Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768064 times)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #570 on: June 03, 2007, 03:31:23 PM »
lets just call this "Room with a View"  it was my wake-up call this morning.  OK, I was actually on my way out the door for Young Eagles when I heard the lovely rumble of twin radials idling.

Awsome shot and video!! ::bow:: ::bow:: The best room in the house!! Those old airplanes look so right on Grass Strips!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #571 on: June 03, 2007, 11:47:31 PM »
WOW!!!!!! Tundra....thanks very much for sharing  |:)\ ::bow:: ::bow::
Thats awesome, couldn't think of a much better wake-up call then 2 round motors saying "Time to get up!!!"  |:)\
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #572 on: June 04, 2007, 01:18:48 AM »
Tundra,
That's a million dollar view   WOWEEE!!  And a Bamboo Bomber too
What other interesting airplanes are based there?
Do you ever take Tundratoy over to let her visit with her wooden many-motor grandma?

Thanks, I really enjoy just sitting by the window or at my picknic table in the evengings watching the neighbors come and go.  One friend of mine even sets up her approches so she comes past right at window level LOL.

Most of the other aircraft here are pretty common stuff.  Lots of Super Cubs, C-170's, C-180's and the like.  At least one C-206 and a piper Navajo.  There is a Do-27 based here, but I've never seen it fly.  Couple Citabria's and champs, a couple C-120/140's and at least one other C-150.

What was actually frustrating for me was the fact that I couldn't see from your video shot whether the old Cessna Bobcat actually made it into the air or not.  That kinda makes your video a neo-mystery...  whether the airplane actually made it to its destination or not!  Hehe.  We could actually have the start of yet another urban legend!   

Just to help you sleep at night, I saw it again a little later.  It was one of the static dispays for Young Eagles day.  If they'd been giving rides in it too many of us would have been trying to fake ID's  ::rofl::

Phil ::cowboy::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #573 on: June 04, 2007, 11:09:23 PM »
Gibbo has a "Baron-Low-Light" flickering on and off.  Here ya go, Gib!!!!!   ::wave::

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #574 on: June 05, 2007, 12:49:34 AM »
WOW!!! Mom ....how cool you flew a Baron!!!!!  ::bow:: ::bow::

Thanks for sharing too...WOW!!  Hey nice fire BTW
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #575 on: June 05, 2007, 02:03:56 AM »
ha ha Gibbo, well, glad you liked the fire, but as I recall, it wasn't a very "nice" one.   ::silly::

Here's a couple of the airtanker who has been working out of BOI the last few days.  You know...  they can sure make it "homey" in an airplane that big...  these guys have a huge, wooden picnic table in back, and sitting there, the cockpit looks about a quarter-mile away!!  Crikeys, Mates!!!!    :o

8)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #576 on: June 05, 2007, 02:52:26 AM »
ha ha Gibbo, well, glad you liked the fire, but as I recall, it wasn't a very "nice" one.   ::silly::

Here's a couple of the airtanker who has been working out of BOI the last few days.  You know...  they can sure make it "homey" in an airplane that big...  these guys have a huge, wooden picnic table in back, and sitting there, the cockpit looks about a quarter-mile away!!  Crikeys, Mates!!!!    :o

8)

Mom if you don't start publishing your pictures, I'm gonna steal them and publish them myself!! ::type::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #577 on: June 05, 2007, 08:31:37 PM »

8)

Hahaha!

They even have air conditioning, don't they?

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Loreto BC Sur
« Reply #578 on: June 06, 2007, 09:19:26 PM »
Nice morning pic taken at my favorite fishing hole:  Loreto, on the coast of the Gulf of California in Baja.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:22:21 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Flying into Loreto BC Sur
« Reply #579 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:02 PM »
Some aerial pics of my favorite fishing hole.   ;D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #580 on: June 06, 2007, 11:42:06 PM »
Beautiful! I especially like the last picture where the sun really makes the nature show of it's colours and splendor, and a nice view on final too  |:)\

Frank

P.S. Nice tractor too, Peterbilt 379?
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #581 on: June 07, 2007, 04:25:59 AM »
Wow, what beautiful shots....  so pretty!   ;)

On a completely different topic, here are the Master Jump Wings that were presented to my stuffed skunk, Pepe', back when we flew a project for the Army Special Forces.  They propped him up, gave a touching speech, pinned them into his little furry polyester chest, and then we all went back to drinking beer and eating stale popcorn.

At the time, he had less than 30 jumps, and now he is sitting at 107.   ::bow:: 

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #582 on: June 07, 2007, 10:49:44 AM »
Wow that's a cool logo!  |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #583 on: June 07, 2007, 11:40:46 AM »
Wow, what beautiful shots....  so pretty!   ;)

On a completely different topic, here are the Master Jump Wings that were presented to my stuffed skunk, Pepe', back when we flew a project for the Army Special Forces.  They propped him up, gave a touching speech, pinned them into his little furry polyester chest, and then we all went back to drinking beer and eating stale popcorn.

At the time, he had less than 30 jumps, and now he is sitting at 107.   ::bow:: 

'Mom WOW that Pepe' he has 107 more jumps than me!!  ;D  He sounds like a trouble maker  ::thinking::  ;) :D :D
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #584 on: June 07, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »
P.S. Nice tractor too, Peterbilt 379?

You certainly know your trucks, Frank. |:)\  Yes, my last full time trucking job was driving this 1999 Peterbuilt model 379.  It was a simple machine, with a 500HP Detroit Diesel engine and a 10 speed Rockwell transmission.  I forget the gear ratio on the rear axles, but it doesn't matter.  Old 1672 would top out around 106-110mph, but I mostly kept it under 80 because the trailers I pulled all had recap tires... which tended to overheat and explode if you pulled them any faster!