Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767991 times)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #600 on: June 12, 2007, 01:00:31 AM »
hi Phil,

No problems, SAAB made the 91 series Safir as a Trainer/Recon aircraft for the Swedish airforce. Here is a good info site on them.. http://www.canit.se/~griffon/aviation/text/50safir.html

That particluar plane is a 1953 Model and was painted up in the SAAB Automobile corparate colours and it toured Australia through 1987 to celebrate the introduction of the SAAB 900 Cabriolet into Australia. I Believe it is now privately owned and still here in Aus. That day was our dealerships day for the 900 Cabrio release, and one of our senior salesmen also knew the pilot so I was lucky enough to get a ride in the right hand seat for a couple of low level passes over the Redcliffe airfield.  It was probably the closest thing to a warbird I had flown in, I was SUPER impressed, but there again I was an earger young aviation nut and any ride in a plane at that time impressed me!!! :) I'm still looking for the shots i took in flight.. ::banghead:: dang I hate packing and unpacking
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:23:27 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2007, 05:12:59 AM »
Greetings. I finally found the WW1 pics from Wright Patterson. Enjoy!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2007, 05:14:19 AM »
More Pics.

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2007, 09:18:55 AM »
WOW!!! Gil...AWESOME PLANES  :o mate  |:)\ Thanks for sharing them with us  ::drinking:: good viewing indeed
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #604 on: June 12, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
Awsome old planes there Gil.  Wright Pat. is definitly on my list of stops someday.

Phil

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #605 on: June 12, 2007, 09:40:50 PM »
I don't normally work on Mondays, but yesterday I was coving a shift for another one of the line guys who was on vacation. Now, my company shares ramp space with customs so we have a pretty good chance of seeing something unusual... and yesterday was no exception.

Col. Frank Borman's F-86 Sabre, part of the USAF Heritage flight. (Frank wasn't flying it though :( And yes, I need a new digital camera  ::complaining: )

after clearing customs, the pilot needed something to drink but no one had any change for a Twenty, so I gave him a buck and got this in return...

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #606 on: June 13, 2007, 03:42:45 AM »
Awsome old planes there Gil.  Wright Pat. is definitly on my list of stops someday.

Phil

I was able to scratch that off my list of aviation museums to go to before I die!!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #607 on: June 13, 2007, 03:44:25 AM »
I don't normally work on Mondays, but yesterday I was coving a shift for another one of the line guys who was on vacation. Now, my company shares ramp space with customs so we have a pretty good chance of seeing something unusual... and yesterday was no exception.
Col. Frank Borman's F-86 Sabre, part of the USAF Heritage flight. (Frank wasn't flying it though :( And yes, I need a new digital camera  ::complaining: )

after clearing customs, the pilot needed something to drink but no one had any change for a Twenty, so I gave him a buck and got this in return...
Brian

Soo Jealous!!!  ::cowboy:: ::cowboy:: ::cowboy::

airtac

« Reply #608 on: June 15, 2007, 04:34:26 AM »

Brian

If memory serves me well, Bormans F-86 used to belong to Micheal Dorn (Worf of Star Trek) who is a fine aviator himself---of all the actor/pilots out there, he's the one I'd most like to meet  |:)\

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2007, 04:53:52 AM »

If memory serves me well, Bormans F-86 used to belong to Micheal Dorn (Worf of Star Trek) who is a fine aviator himself---of all the actor/pilots out there, he's the one I'd most like to meet  |:)\

You nerd!!!  ::type:: ::type:: I Wanna meet Micheal Dorn too!!! Remember I still live in My parents Basement!! And anyone who loves airplanes, and was on Star Trek, well that's just totally awsome!!!

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/general/updates.htm

Scroll down. There he is!!!!

Except in Star Trek, his character was a real loser. All his wives and girlfriends dying off. His dishonour. His brother leaving his family. Yeah poor guy. Oh well. But hey, HE LIKES AIRPLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::
We should try and convince him to join this forum!! KUH-PLAA

:insert live long and prosper smiley here:
:insert GET A LIFE speech from William Shatner here:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:55:26 AM by FlyboyGil »

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #610 on: June 17, 2007, 08:07:58 PM »
Gil ya TREKKY  ::)  ::unbelieveable:: AND AIRTAC you TOO!!!!!  ::rofl::

Hears one i shot of the MIG based here in Brisbane, when it did a low fly by over the Indy curcuit on the Gold Coast...mmmm maybe last year or the year before
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:10:36 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #611 on: June 25, 2007, 03:07:40 AM »
WHADDUP ALL?!?!?

Just had an airshow in a city about 45 minutes from here called St. Thomas!! Not too many planes on the roster, but alot of the usual vintage. Took some pics of planes from inside a PBY, but the flash went off, and ruined them  >:( >:( >:(. But I'll post some pics anywhat. St. Thomas airport is an old British Commonwealth Air Training Base used during WW2. There were alot of trainer planes there from that era, so it seemed fitting. The Snowbirds were there as well ROCKIN AS USUAL!!!! ::cowboy::  ::bow:: ::cowboy::  ::bow:: ::cowboy::. But the higlight for me was the C17 Globemaster from a base in California, landing, reversing and then taking off from the runway. Keep in mind it is only a 5050 ft runway!!! Never seen anything like that. I shot some video with a cheap digital camera when it was reversing, and then when it took off. If you want I'll email you the shots, don't know if they'll work or not, but....

In the meantime I'll post some shots of the airshow.
Enjoy
Adam  ::wave:: ::wave::

Jungemann
Other Jungemann and Dear ol' Dad!!
Fleet Finch
DeHavilland Tigermoth

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #612 on: June 25, 2007, 03:10:13 AM »
More shots

DeHavilland Chipmunk
C-17 Globemaster
C-17 Globemaster on the roll!! ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #613 on: June 25, 2007, 03:36:05 AM »
Hey Gil  ::wave::, way nice mate....i really like the chipmunk!! Thanks for posting...looked like a cool Airshow
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #614 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=flyboygil

Here's the link to those videos of the globemaster reversing and taking off. I was able to upload them. Watch the second one first though!!