Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 767959 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #1095 on: September 14, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »
The R.A.F Leuchars airshow was a complete wash out (or should i say grey in) this year and hardly got any photos (except of those from inside of a cloud) don't know if its worth posting them.   :-\ :-\ basically nothing could fly until after 15:00 the cloud was so low, a lot of aircraft never came due to the weather and that meant no BBMF (Battle of Britain Memorial Flight) this year.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1096 on: September 14, 2008, 04:20:23 PM »
The R.A.F Leuchars airshow was a complete wash out (or should i say grey in) this year and hardly got any photos (except of those from inside of a cloud) don't know if its worth posting them.   :-\ :-\ basically nothing could fly until after 15:00 the cloud was so low, a lot of aircraft never came due to the weather and that meant no BBMF (Battle of Britain Memorial Flight) this year.

Ahhh the joys of living in the land of rain--when will they learn to have airshows in the summer?? When was summer in Scotland this year? I heard it was July 17th..  ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 14, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »
You're wrong G-man Spring missed out Summer and went straight into Autumn this year  :-\
      The only good thing that happened was that I bought a 1:72 scale model of a Vulcan made by Airfix and it is BIG, hard choice can make 1 out of 4 diffrent squadrons or could  convert the transfers for XM597 out at East Fortune. Its claim to fame was that it landed at Rio de Janeiro with a live Shirke AGM-54 on the rails after a malfunction during a raid on the falkland isles in 1982.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:05:56 PM by Oddball »
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1098 on: September 14, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »
You're wrong G-man Spring missed out Summer and went straight into Autumn this year  :-\
So much for Global Warming.   ::)
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1099 on: September 14, 2008, 05:03:55 PM »
Ahhh well there is always next year...

Here is a pic of the G-kid I took back in 01. There is a story behind it---She had just flown out to spend the summer with me, had been up for many hours due to the time change but refused to go to bed, fell asleep on the couch. I e-mailed the pic to her mother, grandmother, friends etc.. NO-ONE is safe around my camera ::whistle:: ::whistle:: I feel an ass kicking coming from her next time I see her..

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1100 on: September 14, 2008, 05:13:43 PM »
Dang Gordy, you're cruel!!!   :o
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #1101 on: September 15, 2008, 03:44:01 AM »
EGADS MAN---83 bucks for 6 dollar bottle Inglenook Chardonney and an 9 dollar bottle of Gordons Gin ::eek:: 

That alone is terrible---the fault is yours for not teaching the kid how to shop for booze >:(

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1102 on: September 15, 2008, 04:45:55 AM »
EGADS MAN---83 bucks for 6 dollar bottle Inglenook Chardonney and an 9 dollar bottle of Gordons Gin ::eek:: 

That alone is terrible---the fault is yours for not teaching the kid how to shop for booze >:(

You ain't never lived in Hawaii huh?? Also, there is the bottle of Chopin that I was drinking that is not in the picture..  ::drinking:: ::drinking::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 24, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »
you may or may not know Ive been away for a while down in London (small village some where in Englandshire) mainly for a meeting with the veterans association I'm a associate member of.  While there i did the tourist stuff mailny went to the R.A.F Museum at Hendon, the Imperial War Museum and HMS Belfast which is also looked after by the IWM.  Took so many photos that its taking me awhile to sort them all out so they will be posted here soon.

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #1104 on: September 24, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »
you may or may not know Ive been away for a while down in London (small village some where in Englandshire) mainly for a meeting with the veterans association I'm a associate member of.  While there i did the tourist stuff mailny went to the R.A.F Museum at Hendon, the Imperial War Museum and HMS Belfast which is also looked after by the IWM.  Took so many photos that its taking me awhile to sort them all out so they will be posted here soon.

How was Hendon?  I've been to Cosford but never Hendon.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 25, 2008, 06:42:41 AM »
Been to Hendon practicly hundreds of times its unbelivable ill post some of the pics soon but hopefully before the end of the week.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #1106 on: September 28, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »
Saw this sign awhile back. I just found it funny!!  ;D ;D
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 29, 2008, 03:47:49 PM »
You mean that pet shop are selling some of us Brits there?!?!?!  ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::loony::

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #1108 on: September 29, 2008, 07:28:36 PM »

a plane that i have failed to identify (help me on this one) taxiing after a rough landing (very rough)

the same plane after shutdown, all of those people went out of this on,and there's still one in there

To my ignorance on plane types, it seems like a Piper PA-26 Warrior:

or could be a Piper six...this info is from Wikipedia:

PA-28-235
Piper continued to expand the line rapidly. In 1963, the company introduced the even more powerful Cherokee 235 (PA-28-235), which competed favorably with the Cessna 182 for load-carrying capability. The Cherokee 235 featured a Lycoming O-540 engine derated to 235 horsepower (175 kW) and a longer wing which would eventually be used for the upcoming Cherokee Six. It included tip tanks having 17 gallon capacity each, bringing the total fuel capacity of the Cherokee 235 to 84 gallons.[1] The aircraft had its fuselage stretched in 1973 giving much more leg room in the rear. The stabilator area was increased as well. In 1973 the name was changed from "235" to the Charger. In 1974 it was changed again to Pathfinder. Production of the Pathfinder continued until 1977. There was no 1978 model year. In 1979 the aircraft was given the Piper tapered wing and was again renamed to the Dakota.[citation needed]

PA-28-140 Cherokee 140
 PA-28-140, built 1966In 1964, the company filled in the bottom end of the line with the Cherokee 140 (PA-28-140), which was designed for training and initially shipped with only two seats.[1] One source of confusion is the fact that the PA-28-140 engine was slightly modified shortly after its introduction to produce 150 horsepower (112 kW), but kept the -140 name.

PA-32
Main article: Piper Cherokee Six
In 1965, Piper developed the Piper Cherokee Six, designated the PA-32 from the PA-28. It which featured a stretched fuselage and seating for one pilot and five passengers.

...Piper changed their names afterwards, adding to the confussion of Confussious ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

...In 1974, Piper changed the names again, renaming the Cruiser 2+2 (140) to simply Cruiser, the Challenger to Archer (PA-28-181), and the Charger (235) to Pathfinder.[9]

PA-28-151 Cherokee Warrior
Piper reintroduced the Cherokee 150 in 1974, renaming it the Cherokee Warrior (PA-28-151) and giving it the Archer's stretched body and a new, semi-tapered wing.  ::wave::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1109 on: September 30, 2008, 04:35:40 AM »
You mean that pet shop are selling some of us Brits there?!?!?!  ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::loony::
Hahaha, ah Poms, now I see it, although what I found interesting was what looked like a unfourtunate spelling-error on the name to the left of Poms! I hope it comes with a free pooper-scooper :D

DonYan: I'm not very good at identifying Pipers but it looks like you found the right one, the brochure picture you posted just seems like a newer version but otherwise basically the same one. I hope no-one was hurt at the landing however it does seem a bit extreme to have that many people in that plane but since I'm not very knowledgable about Pipers then I don't know how many seats that model has.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci