Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767976 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2007, 05:16:15 PM »
Good one G-Man, and doesn't it look like the prop is feathered too (ruling out that it was a photograph taken with a high shutter-speed)?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2007, 08:05:03 PM »
I was wondering about those  red annuciator lights too!    Probably more evidence of pilot attention-span;

"OH-OH, THE FRAMMISTRAT WARNING LIGHT IS ON, WE'RE DOOMED !!! ::eek::-----------oh my, aren't the snow covered hills pretty--now where's my camera?" ::whistle::

Bah...Details , details,,they always get in the way of a good shot!!  ;D 
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2007, 12:47:32 AM »
Boy, you guys are just all tanked up on brains and caffeine, aren't you?  How can I ever put anything over on you?!?!?

Yep, that is an ORANGE light, saying props reset, since the power was brought back a bit....  actually it REALLY IS the "Oh-crap-your-dog-is-out-on-the-porch-and-when-we-do-our-low-pass-he-will-poop-on-the-deck" light....... heh heh heh.... 

But, annunciator lights only count when the pilot has his eyes open, and in this case, he had them tightly shut, so we were okie-dokie per FAR Part Two-Two-Two-Silly.   :D

I've missed you Chickens!!!!!   :D

What about ducks?  :'(

TM
And what about bears? :D Beautiful pictures  8) |:)\

Frank

And YES, of course I have missed the Bears and Ducks too, goodness, you must know that, Mom misses all her happy fledglings!!!!!!   :-*

And that prop is feathered and was doing a slow mill out there...  that's why the pictures....  not much interest in one that is moving how you want!!!!  ;)

P.S.  Airtac!!  How did you get them to install a Frammistrat on your airplane?!?!?!?!?!  I've been asking Santa for one for ages......   

:P

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2007, 01:15:53 AM »

P.S.  Airtac!!  How did you get them to install a Frammistrat on your airplane?!?!?!?!?!  I've been asking Santa for one for ages......   

K, K already---I'll bite, What is a "Frammistrat"? Is that like a "doohicky"--I have lots of those on my helicopter......
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2007, 01:17:49 AM »
And that prop is feathered and was doing a slow mill out there...  that's why the pictures....  not much interest in one that is moving how you want!!!! 

And the steep, rugged rocky mountains in the background just make it that much more interesting  ::drinking::

Phil  ::cowboy::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2007, 01:55:56 AM »
Phil, I wish I had taken some shots of the mountains..  they really ARE pretty there, but I keep forgetting I own a camera now!  Sheesh.  It's been too many eons and I just forget all about it.  I forgot it today at first, but remembered all of a sudden and tried to get some shots of the jumpers landing in the desert at their training spot.  I'll post some under the Camera thread.....

And G-Man, I have NO IDEA what a Frammistrat is, but I don't care!   ::sulk::  I want one ANYWAY.  You know, pilot-stuff.   ;)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2007, 02:13:24 AM »
Okay, so the White Minivan and I went out today and got back into our summer routine....  dropping the "kids" off at "day camp".  We dropped the whole family, then landed at a small airport nearby to wait for the kids to come back, grab new chutes, and load up again.  Another guy took off to do HIS checkride, and all the rest of us drove out into the dusty desert to watch the "kids" alight from above.

Here's the first one...  "Look!  Up in the sky!  It's a bird...  it's a plane..."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2007, 02:15:23 AM »
Now, those are all smokejumpers...  they take turns jumping and running the "ground stuff".

Here comes one of the first "kids".....

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2007, 02:17:25 AM »
A happy child after landing....

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2007, 02:21:22 AM »
This guy could be a zillionaire if he went on HBO and did his comedy routine..  he's just hilarious.  The orange nylon is the target -- and he hit on the tarp, and his head landed right next to the picturesque rock you see holding the corner down...  with the "au naturel" sun-bleached animal skull perched atop the rock (for art's sake, of course).  I tried to get one of his face next to the skull but he sat up too quickly.... 

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2007, 02:23:00 AM »
A side view of one of the kids in the flare....

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2007, 02:25:31 AM »
A nice one of the chute....

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2007, 02:27:28 AM »
 WOW ;) MOM  ::wave:: awesome STUFF!!!!!

Keep 'em comin'
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2007, 02:28:32 AM »
Cool pics mom....Seems like a whole bunch of hard work---all I have been doing is going to all the fun places and taking pics of each other...

Lingerie stores:

Liquor stores:

English Pubs:

Here's lookin at ya...

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2007, 02:31:45 AM »
Cool pics mom....Seems like a whole bunch of hard work---all I have been doing is going to all the fun places and taking pics of each other...

Sexy toys and lingerie? Now we know where the pink Panties that Soccermom found came from!! :D :D
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES