Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767925 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
HA HA! Mom! I've been to the Warm Springs strip in ID before! What a small world. Pretty crazy to think you guys fly in and out in an airplane!!
I rather have a helicopter for these strips....

Hey G-Man, what's the girls name on the picture? Is it Jamie?

Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2007, 06:21:37 PM »

Hey G-Man, what's the girls name on the picture? Is it Jamie?

I forget her name, but Jamie is the red head doing the pushups in the "exercisin" pic. Now Jamie is another one with the hair---she dyed it blue right before I left Utah..................
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2007, 07:15:46 PM »

Flyboygil---I'm assuming you mean the one "Dancin & Swimmin", She was a seasonal currently studying in Salt Lake City.

I figured he meant the one in the "Kung Fu Fightin"  pic....  looks like a bunch of guys dancin?

???
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2007, 02:33:25 AM »
Flyboygil---I'm assuming you mean the one "Dancin & Swimmin", She was a seasonal currently studying in Salt Lake City.

That's the one I meant. I think I'm in love!! ALthough she looks young enough to be well not my daughter, but younger cousin? ??? ??? ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony::

Yeah I'm going to hell >:D >:D >:D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:35:04 AM by FlyboyGil »
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2007, 06:35:10 AM »
That's the one I meant. I think I'm in love!! ALthough she looks young enough to be well not my daughter, but younger cousin?

She could be older than me...   :D

Probobly about the same age though.

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2007, 10:49:58 PM »
AIRSHOW!!! At Coffs Harbor last weekend... just a couple that might interest you guys
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2007, 10:54:16 PM »
Purtty pictures there Gibby. Airshows rock!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #277 on: April 18, 2007, 12:06:08 AM »
Couple more for ya!!............
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:09:07 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #278 on: April 18, 2007, 12:12:46 AM »
Wow!  ::bow:: Thanks for sharing!  |:)\
That black cat looks hot though (temperature-wise that is).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #279 on: April 18, 2007, 07:21:38 AM »
Cool pictures!   

I agree that the catilina looks a bit toasty for summer flying...   but if you can afford one I believe you can afford to paint it however you want.  ;)

Looks like it could make a good flying RV too.   ;)

I saw a lamentation I believe in the AOPA magazine about how since WWII we havn't really created any good flying boats for maritime patrol.   So while in WWII a downed aviator could be picked up and back to land in a matter of hours, now a the patrol aircraft can do nothing but drop a life raft if you are out of helicopter range...  and then you have to wait for a passing cargo ship to be able to pick you up.   You can be on the seas for a matter of days now.

Funny how with all the technology we can do less in some areas than we could back then...

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2007, 12:04:43 PM »

I saw a lamentation I believe in the AOPA magazine about how since WWII we havn't really created any good flying boats for maritime patrol.   So while in WWII a downed aviator could be picked up and back to land in a matter of hours, now a the patrol aircraft can do nothing but drop a life raft if you are out of helicopter range...  and then you have to wait for a passing cargo ship to be able to pick you up.   You can be on the seas for a matter of days now.

Funny how with all the technology we can do less in some areas than we could back then...

Yeah BUT: The technology of "staying in the air", has improved. When was the last time you heard of a LRMP airplane ditching? I flew on them for eight years, (in a former life prior to helicopters). The only ditching's I remember are the French put an Atlantique in the water and then sat on the wing drinking wine while it was towed back to shore, and a Nimrod ditched in the Moray Firth with an engine fire--they all got out and were picked up within 20 minutes.

Sometimes technology improves laterally.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »

Yeah BUT: The technology of "staying in the air", has improved. When was the last time you heard of a LRMP airplane ditching? I flew on them for eight years, (in a former life prior to helicopters). The only ditching's I remember are the French put an Atlantique in the water and then sat on the wing drinking wine while it was towed back to shore, and a Nimrod ditched in the Moray Firth with an engine fire--they all got out and were picked up within 20 minutes.

Sometimes technology improves laterally.

Except this article was talking about the aircraft that ditch every year.   I'm not talking about the LRMP airplane ditching... I'm talking about the aircraft ditching that the LRMP could pick up the pilots for.

In the article they were discussing a specific event with a C-172 ferry flight.  They like to cross in groups, but if no one can land when one goes down, it still leaves the pilot stranded.

Now all the LRMP aircraft can do is circle overhead and hopefully maintain visual contact with the downed aviator.

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
Here are a few shots flying to Vegas going near the grand canyon.  The last one is a bit blurry(really dirty windscreen) but is a shot coming into phoenix from the east at night
WOW I did that!

airtac

« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2007, 08:41:38 PM »
Hey Chukar, what kind of manymotor were you flying that day--looked like a piper of some kind?

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2007, 09:01:46 PM »
A good ol' Piper PA-44-180 Seminole. 
WOW I did that!