Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768090 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2007, 02:42:19 AM »
Beautiful Hawaii shots!!!  And nice ole airplanes Gil!!  Ooooh, AAAaaaah.....  oooh, aaaah......   ;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2007, 02:46:05 AM »
Ole Mom was out 3-wheeling with her Girlie License again today....  here are a few....   ;)    :D   

Here is one of Mike's crewmen from last year...  trying out for jumping this season...  they rehearse their "moves" before loading up for practice jumps.....

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2007, 02:47:52 AM »
One of the Canadian 3-Wheeler.... 

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2007, 02:49:34 AM »
3-Wheeler takes steroids...

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2007, 02:51:27 AM »
Gov't jumpship on short final.... 

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2007, 02:54:33 AM »
Zooming by.... well, sort of zooming.....   :D

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2007, 04:18:24 AM »
3-Wheeler takes steroids...

Hey 'Mom found this pic we took in Vanuatu , there are Canadian 3 wheelers there too!!!  Don't ya love the tail number R V  :D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:23:22 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2007, 04:25:40 AM »
That's a pretty picture!!  Very nice!!  Gee, not only would you have a MINIVAN, you'd also have an RV!!!!!  Boy, what a deal!!!   ::bow::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2007, 04:27:40 AM »
Thanks 'Mom thought you'd like to see RV/Minivan/3wheelers from around the world  ;D  Unfortuately we had to fly in the AT42 Beside it :( oh well ...
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2007, 07:50:29 AM »
Gov't jumpship on short final.... 

You guys use pavement?  ???

Here's some shots going into Nulato.  It's hard to tell in the first picture, but that's around a 200 ft cliff right off the approach end.

On the last one, you might notice a little speck on the hill... that speck is a really tall tree that sticks above the rest that is perfectly aligned with the runway centerline.

Yes, we had an empty leg so I took advantage of the opportunity to take some photos.

I wish I had some of Ruby.  It's a "fun" airport to go into with terrain and the ski jump shape it has.  ;)

I go to Nulato almost every day (it's a scheduled 1900 run).    It's a one way airport 99% of the time.  We really really try to avoid landing downhill (towards the cliff) or taking off uphill.  That hill actually isn't horribly big... but it starts almost immediately at the end of the runway and sure looks big on final or takeoff towards it (especially since you're already going uphill).  It might only be 100ft above the departure end... but the departure end is already above your altitude.  ;)

During winter the idea of an aborted takeoff isn't really something you want to think about.  The runway is essentially a sheet of ice, you're going downhill, and the runway ends with a cliff that stops at the Yukon river...

It looks like we are high in the pictures, but that's due to the upsloping runway and the associated optical illusion.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 09:15:51 AM by Baradium »
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2007, 08:10:28 AM »
G-man: My condolences. A beautiful send-of though  |:)\

Me and my tried yesterday to drive up to the technical museum in Helsingør (top of Zealand, north of Copenhagen, right next to Sweden, really narrow sound) that has the Canso (PBY-6) and several ex-RDAF early jets however when we finally got there, there was a big group of youth walking all over the place, sidewalk and road, in front of the museum, and they walked in there, even in the open they were loud, in the open halls in the museum I wouldn't even enjoy touching the Canso cockpit window (there's a ladder up) so that was one wasted trip that almost ended with us running out of fuel without a gas-station in sight for 30+ km's. Before going out shopping we drove back to Roskilde and drove past the Airport where there were tons of trainers and such but due to fear of a guard comming out I didn't dare stop and take a picture (no idea if it's still allowed to park and look thrue the open fence due to terrorists that also stopped the tours of Copenhagen Airport) so no pictures there either :(
Man did I wanted to be up there in one of the aircraft instead of squeesed in between two 40 ton roadtrains (I was actually that for a long while, when we were running out of gas even, not fun!).

I hope to be able to have some experiences that are worth taking pictures of, in the meantime I'm just living thrue yours :)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »

We use whatever is where they ship us!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :D

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »

We use whatever is where they ship us!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :D

:P :P :P

I would hope they wouldn't ship you to these places we go to... they don't even have terminal buildings for the most part... and the mosquitos along the yukon would probobly carry you away!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2007, 08:17:46 PM »
Ooooh, yeah!!   I remember those AK mosquitoes...  man!!!  The biggest ones I ever saw!  Here I thought the pattern was full of Cessna 150s and it was just the mosquitoes.....   ::unbelieveable::

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2007, 08:48:40 PM »
Ooooh, yeah!!   I remember those AK mosquitoes...  man!!!  The biggest ones I ever saw!  Here I thought the pattern was full of Cessna 150s and it was just the mosquitoes.....   ::unbelieveable::

Hahahaha!

The small ones are the ones that get you.  The big ones around fairbanks, you step to the side and they fly by you.   The medium sized ones (still really big by lower 48 standards) and smaller ones along the yukon though will tear you up.   I use a 40% deet bug spray.  There is 99% stuff out there, but 40% does seem to work.  What's bad is that even with the spray, it doesn't help stop the ones that insist on flying into your field of vision inside the aircraft while you're flying...

The big ones are almost funny becuase they are so slow.