Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768084 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #510 on: May 23, 2007, 03:04:01 PM »
I've been up around 20 hours or so now, and we drove 100+ km I just have to say that the sales chief still stuck to our old car's trade-in price from january! And my mom loves the new car. For those wondering then this is how the car looks on the danish market, in std. trim, the sport pack is std. fitted for the danish Lancers.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #511 on: May 23, 2007, 06:16:40 PM »
Nice ride.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #512 on: May 23, 2007, 06:55:07 PM »
WOW Frank!!  That is just beautiful!!  So glad you got it...  I hope you're catching up on your sleep!!!!!!
S'Mom   :D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #513 on: May 23, 2007, 08:28:48 PM »
Awsome set of wheels Franklin!!!  ::cowboy:: ::cowboy:: ::cowboy:: ::cowboy::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #514 on: May 23, 2007, 10:09:28 PM »
 ::bow:: Nice Frank...very very nice, oooo and red...that always goes faster  ;)
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #515 on: May 23, 2007, 10:17:46 PM »
Nice new ride Frank! Three-diamond Evo!

Put on some Rolling stones dude!
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #516 on: May 24, 2007, 01:24:17 AM »
Good morning. Yeah my mom was really happy when she saw it, and in sunlight she suddently loved the colour. My old digital camera doesn't really show it that well, that there was taken standing behind our former the rear corner of my mom's now former Peugeot 206 before we went in and got the keys. It's easier to get in and out of for my mom even though the Lancer is only marginally higher overall but the different shape and position of the roof-pillars, doors, sills and seats makes entry so much better for my mom and she likes the seatback shape better too which overall should limit back pain for her. The trunk is also a lot bigger and while it can't be openend without the key from the outside via central locking like with the 206 then there's a pullhandle at the driver's seat and the big original wings is a great handle so it's fine, and easier to handle for my mom than the heavy 206 hatchback. I sit higher in the Lancer than the 206 and with the mirrors placed differently and that wing in the lower part of the mirror and no longer a big roof blocking rear vision then it feels really strange to drive. Btw, we stopped at a truck stop and removed all three rearseat headrests, especially center pillow-one can hide a full size car less than 10 meters behind you and the side mirrors seem further away from my normal vision than the 206, probably due to higher seating position and a steeper A-pillar. The Momo leather airbag sportwheel is pretty nice to hold but sadly blocks vision from the tachometer and we had to hold it under 3500 rpm but that's where the wheel covers the instrument and it's a short-range dial vs the big 206 one so much smaller movement to see when reading both tach and the speedometer. At least we drove thrue a non-filming speed display we have at entrances to several cities with main roads and it showed perfect 50 kph with the needle on just that position. A good start, I just hope it continues to show this unlike the 206 which electronic speedometer reset itself after every trip and showed a lot of different speed (44-51 at indicated 50).

I'll get some better picture later but first a little quiz. Before even starting the engine I put a CD into the CD player that's std. fitted with the car (as well as 6 speakers including so-called tweeters and indeed at 110 kph I could still hear most of the music clearly unlike the 206 over 90 kph). That CD is a Original Movie Picture Soundtrack. The first song is written by G.Moroder and T.Whitlock. Any idea on what it was? :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #517 on: May 24, 2007, 02:43:52 AM »
Mmmmm.. I bet the movie had some cruise in it? (pun intented)
It's all Greek to me!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #518 on: May 26, 2007, 02:43:09 AM »
So..  is he right, Frank??  Is it from Top Gun???   :D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #519 on: May 26, 2007, 02:46:34 AM »
Ah right sorry, I never did reply to this thread since I did in the chat. Yes it was the Top Gun Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (a CD I've owned for probably 10 years or so) and it sounded good thrue that radio and those 6 original speakers, very clear without need for bass boost or such loud things. Great driving music. I know Gil has another song in mind when he's going driving but I forgot the title of it, but he did say the lead singer is canadian and it is indeed a great song!

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #520 on: May 26, 2007, 02:49:23 AM »
Very Cool, Frank!!  Nothing is as nice as cruising down the road with your favorite tunes....  a real treat!!   ::wave::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #521 on: May 27, 2007, 07:25:42 AM »
One of last year's fires....

airtac

« Reply #522 on: May 27, 2007, 01:25:33 PM »
I hate when they burn that hot---ya gotta hold your marshmallows waaaaaaay back or they'll burn ::whistle::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2007, 07:18:29 PM »
And it's so darned hard to keep the beer cold.....   ::whistle::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2007, 08:14:30 PM »
Yesterday morning.....what a lovely way to start the day with a Tiggie coming up to great me  :D :D

AND the day ended with a visit from a DC-3  :o !!!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 08:52:41 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww