Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768171 times)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2007, 03:14:51 AM »
Yes, that is a classic one -- great!! 

I wonder why it let you post a picture?!?  When Gil and I were shut out?  Hmmmm... ::thinking::

Maybe you and I have posted too many pictures. His is also a link, and not a download so maybe that's why ::thinking:: ::thinking:: ::thinking::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2007, 03:19:31 AM »
I think you're right Gil -- I just tried one and No Go...  Hey, we've been CUT OFF!!!!!!!!!   ::drinking::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2007, 03:23:56 AM »

I wonder why it let you post a picture?!?  When Gil and I were shut out?  Hmmmm... ::thinking::

Mine is a link---I use photobucket.com, Its free, and saves Mike money by not using up his bandwidth. I can post the photobucket pics on as many sites as I choose. I'm guessing that it being the end of the month--Mike and Stef have ran out of prepaid bandwidth or something like that.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2007, 03:48:50 AM »
Ah, thank you Grasshopper......   ::bow::

(A nice lightning show is going on just north of here...   looks like summer!!    )
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »

Mine is a link---I use photobucket.com, Its free, and saves Mike money by not using up his bandwidth. I can post the photobucket pics on as many sites as I choose. I'm guessing that it being the end of the month--Mike and Stef have ran out of prepaid bandwidth or something like that.

If they were out of bandwidth the entire site would be down (or the pictures wouldn't show).

My guess would be that the server has a folder for attachments and that folder is limited to a size of say 100mb.   That folder has reached 100MB so the server will not accept attachments.  However it can still display attachments and posts are in a different folder so they can still be made.

To test my hypothesis, I deleted the below photo from earlier in this thread and re attached it here in this post.  Since it did work this time, I venture that the folder is simply at a preset limit.  We can wait for someone to evaluate whether to increase storage, or we can delete attachments that we didn't really "need" to allow posting of more of them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 09:18:26 AM by Baradium »
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #425 on: May 01, 2007, 12:53:35 AM »
 ::thinking:: MMMMmmmmm i tried to upload a small 54k photo today and got this error message

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

So maybe the guys FTP folder or the designated photo bucket is over flowing?

::drinking:: Back to it then...Tally Ho
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #426 on: May 01, 2007, 08:07:36 AM »
At Racerplanet every account has not only a maximum file-size limit per file but a total folder-size to stop people from uploading tons of files that'll just take up server-space and I think CW might have a similar system. I guess you could ask Mike or Stef to adjust the limit either in general or for you guys specifically since we know you're not troublemakers.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #427 on: May 01, 2007, 09:11:42 AM »
At Racerplanet every account has not only a maximum file-size limit per file but a total folder-size to stop people from uploading tons of files that'll just take up server-space and I think CW might have a similar system. I guess you could ask Mike or Stef to adjust the limit either in general or for you guys specifically since we know you're not troublemakers.

Frank

Frank, no one can upload anything.  I doubt everyone would have randomly hit the limit at once.  ;)

Seems like it's just the server space overall... there does not appear to be a per user limit.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #428 on: May 01, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »
Alrighty we can add pictures again. I'll show you some local sights around Sarnia. This is a Sherman Tank in front of our local Legion Hall.

Enjoy :) :) :)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #429 on: May 01, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »
And More. The first is a local recently retired Tour Boat. Built here in Sarnia as Sub Chaser during WW2, and patrolled the Atlantic with Convoys (I guess this little thing was ocean worthy ::thinking::) It was replaced recently with another tour boat. The owner was going to donate it to the city, but the mayor made an insulting refusal about it. ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: Fortunatley it will stay as the Sea Cadets are going to take it over.

And finally a local train, on display also built during WW2, part of a 6000 series they called it's type. We used to crawl all over it when we were little, and I got stuck in the smokestack once ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P :P
So anywhat, enjoy :)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #430 on: May 01, 2007, 07:52:08 PM »
Oh yeah, a few more. An anchor and a cannon. I think everyone and their mother's crawled all over this cannon.

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #431 on: May 02, 2007, 04:28:04 AM »
Neat stuff, I always like seeing old vehicles.  My dad and I are big into trains, those old steamers are a real sight to see.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #432 on: May 02, 2007, 06:56:37 AM »
Neat stuff, I always like seeing old vehicles.  My dad and I are big into trains, those old steamers are a real sight to see.

I forget the model, but the really big steam engines... today's big diesel locos still can't touch them for power.   There was talk a few years ago from one of the railroads about possibly putting one back in service, but don't know whatever came of that (I'm guessing nothing yet).

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2007, 02:49:05 PM »

I forget the model, but the really big steam engines... today's big diesel locos still can't touch them for power.   There was talk a few years ago from one of the railroads about possibly putting one back in service, but don't know whatever came of that (I'm guessing nothing yet).

Don't know about putting anything in service here, but I know countries in Africa still have the old steamer in use. Those countries are a popular destination for railway buffs! ::wave:: ::wave::

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #434 on: May 02, 2007, 04:17:29 PM »
At Pioneer park here in Fairbanks they restored the original narrow guage Alaskan Railroad coal fired engine #1 and use it to pull the tour cars around the park on certain occasions.  The rest of the time it's in the Railroad museum there.  I'll have to get some photos this summer.

Phil