German airplanes in WW2 fighting sims, me included, and almost all feel the same and have a similar disclaimer..

BTW, the Me was a great plane and a very nice model you have there. But still, it couldn't turn s#$t  ::rofl::
It's all Greek to me!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #681 on: September 14, 2007, 04:35:53 AM »
Uh-oh. I thought this might come up. I want to assure you that I have no nazi ideals or am unsympathetic to your situation or faith. The ideals and stories that are behind it make me shiver too! My grandparents fought against it. I do however believe in the preservation of history. Good or bad. A popular saying here is "those who forget history, are doomed to repeat it." If we destroy even what was horrible, we are forgetting history. Out of sight, out of mind. I believe in preservation of history as a monument for the future. They can see the horror and the symbols that go with it, and never forget what we fought against, and what in some places in the world we still are fighting against.

Gil 

Great answer---I'm with you....
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #682 on: September 14, 2007, 04:18:32 PM »

Gil   :)

Could not have said it better |:)\
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #683 on: September 16, 2007, 04:47:15 PM »
Greetings all. Went to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum this weekend. Got some good pics, but unfortunately 1 of the only 2 flying 4 engined gods  ::bow::  ::bow:: was in Ottawa at the time, so I didn't get any pics of her  :'( :'( :'( :'( 

Faiery Firefly (Who the hell would call an airplane company Fairey?)
Avro Anson
Westland Lysander
CF 101 Voodoo
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:52:32 PM by FlyboyGil »

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #684 on: September 16, 2007, 04:51:07 PM »
More Pics

CF-104D Starfighter
Canadair Sabre (Golden Hawks Aerobatic team)
DeHavilland Vampire
Spitfire Mk 16

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #685 on: September 16, 2007, 07:45:43 PM »
SWEET GILLY ...SWEET!!!!! 
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #686 on: September 17, 2007, 02:49:30 AM »
Sweet paint job on that saber.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #687 on: September 17, 2007, 03:00:41 AM »
Got some more

Canadair CT-114 Tutor (same aircraft as our Snowbirds fly)
North American Yale
Starfighter on a stick (At the entrance of the Museum)
And a small way over an Avro CF-100 on a stick. Used as a monument, and stands in front of some orignal buildings used during WW2 when Hamilton was a BCATP base.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #688 on: September 17, 2007, 03:41:24 AM »
Man there are some nice pictures, is that a Catalina/Canso in the back of the first picture? And what's that under the last picture? At first I thought it was a Austin/MG Metro but no way would that've been sold in north-america, so it must be a Subaru Justy or something instead. Is it your car btw? :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #689 on: September 17, 2007, 03:56:22 AM »
Man there are some nice pictures, is that a Catalina/Canso in the back of the first picture? And what's that under the last picture? At first I thought it was a Austin/MG Metro but no way would that've been sold in north-america, so it must be a Subaru Justy or something instead. Is it your car btw? :D

Frank

Hi Frank.

The plane is a Canso. Built in Montreal. As for the car, I have no idea. But I want to assure everyone that it is not my car!!  ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: I have better taste! |:)\