Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768047 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #1365 on: June 23, 2010, 02:16:37 PM »
HAHAHAHA, I'm laughing out loud as I'm typing this! Oh thanks for the laugh, that was so great, I knew I could count on you! I totally didn't think of mind-control! I guess it's those big cut-backs so they can't afford to send up satellites anymore for the thought-rays  ::rofl:: ::bow::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1366 on: June 27, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
Seriously though, any idea what that thing under the helicopter really was?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1367 on: June 27, 2010, 04:49:46 PM »
Seriously though, any idea what that thing under the helicopter really was?

Frank

Although it does not look like your typical magnetometer, it would be my guess that it has something to do with geological survey of some sort....

Here is a typical magnetometer:

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 27, 2010, 06:15:22 PM »
It's net to catch really really BIG Butterflies  ;) ::silly:: :P
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1369 on: June 27, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »
About a month ago I went to the GADNA week. GADNA is an acronym for "Hebrew Teen Battalions". It's basically a week in the army where they teach you and show you how it's like in the army. We slept in tents, took times and shot guns, and had a really great time!

Us hanging out in the tent

Passing the time before the shooting range

And this is probably is one of my favourite pictures

This one is from an old field trip I had with my school, it's the leader of a low-flying pair of F-15s... the other one was MUCH lower. I tell you that-you haven't experienced a low-pass until you could feel the heat of the plane's engine!
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1370 on: June 28, 2010, 07:57:57 AM »
cool pics, man!

I can't help but notice how long all your guys's hair is. Having been in the real army I have a feeling it might come off soon.....  ;) ;D

Also, you have to teach me how to get the captions right underneath the picture. Never was able to figure that one out......
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1371 on: June 28, 2010, 02:42:22 PM »
Yeah... mine will come off in the next two months,before getting back to school.
And what do you mean about the captions? I don't see any captions under my pictures...
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline The_Muppet

• Fledgling
    • wildlandphotos
« Reply #1372 on: June 28, 2010, 10:40:15 PM »
Also, you have to teach me how to get the captions right underneath the picture. Never was able to figure that one out......
The trick is to host your photos offsite like on flickr, imageshack, etc. (For instance, 4X-NTY's images are hosted at "sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net" - you could even use your own chickenwings servers)... and then embed them here using img tags like this...
Code: [Select]
[img]http://photohost.com/url/of/image.jpg[/img]
Then you can place text above and below an image vs. just attaching 'em which always puts 'em at the bottom...   

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1373 on: June 29, 2010, 05:42:44 PM »
The trick is to host your photos offsite like on flickr, imageshack, etc. (For instance, 4X-NTY's images are hosted at "sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net" - you could even use your own chickenwings servers)... and then embed them here using img tags like this...
Code: [Select]
[img]http://photohost.com/url/of/image.jpg[/img]
Then you can place text above and below an image vs. just attaching 'em which always puts 'em at the bottom...   

That's way too complicated for this old Rooster!   ::knockedout::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 29, 2010, 06:05:53 PM »
In other words save them in a place like Photobucket import the image from there press the enter button and enter your text underneath, or just leave it above the photo of you want.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Busdriver

• Fledgling
« Reply #1375 on: June 29, 2010, 10:54:08 PM »
A few pictures of my life from the past two years, the first one shows me, altough sitting in a plane I can't fly  ::wave::

Me in an RJ-cockpit

Ferryflight

Visual approach in Kittilä, Finland

Life's good sometimes :-) (Over Austria)

Aletschgletscher, famous glacier in Switzerland

Atmosphere

The ferry almost all of us want to take  ::whistle::

Early morning in LHR

Teaching how to make Latte Macciato, so I'll get one the next time  ::rofl::

Shortly after sunrise

Spring somewhere over Europe

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #1376 on: June 30, 2010, 03:23:15 PM »
Nice pics.

With the tempo Airbus usage is increasing in Slovakia (and specifically on KSC), I am finding my way to kind of like the beast. (we lost the only Boeing on regulars from PRG, and, of course, lost all the Sky Europe regulars, and number of bus on charter business ex-Slovakia went from 0 prior to 2007 and in 2008, through 1 in 2007, 2 in 2009 to 3 this year). Still, I will stay in my heart the Tupolev guy, or so I hope.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1377 on: July 27, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
Here's one you don't see everyday.  This is a Pilatus PC-12NG fitted with a 5-blade composite prop!  It is apparently made by a company called Finnoff.  They claim a 15% reduction in takeoff roll and a 15% increase in climb performance with no penalty in cruise speed.  I'm not sure about those claims, but I can attest that it is very smooth in the cockpit and a good deal less noisy compared to the 4-blade Hamilton Standard.  It is also one heck of an attention getter on the ramp!

RC
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:52:06 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1378 on: July 27, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »
It is also one heck of an attention getter on the ramp!

::thinking:: hmmmm..... must be a stuck-wing thing . . . .
....would have never caught my attention to be honest.  ::sick::

;D ::whistle:: ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 27, 2010, 06:48:36 PM »
ooooooohhhhhhhh thats purdy R/C. Do you think they will go to a multi blade fan type prop?