Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767916 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2007, 02:33:37 AM »

Sexy toys and lingerie? Now we know where the pink Panties that Soccermom found came from!! :D :D

Yep---had something to do with my watch too I believe................ ;)
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2007, 02:40:05 AM »
My little stuffed jumping skunk Pepe' also jumped today..  he had a chute malfunction and spun for a ways so missed the spot.  They throw him out from their neck or leg pocket usually around 200 feet up..  he's been treed up, caught in the wind and blown away...  ohhh, it's a tough life for a little guy.   ::sweat::

I didn't get his picture today, but here he is in Australia, partaking of the local color...  or is that colour?!?!  He has jumped from a DC-3, a turbine DC-3, a Shorts Sherpa C-23A, the Twin Otter (his favorite, he says), a Dornier 228, and a military C-130.....  so, he's pretty wound up that it is getting to be fire season again.   ;)

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2007, 02:41:57 AM »
Ow, sorry, didn't know those were so large!   :-\

Hey, G-Man, glad you're getting to do some mission-critical shopping there...  hee hee...  that COULD explain those pink panties!!!   :D

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2007, 02:53:33 AM »
Okay, so the White Minivan and I went out today and got back into our summer routine....  dropping the "kids" off at "day camp".  We dropped the whole family, then landed at a small airport nearby to wait for the kids to come back, grab new chutes, and load up again.  Another guy took off to do HIS checkride, and all the rest of us drove out into the dusty desert to watch the "kids" alight from above.

Here's the first one...  "Look!  Up in the sky!  It's a bird...  it's a plane..."

So what's the gal in the white shirt doing?  ???  Is that some kind of fire fighter hand signal?  Or is she suffering from a...ah...wardrobe malfunction?  :-\

Phil  ::thinking::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2007, 02:56:12 AM »
She's scratching her elbow!!!   :D

One thing with these folks, you never have to wonder what signal they are giving you...  Ha!!!   

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #335 on: April 26, 2007, 03:03:27 AM »
My little stuffed jumping skunk Pepe' also jumped today..  he had a chute malfunction and spun for a ways so missed the spot.  They throw him out from their neck or leg pocket usually around 200 feet up..  he's been treed up, caught in the wind and blown away...  ohhh, it's a tough life for a little guy.   ::sweat::

I didn't get his picture today, but here he is in Australia, partaking of the local color...  or is that colour?!?!  He has jumped from a DC-3, a turbine DC-3, a Shorts Sherpa C-23A, the Twin Otter (his favorite, he says), a Dornier 228, and a military C-130.....  so, he's pretty wound up that it is getting to be fire season again.   ;)

"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2007, 03:07:01 AM »
Oh Duck!!!  You have got to STOP that!  I cannot stop laughing.  You almost killed me that time before, with your little duck...  and now this!!!!!   ::rofl::

Here's one of Pepe' getting his airtanker checkout, in a DC-4.....  back when his fur was clean....  he's got 104 jumps now and he's pretty dirty!!!! 

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2007, 03:20:44 AM »
Oh Duck!!!  You have got to STOP that!  I cannot stop laughing.  You almost killed me that time before, with your little duck...  and now this!!!!!   ::rofl::

Here's one of Pepe' getting his airtanker checkout, in a DC-4.....  back when his fur was clean....  he's got 104 jumps now and he's pretty dirty!!!! 

That's not the 4 that's pancaked in the tundra now is it?  ::sweat::

Phil

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #338 on: April 26, 2007, 03:23:26 AM »
No, but a sister -- so-called -- to the one up there.  That was T-153 I believe..  the guy who sold that one to the co. in Ak also owned this one..  not sure where this one is now..

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #339 on: April 26, 2007, 04:16:20 AM »
Gil: Hahaha, great one! As I said earlier then buying stuff like could backfire for a man :D

Mom: Awesome pictures in the tru sense of the word  |:)\ I so much want to try and experience some of the fun you have, just once. I bet the jumper-comic and me could do a dueling-comics rutine :D I'm often pretty good for quick comebacks, especially the kind all laugh at, including the person that might be the targe :)

When my brother drove a truck, as well as the minibus for the christian church my mom attended when they drove to the bible-school in Switzerland or such then he had a sitting Garfield plushie with him in the windshield, he even had that with him when he drove our car, even when he visited over here, he still has it after what must be 15-20 years now, although after sitting in the windshield then the colour has been a bit pale.

Frank
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:19:26 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #340 on: April 26, 2007, 08:27:06 AM »
I was wondering about those  red annuciator lights too!    Probably more evidence of pilot attention-span;

"OH-OH, THE FRAMMISTRAT WARNING LIGHT IS ON, WE'RE DOOMED !!! ::eek::-----------oh my, aren't the snow covered hills pretty--now where's my camera?" ::whistle::

I also noticed her new icon picture-----is that spinny thing not supposed to be spinning??  ???
Frank, I have noticed that too---Those "spinny things" are the reason airplanes are so noisy.  I have found that by shutting them off, you can eliminate 90% of the external noise emanating from the aircraft---however, the internal noise (depending on passenger load) seems to increase to a point where the noise reduction effort seems pointless--what to do- what to do??????   Just shows, in aviation, there are no easy answers :-[

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #341 on: April 26, 2007, 08:38:25 AM »
Phil, I wish I had taken some shots of the mountains..  they really ARE pretty there, but I keep forgetting I own a camera now!  Sheesh.  It's been too many eons and I just forget all about it.  I forgot it today at first, but remembered all of a sudden and tried to get some shots of the jumpers landing in the desert at their training spot.  I'll post some under the Camera thread.....

Not to worry Mom, got you covered.  Here a few shots from my first trip though windy pass in tundra toy.  Was in May as I recall.

airtac

« Reply #342 on: April 26, 2007, 08:47:50 AM »
WOW, Great pictures, Phil

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #343 on: April 26, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
Thanks, I didn't have a camera back then and was using one of the little throw-away ones that trip.  I"ll have to make the trip again now that I've got a better camera.  Maybe in a week I'll fly down for the Aviation Trade Show in Los Anchorage.

Phil

airtac

« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2007, 05:59:18 PM »
Los Anchorage ???
I had to turn down a trip there for the aviation show---a friend was going to fly his 185 up if I'd go along, unfortunely, I had to be here for business so he's going by airline and I miss a fun trip ::banghead:: ::banghead::