Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768113 times)

Offline Lt.Fubar

• Fledgling
  • Chasing the sunset
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #1410 on: March 30, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »

Either that, or it was Aurora spy plane contrails  ::rofl::
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:33:44 PM by Lt.Fubar »
“I'm a leaf on a wind, watch how I soar.” Hoban 'Wash' Washburne

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1411 on: March 30, 2011, 01:29:04 PM »
Yep, this diagram is exactly what I saw! thanks!
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1412 on: May 15, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1413 on: May 16, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »
Whoops!  A little bit of a balloon effect on your flare.  Nice recovery from it.   |:)\

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 31, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
Photos of my recent project a Scottish Aviation Bulldog TMk 1a:

Before:

And

After:
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #1415 on: June 01, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »
[/quote]

Ouch!  Reminds me of my R/C days.   ::banghead::

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #1416 on: June 01, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »
Here's my latest video.  This landing and taking off again from Goldking.  It's an old airforce runway that's maintained by a small group of miners and homesteaders out in the area now.  And yes, it's uphill after the first 500' or so.  I intended to land a bit long to avoid a long taxi on the rough gravel, but was about 1/2 second from going around when it finally settled in.  I'm still coming to grips with the glide ratio on the Challenger.  I even did a little ridge soaring with it just before the landing, not much, but managed to maintain altituded for a few minutes with the engine idled.  Anyway, since I only cruise at 60mph and only a 2 hour range, this strip was a necessary stop to drain my bladder and transfer a can of fuel into the tank to get me home after exploring the north edge of the Alaska range for a bit.  Also note the smoke haze.  There are a couple fires burning about 40 miles west of here.

Phil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31XrTx2n-4o&feature=channel_video_title

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1417 on: June 01, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »

Before:

And

After:

what happened??

::eek::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 01, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »
I bought it second hand from some one in the club I'm with,  got it home and found out that ALL of the hinges where glued in wrong and the controls where stiff  with no movement so ended up replacing them all with new ones.  but with me I reckon it had way too much movement on the controls, it rolled right corrected with left aileron but it was too low after take off and ended up over correcting, the left tip caught the grass and ended up doing two cart wheels down the field leaving a trail of parts behind it.  At least it flew and went out in style...................it was one of the best crashes with a model I've ever had  ::bow:: ::bow:: |:)\ *sniff*
At least the engine survived and it lives on in a Glen's model Cap 232 will post photos of it soon.

The before photo was taken on a Friday night and the after was taken on Saturday afternoon.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1419 on: June 02, 2011, 12:05:59 AM »
The before photo was taken on a Friday night and the after was taken on Saturday afternoon.

I suspect therein lies the problem---How many "wee drams" did one have on Friday night....?
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 02, 2011, 06:40:55 AM »
not saying  ::whistle:: ::whistle::

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1421 on: June 05, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »
Whoops!  A little bit of a balloon effect on your flare.  Nice recovery from it.   |:)\

RC

Ah, ya noticed that...  :P

Also, you can tell when I applied full power on takeoff. It's when the camera fell off the glareshield. Whups.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1422 on: June 07, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
Aww, poor puppy :( Technically though it's still a good landing (you can walk away from it :D).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1423 on: June 07, 2011, 06:45:28 PM »

RC

Ah, ya noticed that...  :P

Also, you can tell when I applied full power on takeoff. It's when the camera fell off the glareshield. Whups.

yeah you can really feel those G-forces and the power of the roaring O-320 in those C-172's . . .  heh heh (jk)   ;D ;)

looked like a nice landing to me though....btw
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #1424 on: June 10, 2011, 03:12:28 AM »
So, its time for an update. I've been around the block some since I last posted anything. lets see... last semester I got to fly and solo on a T-52 (USAF Diamond DA-40), so I can add that to my list of planes flown.

I also had my name on a plane!

Then I started my last semester of undergrad stuff by briefing my research on a regional competition and got second place

And then I got some other trips, got to go to the Navy International Ball at Annapolis

and then I went to Wright Patterson AFB to brief some more guys and stop by the USAF museum

And then, finally, a month ago, I got to graduate as an officer

and of course, I had to celebrate

So now I have a bit more time for a while, since I show up next week at the Guatemalan Air Force where I get to "learn" how to be an officer all over again for the third time, and I'll be at the Guatemalan military academy for 6 months while I do this (without getting paid for those 6 months mind you), and then hopefully learn how to be a military pilot while I try to get my civilian ticket and fly on the weekends as much as I can on my savings... all in all, life's about to get interesting, but hopefully it won't be as hectic as the undergrad student's life I just finished...
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.