Author Topic: anyone been to cheraw, S.C.?  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
anyone been to cheraw, S.C.?
« on: December 02, 2005, 01:47:15 PM »
i'm taking a buddy pass to Columbia, S.C. then hitching a ride to Cheraw tonight to ferry back a C-152 to Houston. eeesh. it's going to be a long day. IF i could do it non-stop, which obviously i can't, duats says 10-1/2hrs. i'm willing to bet 2 fuel stops and 12-13 hours.
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: anyone been to cheraw, S.C.?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 05:32:50 AM »
wow, that seems like a long trip!
did you bring your gatorade bottle?

I once ferried a Helicopter from Miami to LA. Coast to Coast!
Took three days, and I think I spent a whole day just trying to cross Texas. What a huge state!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 03:41:27 AM »
I sure would like to be flying a 152 eastbound instead of west...  ::)
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 07:18:48 PM »
east bound would've been MUCH better. my g/s was 70kts if i was lucky. the trip took 12.9 hours on the hobbs. and to start off with, you know it's going to be a long day when you have to hand prop a plane by yourself at 5:45am est. and it's colder than sh*t!. i had to push the plane from the fuel tank area to the tiedowns so i could tie up the tail. luckily though it only took 1-1/2 tries to get it running. when i had moved the plane the night before it barely started then so at least i was able to run it a little before the next morning. then on take off the flaps stuck in the down position due to a faulty switch(?) i was able to retract them after take-off but i thought i was going to have to make the trip with about 20% flaps. now from what i understand, mike, my weekend boss is trying to aquire a piper dakota somewhere down south of miami.
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 07:24:32 PM »
wow, that seems like a long trip!
did you bring your gatorade bottle?

I once ferried a Helicopter from Miami to LA. Coast to Coast!
Took three days, and I think I spent a whole day just trying to cross Texas. What a huge state!

nah, i forgot the bottle but no worries there. if i had to land it wouldn't be a big deal b/c i wasn't working helo-relay. i thought about it though!

yeah, Tx. is a biggun! i've had three charters to El Paso before and that was a long day. 10 - 12 hours round trip in a pa-28r-200

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 05:07:44 AM »
Dang and I still get worried about my little hour cross country to lovelock.  Man I have a long ways to go.
WOW I did that!