Author Topic: AR firefighter shot and killed responding to a medical call  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
AR firefighter shot and killed responding to a medical call
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:39:33 PM »
http://www.ems1.com/fatal-incidents/articles/52653048-Ark-firefighter-shot-killed-on-EMS-call/

PULASKI COUNTY, Ark. — A volunteer firefighter was shot and killed Friday morning while responding to a medical call.

KATV reported that East Pulaski Volunteer Fire Department Lt. Jason Adams, 29, was responding to a medical emergency call at the house of Greg Pruitt after his wife called 911.

Pruitt was suffering from a seizure when he came out of it and allegedly thought Adams as an intruder. He then shot and killed Adams, who was reportedly standing in the doorway of his bedroom. Firefighter Adams was taken to a hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Adams, who lives about a half-mile away from the home, was a five-year member of the Sherwood Fire Department but was responding as an East Pulaski member.

Authorities are still investigating and processing the scene. There’s no word yet on charges to be filed.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"