Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 768105 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #1005 on: May 18, 2008, 03:09:33 AM »
After a hectic week of training, the jumpers got to jump for their family members on "Family Day"...  this was begun so the public could actually SEE what the jumps entail.  Moms, dads, aunts, uncles, kids, dogs, you name it, all trekked up into the woods to watch 4 loads of jumpers come in.  Since I was the #2 airplane, I got to tag along also....  it was fun!  They all did well, the families loved it, and I was "adopted" by about 35 new sets of parents.   ;D

Here are a couple of the jump spot, with canopies inbound....

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1006 on: May 18, 2008, 03:14:54 AM »
After a hectic week of training, the jumpers got to jump for their family members on "Family Day"... 
Here are a couple of the jump spot, with canopies inbound....

Coool--Inotice your pictures are named "bear run"--I assume that was a spelling mistake--mistaking an "a" for an "e".  ::drinking:: ::drinking::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1007 on: May 18, 2008, 03:28:22 AM »
Haa haa, well it was suddenly SUMMER in this neck of the woods....  94 here today and things are drying out fast. 

If the creek had been a bit bigger, no doubt SOMEONE would have jumped in....  for a Bare Run...    ::whistle::

::whistle::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1008 on: May 18, 2008, 03:37:37 AM »
Haa haa, well it was suddenly SUMMER in this neck of the woods....  94 here today and things are drying out fast. 

If the creek had been a bit bigger, no doubt SOMEONE would have jumped in....  for a Bare Run...    ::whistle::

::whistle::

There ya go on the whole "neked" thing again--and I was thinking the whole "beer" thing  ::drinking:: ::drinking::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #1009 on: May 18, 2008, 03:41:48 AM »
WOW "drinking from a firehose" is right---A guy could get lost in that stuff ::sweat::

And I did! Needed a couple of hours to stop my head from spinning before I climbed in my Arrow and headed home. Here's a quick item I put together for a newsletter about one particular letter I found in the stuff I looked at:

Last week I had the pleasure of digging through material at EAA’s archives on Steve Wittman, beginning research for the biography I have the honor of writing about him. I got a chuckle out of one item in particular.

Steve’s first race airplane was Chief Oshkosh, which he flew in races during the 1930s. He won or placed in many of these events and both he and the airplane became well known. Unfortunately Chief Oshkosh was significantly damaged after a forced landing during one race. Steve eventually rebuilt it, but by the time he was done with the work he had made so many modifications that he felt it wasn’t the same airplane, and renamed it Buster. Buster went on to have a distinguished racing career in its own right before being retired.

In 1953 Steve donated Buster (formerly Chief Oshkosh) to the Smithsonian Institute. This event was well-publicized, and Steve received complementary letters from many local residents and businesses. The Oshkosh Brewing Company, makers of infamous “Chief Oshkosh Beer,” sent Steve a note congratulating him on his racing achievements and the honor of having the plane displayed in a national museum. After two paragraphs of overdone flowery complements, the company wrote “In order to cement more closely, the honor that will come to the City of Oshkosh through your action, may we suggest that the name of your plane be changed back to its former ‘CHIEF OSHKOSH’ name? We feel that this name is more representative than its present name, and would bring a greater sense of prestige to all of the people in this City.”

Not to mention a free advertising campaign for the company’s product! The more that things change…
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1010 on: May 18, 2008, 04:10:46 AM »
There ya go on the whole "neked" thing again--and I was thinking the whole "beer" thing  ::drinking:: ::drinking::

Tee heee!!   ::rofl::

Well, BOTH were discussed with increasing longing as the sun bore down on us all, melting there in the heat....  actually, no one thought about the "nekked" thing until they spied the dogs leaping in the creek and jumping back out, all refreshed.....  but it wasn't deep enough for humans...

Maybe that's a good thing...??    ::whistle::

airtac

« Reply #1011 on: May 18, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »
NEKID NEKID NEKID !!! ::unbelieveable::

You people have a monorail mind-----------It's difficult to maintain the high standards of intelectual posts with all your immoral posting ::complaining:

How about some pictures? ::whistle::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 18, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »
intellectual posts in here? I'm sure most of our brain cells have rotten away from too much Jet A1 or Av gas. i know mine have thanks to a lecturer giving us the stuff to sniff oh happy days   ;D
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1013 on: May 18, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »
Airtac was having trouble posting the pic of him and Chuckar101, so here it is:

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1014 on: May 18, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »
Hey, great picture!!!!!!!!

:D

;)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1015 on: May 18, 2008, 10:40:12 PM »
Hey, great picture!!!!!!!!

;)

Now I wonder who flew home?? ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::whistle:: ::whistle::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1016 on: May 18, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »
I think they're smack in the middle of a GOOD flying story right there!!   ;)

airtac

« Reply #1017 on: May 19, 2008, 12:02:05 AM »
Thanks Gordy, you wouldn't believe what I went through trying to get that d**n picture on there in less than billboard size ::complaining: ::loony::  --I gess sum uf us is not be cumputer literit............

Anyway, had a great visit with Chuckar--at the moment the picture was taken we were hitting 500 lies per hour with gusts up to a thousand >:D   Gotta tell ya, he's a freight dog of the first order----he was even able to eat my homemade BBQ shishkabob and go back for seconds ::unbelieveable::

I feel ashamed that he was wearing his CW tee shirt and mine was in the laundry--- >:(

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1018 on: May 19, 2008, 01:35:22 AM »
intellectual posts in here? I'm sure most of our brain cells have rotten away from too much Jet A1 or Av gas. i know mine have thanks to a lecturer giving us the stuff to sniff oh happy days   ;D

Speak for yerself, Oddball.  Most of my brain cells rotted away courtesy of da brewskis!   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #1019 on: May 19, 2008, 03:29:54 AM »
Airtac was having trouble posting the pic of him and Chuckar101, so here it is:

Hey nice shot, nice shirt chuckar!!!  Nicely posed to show yer BIG watches too  ::rofl::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww