Author Topic: What's this button for?  (Read 6985 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
What's this button for?
« on: May 07, 2012, 06:14:55 AM »
Mike, don't feel bad about this.  I've been flying the PC-12 for eight years now, and there's one button on the yoke that I have NEVER figured out what it is for!!!  Apparently it is an extra switch, or it is for a system that is never installed on planes intended for the US Market (bombs away?  guns?).

Once upon a time, someone told me what that switch was intended for, but I forgot it and now I have no clue.  Since I never have used it, it gets ignored.  Is there anyone in the forum who could help enlighten me?  Hehe.

Another great strip, guys!   |:)\ ::bow::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: What's this button for?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »
James Bond style ejection seat if you ever get caught by Ernst Goldfinger goons? lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:29 PM »
Ha, yeah!

Some of the cyclics on the old Hueys but also the AStars have all kinds of extra buttons we don't use.
I'm sure some are for guns and rockets....
(I'd like to have at least a few rockets....got a couple of targets)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:18 AM »
Wasn't there a Spy vs. Spy cartoon about a helicopter ejection seat?  ;D

But yes, a bombs away button would be nice sometimes, also for my car!  ::rambo::

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 01:25:40 PM »
Ha, yeah!

Some of the cyclics on the old Hueys but also the AStars have all kinds of extra buttons we don't use.

Well soiunds like a good project for you Mike.  Use an unused button and mount that old AR of yours.  Might need a bigger clip though.
WOW I did that!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
Ha, yeah!

Well soiunds like a good project for you Mike.  Use an unused button and mount that old AR of yours.  Might need a bigger clip though.

It'd be cool to have some sort of a set of mini-incindiary rockets to start backfires or burn off little pockets ...
 ::whistle:: ::cowboy::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline DDchikenz

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 04:31:45 PM »
Omg thats like the button from that one cartoon thats red and says don't press it. Maybe it was Dexters laboratory or something like that haha :D ;D |:)\

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 03:04:26 AM »
Mike, don't feel bad about this.  I've been flying the PC-12 for eight years now, and there's one button on the yoke that I have NEVER figured out what it is for!!!  Apparently it is an extra switch, or it is for a system that is never installed on planes intended for the US Market (bombs away?  guns?).

Once upon a time, someone told me what that switch was intended for, but I forgot it and now I have no clue.  Since I never have used it, it gets ignored.  Is there anyone in the forum who could help enlighten me?  Hehe.

Another great strip, guys!   |:)\ ::bow::

RC

First thing that comes to mind is autopilot "sync" button for the flight director when hand flying.  Another button sometimes on yokes is for the transponder ident function.   
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"