Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768110 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2007, 01:13:16 AM »
Sorry that was so big, here is another try.............

::)

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2007, 01:28:35 AM »

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2007, 01:42:21 AM »
Ahhh, beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2007, 02:12:42 AM »

Where was that one taken Soccermom? That's a gorgeous picture :) :) :) :) :)
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2007, 03:23:21 AM »
I'm glad you like it.  It's the Moose Creek airport in central Idaho.  There are 2 grass runways, I think elevation is only 2400 feet or so, and the long runway (you're looking down the canyon along its departure path) is something like 4000 feet long.  It's a SWEET place..  just gorgeous.  The USFS mows it and it is in immaculate condition.  There is a ranger station there.  You usually land (up-canyon) on the shorter runway (at an agle to the long canyon you can see) and take off down-canyon, out the way way you're looking, past the airplane. 

It has had its share of accidents but I would bet it's the nicest, longest grass strip in the state.  That Champ had a whopping 85 HP and no starter...  I would only get one day off at a time in the summer, and would save up all my gas pennies (literally) to fly over there and then hike up the river for the day, come back at sunset so it would be cooler to take off, and then head home to Montana.  I love that picture because it puts me right back there, and I can almost smell the grass under the tires.

8)   

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2007, 04:58:28 AM »

Absolutely Gorgeous!

jbs
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2007, 05:31:10 AM »
I'm glad you like it.  It's the Moose Creek airport in central Idaho.  There are 2 grass runways, I think elevation is only 2400 feet or so, and the long runway (you're looking down the canyon along its departure path) is something like 4000 feet long.  It's a SWEET place..  just gorgeous.  The USFS mows it and it is in immaculate condition.  There is a ranger station there.  You usually land (up-canyon) on the shorter runway (at an agle to the long canyon you can see) and take off down-canyon, out the way way you're looking, past the airplane. 

It has had its share of accidents but I would bet it's the nicest, longest grass strip in the state.  That Champ had a whopping 85 HP and no starter...  I would only get one day off at a time in the summer, and would save up all my gas pennies (literally) to fly over there and then hike up the river for the day, come back at sunset so it would be cooler to take off, and then head home to Montana.  I love that picture because it puts me right back there, and I can almost smell the grass under the tires.

8)   
Wow!  ::angel:: |:)\ 8)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2007, 05:50:32 PM »
DC-3 with the turbine conversion......

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2007, 07:42:42 PM »
Soccermom, is it you taking the pictures? Because if you did not notice yet, you actually have a gift: they are GORGEOUS!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2007, 09:05:44 PM »
Soccermom, is it you taking the pictures? Because if you did not notice yet, you actually have a gift: they are GORGEOUS!

That's what I told her too! She should do aviation photography for a living. She's really good at it!!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2007, 02:38:03 AM »
Boy!  You guys sure are gracious!!   :D

I did not take the one of the Doug...  though I like it because it was such a dark, overcast day.  I did take the Champ, the ones in Australia, the fire ones, and the Blackhawk...  The Chinook one is from a pal who just got back from Afghanistan...  Like I said, I think you are just being awfully NICE!!!   :)

Hugs!!  The Mom-ster***

8)   

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2007, 03:06:42 AM »
Here is one of some funny men in the back of the above-pictured DC-3....  in between jumps.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2007, 10:21:53 PM »
Taking the kids to summer camp.........

8)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2007, 11:29:50 PM »
The now-rather-famous, custom-built, hand-painted, personalized Pink Tailstand...  courtesy of the shop!!

I love these guys.

8)

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2007, 12:26:56 AM »
Went home for Spring Break, and spent an hour or so outside McCord AFB takin some pics of a couple of Globemasters in the pattern.  And I mean pattern, they were doing figure 8's around the runway in tandom one about 1/2 mile behind the other, doing some real crazy turns and climbs, it was impressive.  Here's one, ill put some more up if you're interested.

-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...