Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767980 times)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #480 on: May 09, 2007, 05:03:41 AM »
Learned from the best Gilly ;D YOU >:D >:D

You're making me blush here ::cowboy::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #481 on: May 12, 2007, 01:03:15 AM »
Here's a picture I photoshopped. I took a 1/48 scale Wildcat I built, and added some other pictures in the background.

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2007, 03:10:37 PM »
Interesting. Is that a Nissan or maybe an early HiLux? I sadly didn't take this, but while on the subject of tugs, look closer at this http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0902385/L/
I used to know two others but after a long search I can't find them again, but I did find this http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0706480&size=L read the text! Look for it at airshows down there!

Frank

Frank, I've seen pictures of those float dollys before, too.  The only problem is, you can't start the engine with the plane on the dolly.  We've got a hydraulic lift trailer that we hook up to a John Deere for launching float planes here.  They can start up while still on the trailer and be running when they hit the water if they want.  It makes for a lot less drifting in the river current.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

airtac

« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
Interesting. Is that a Nissan or maybe an early HiLux? I sadly didn't take this, but while on the subject of tugs, look closer at this http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0902385/L/
I used to know two others but after a long search I can't find them again, but I did find this http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0706480&size=L read the text! Look for it at airshows down there!

Frank

Frank, I've seen pictures of those float dollys before, too.  The only problem is, you can't start the engine with the plane on the dolly.  We've got a hydraulic lift trailer that we hook up to a John Deere for launching float planes here.  They can start up while still on the trailer and be running when they hit the water if they want.  It makes for a lot less drifting in the river current.

Or you could just takeoff on the dolly (ala Germany's 1st jet bomber) and have the dolly crash off the end of the runway ::unbelieveable::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2007, 08:22:18 PM »
OK, yesterday Sunday... 05-13-2007  the Beaufort Restoration boys opened up their workshop for all to see....

This is the Chevy Blitz truck they restored ..(thought you'd like that one Gilly  ;) )
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:31:32 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2007, 08:27:12 PM »
The Beaufort progressing well....

And starboard engine under way
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:32:59 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2007, 08:37:11 PM »
The Beauys nose art and restored Gas powered 303's
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:42:37 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #487 on: May 13, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »
SWWEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2007, 12:13:01 AM »
Ok I looked thrue the entire thread and couldn't find it. Here's a picture I took myself close to my old home in the early 90s shortly before my dad got sick. It's the biggest truck he drove (not including the tank transports he drove in the army in the late 50s). And yes that parkinglot is really small and narrow but he never did touch a sign  8)
When we pick-up the Lancer we're going past there so I plan on taking a picture of it at the same place for nostalgic purposes.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2007, 04:34:08 AM »
Cool, Frank,
No wonder you're proud of your Dad---nice picture. |:)\   I see the third axle on the tractor was able to be lifted when running empty for tire wear and economy--nice feature.

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #490 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:55 PM »
Photos of the 80% Spitfire from our Flyin/Comp on Sunday..... ::sick:: sorry about the picture quality i only had my phone camera (someone forgot to take the good camera to the day  ::complaining: )
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #491 on: May 21, 2007, 10:34:53 PM »
2 more...this plane was WAY KEWL!!!
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #492 on: May 22, 2007, 01:37:22 AM »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #493 on: May 22, 2007, 02:56:19 AM »
Awwwww. Hehe, that face actually looks fitting to your signature  ::rofl::

Hope all the family is doing well and will continue to do so ::wave::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #494 on: May 22, 2007, 03:21:47 AM »
BEAUTIFUL BABY |:)\

Glad your enjoying parenthood---the memories and pictures will warm your heart for the rest of your life---pay attention |:)\