Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767995 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #1260 on: May 10, 2009, 08:34:05 PM »
G-man, where on earth was that photo taken??  Too funny....    :D

It is the Sully ticker tape parade:

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 10, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »
How many traffic lights and telegraph poles did it take out on its journey?  ;D
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #1262 on: May 11, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »
sure it is! You know one for FS, from CVA design?

That's the one!

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1263 on: May 11, 2009, 09:12:26 PM »
What I'd like to know is where they found a heavy hauling company that had a 12 axle articulating trailer which was the perfect length to fit an A319 fuselage?  You just don't find equipment like that laying around somebody's backyard, ya know.

When you include the tractor tires, this rig had 60 wheels on the ground!!!  Very impressive, but where the heck did this thing come from?

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #1264 on: May 14, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
What I'd like to know is where they found a heavy hauling company that had a 12 axle articulating trailer which was the perfect length to fit an A319 fuselage?  You just don't find equipment like that laying around somebody's backyard, ya know.

When you include the tractor tires, this rig had 60 wheels on the ground!!!  Very impressive, but where the heck did this thing come from?

RC

You ever watch science channel or discovery?  They have lots of shows on like 'build it bigger' for instance where they chronicle all kinds of stuff like this. 

By the way, here is the company that did it:  http://www.jsupor.com/home.html

Looks like they have lots of neat toys.   ::unbelieveable::
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:33:41 PM by undatc »
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1265 on: May 17, 2009, 11:26:19 AM »
Mary: Wow, those mountains sure look beautiful but deadly (there doesn't look be any good spots for landing a plane).

Fabo: You look right at home in that plane 8)

G-Man: Wow, now that's a truck! Looks like it has weight on the boogie, to increase traction? Interesting it only seems to have one set of headlights, usually that models has 4 headlights.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #1266 on: May 17, 2009, 11:54:25 PM »
Fabo: You look right at home in that plane 8)

Thanks, it is actually my non-taildragger light single of choice.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1267 on: May 24, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
I've been into a fly in at a local airport in Kiryat Shemona (LLKS for the simmers among us),it was arranged by the Israeli ultralight association,although there was one Cherokee visiting. there was about 50 ultra lights and it was really beautiful.

This is a Bi-plane ultra light called Spirit,i don't know why,but it had Nasa's logo on it's tail

A line of planes,the closest one is a Texan,the second is Tecnam P-92 Echo,the one with the engine on it's top is Jetfox 97,and the rest are Trikes

A Trike with a very interesting tail number

A P-92 Echo with "El Al" sticker

This is Super Drifter,it got a lot of history,he flew in a rally in egypt around 1991,it has been to Egypt,France and Czech,behind it you can see the terminal,it's such a pitty that this airport is barely used...

i think it's a quicksilver,weird motor...

And,for finish,the trikes with some of the area around the airport

for more pictures,you can visit http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/vv55/Nitay100/ not all of the pictures are up,but i'm working on it!
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1268 on: May 30, 2009, 09:46:09 PM »
For Gibbo (O Crownie Mate!!), since he is IN beautiful Darwin, NT, looking for gainful employment as a dockworker, oops, I mean, bartender, no, no, PILOT!

Here's the few I have of Hector, taken when we were down there.  I thought the coolest thing was how the WWII pilots would use this massive thunderstorm, which still builds in the very same spot, to navigate home from battles to the far north.

|:)\

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #1269 on: May 30, 2009, 09:52:07 PM »
For Gibbo (O Crownie Mate!!), since he is IN beautiful Darwin, NT, looking for gainful employment as a dockworker, oops, I mean, bartender, no, no, PILOT!

;) Male dancer Mom.... i don't like my chances of making a milion$ but meh...it's a living LOL ::drinking::

Kewl Hector shots, if he shows this week i'll post some more
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1270 on: May 30, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »
;) Male dancer Mom.....   it's a living LOL ::drinking::

Awww, I am SO darned proud of my children.........   :-*

:-*

::whistle::

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:44:06 PM by TheSoccerMom »

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1271 on: May 30, 2009, 10:55:57 PM »

;) Male dancer Mom.... i don't like my chances of making a milion$ but meh...it's a living LOL ::drinking::

Hmmmmm...  Try to not leave skid marks on the dollar bills that go in yer thong, Gibbo!   :o ;D >:D ::loony::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #1272 on: May 31, 2009, 02:07:15 AM »

Hmmmmm...  Try to not leave skid marks on the dollar bills that go in yer thong, Gibbo!   :o ;D >:D ::loony::

MMMM no chance of that ... :( they only pay in coin, you just gotta watch that they don't go  ::angel:: ... ummm ..ohhh ...never mind  ::rofl::
Just one of the many hazards encountered  ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:10:02 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 01, 2009, 08:39:18 PM »
Here you go some photos of the field I fly out of: The first one is looking North/North East down onto the strip from the road, The second is looking West from the access gate and the third is of the club shed beside it is where we keep the sit on mower to cut the path and the strip.   As you can see it is pretty tight surrounded by a slope where we hand launch planes, trees and a stream.  Got a couple more might put up later.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1274 on: June 01, 2009, 08:49:34 PM »
It's pretty!

So green...  and a lot prettier than our big concrete and asphalt ramp....    ::sulk::

::sulk::

::whistle::

;)