Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768066 times)

Offline Franz

• Cockerel
  • Glider Pilot
    • Sportfluggruppe Leck
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #660 on: August 10, 2007, 08:54:05 PM »
[. . .]
Could quite likely be Z526A... did they have retractable main gear?
Yes, they had.
I was quite confused when I saw them after take-off, because the main gear didn't look retractable to me when they were on the ground. So when I saw them airborne I thought "Something's missing there . . ." :o

Btw, some pictures of the 13th International Military Gliding Competition at Holzdorf (where I spend the last two weeks) can be found here and here.

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #661 on: August 11, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
No big system in there, it just pulled backwards in the wing like this I \ and so on.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #662 on: August 12, 2007, 07:46:26 PM »
A display peice at a popular Flea Market in Grand Bend, Ontario. Hmmm, I wonder how much he wants for it? ::thinking:: ::thinking::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #663 on: August 21, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »
On my way back to North Dakota from vacation, saw a big fire outside Missoula, MT.  Snapped some shots there.  Got a ton of pictures from vacation, but I wont bore you with all of those.

-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #664 on: August 22, 2007, 03:57:23 AM »
 ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::

Looks like we've got competition with Soccermom for awsome fire bomber pics!!

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #665 on: August 22, 2007, 05:30:30 AM »
::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::

Looks like we've got competition with Soccermom for awsome fire bomber pics!!

Ya right, hers are much better as she can get closer than I.  I just stumbled across those guys too.  Tried to get some action shots, but they were ducking behind a mountain during the drops.

Here are a few more from the trip home and around...

-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #666 on: August 23, 2007, 04:26:18 AM »
Hey Flyboy Gil!

I just now saw the t-shirt you made for the airshow with the little Chuck on it !!  ;D
(haven't been in this thread for a while now. . . . sorry)

AWESOME!!!  ::wave::

Did people ask you about the "Chuck, is that you?" line ???
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #667 on: August 23, 2007, 05:54:21 PM »
Hey Flyboy Gil!

I just now saw the t-shirt you made for the airshow with the little Chuck on it !!  ;D
(haven't been in this thread for a while now. . . . sorry)

AWESOME!!!  ::wave::

Did people ask you about the "Chuck, is that you?" line ???

No unfortunately no one did  :( :( Not to worry, that shirt will be around for many airshows, so the word will be spread!!

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #668 on: August 23, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »

[/quote]
Here are a few more from the trip home and around...
[/quote]

You had to post those just so I'd start missing the west coast all over again, didn't you Undtac... Those are some nice shots. Enjoy it for me ;)
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #669 on: August 24, 2007, 12:25:41 AM »

You had to post those just so I'd start missing the west coast all over again, didn't you Undtac... Those are some nice shots. Enjoy it for me ;)

If ya want I can send ya some more, or even post some more for ya.

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #670 on: August 28, 2007, 12:04:58 AM »

If ya want I can send ya some more, or even post some more for ya.

Seattle is a neat city. I have always liked it when I get to visit. Haven't gotten to spend as much time as I would like to in Seattle, but it's one of those places that you always remember.
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #671 on: August 28, 2007, 01:24:15 AM »
Critters!
Here are a couple of critters that greeted me by my door a few days ago. The first is a Black Rat snake. He gave me quite a start... It's hard to tell from the pic but he's a good 6 ft long, and has rattle type markings on his tail. Fortunaly he's not dangerous, and eats mice and other such rodents - But why does he have to hang out by my door??!! The second is a big hairy spider that I know nothing about... Not the biggest spider that I have ever seen, but close. the biggest that I have seen was in my in-laws house in South Africa - it was at least 3-4 inches diameter.  ::unbelieveable:: 

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #672 on: September 06, 2007, 07:17:13 PM »
Alright everyone let's calm down and read those assembly instructions one more time.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 07:22:54 PM by FlyboyGil »

Offline Franz

• Cockerel
  • Glider Pilot
    • Sportfluggruppe Leck
« Reply #673 on: September 06, 2007, 09:26:42 PM »
Better not have an engine failure in that one and freight / passenger capacity seems to be somewhat limited, too.
Also it looks a little weird to have hot air coming out of the left cabin-cockpit-thingy, but not from the tail.
Anyone an idea how much thrust that engine has ?

And it might provoke situations like this:
Tower: 'KLM 345, I'd like to inform you that, aon approach, you were slightly left of centerline'
Pilot:'XYZ Tower KLM 345 I know, and my co was slightly to the right'

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #674 on: September 06, 2007, 09:45:44 PM »
Alright everyone let's calm down and read those assembly instructions one more time.

New's today...

Airbus introduces its hypersonic transport following in the footsteps of its most recent failure, the A380.   ::banghead::