Author Topic: And you doubted me...  (Read 18235 times)

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
Re: And you doubted me...
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 12:52:22 AM »
Yeah I knew you were joking, jut trying to give Frank a more well rounded idea of Nevada.  Not sure about the motel manager haven't been there for awhile.  And don't get me wrong I agree with several of your views of Nevada and have several ideas of Cali that are probably just as skewed, so joke away.
WOW I did that!

fireflyr

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 05:48:59 AM »
Hey UNDATC, you gettin' cabin fever?
If you're pretty snowed in maybe we at CW could organize an airdrop of essentials.  What the hell, Guard "choppers" (hi mike ::complaining:) are bombarding cattle with hay bales of hay.    We'll gather together all the things needed to sustain life and paradrop them.   I do have a couple of questions though  (1) What preferred hair color..     (2) Is vodka OK?    (3) do you need anything else?
Let us know about your schedule............ 8)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 02:33:56 PM »
LOL Chicken Wings rescue flight! Well we do definately have the men and women for such a mission, including ATC's |:)\

Btw yes -46F is pretty close to -46C, -43C according to my conversion, brrrrrrr!
One of the Blue Collar Comics said windchill was a joke and possibly something made for smokers lol. But it should work for others things too, like speed: Cop: Did you know I clocked you doing 80? Him: Yes but it only felt like I was 55 LOL

I hope at least the buildings there are a lot better constructed and designed than here. We got no insulation, gaps everywhere, drafts etc. etc. and that's compared to an old brick house I grew up in built in the 60s and this is a lot newer.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »
Cop: Did you know I clocked you doing 80? Him: Yes but it only felt like I was 55 LOL

Frank

HAHAA--I just posted something to Mary about "truth in humor"---
AndI gotta tell you, my wife did exactly that a few weeks ago---cop stopped her for 80 plus and she convinced him that because it was a brand new truck and  ran so smooth that she thought her speed was about 70 .......he let her off :P
Of course, some tears helped too :'(      WOMEN!!!!     If I had been driving, it would have been different (I can't cry in front of a cop, I'd rather take the ticket)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 07:20:56 PM »
Some guys in our apartment building in Fargo did that.  Except their heat wasn't broken.  The window froze open, then they left for 3 days without telling anyone.  The resident manager had quite a mess to clean up after the pipes burst.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 06:12:22 AM »
-15F, Not to bad.  I quit walking the dog at -40 here.   ::loony::

Phil

Well did you see what it was with wind chill? -46  ::unbelieveable::

Yeah, not to bad.  You can get out of the wind, and your car and plane don't notice the wind chill.  Engine oil is about the consitency of peanut butter at -40 static.  Any time you want to experience a real winter come on up boy.   ::wave::

Just kidding, you can have the wind, I'll cold and dead calm myself.

Phil

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 08:18:11 PM »
3 or 4 years ago, GFK had a wind chill of -70F and Kupchella (the presidential dickhead) wouldn't cancel classes.  His reasoning was that if classes were canceled, students would just play outside anyway.  Student health had a record number of frost bite cases that day.  Dumb ass.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »
The way I understand it, the aerospace foundation keeps everything.  The only thing that goes to the campus is tuition.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 10:16:50 PM »
Yeah I had Bartleson for my one ATC course.  Awesome guy.

Well, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.   ::banghead::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 01:23:51 AM »
Soo...  be honest, now.

When you guys get home after a long day of controlling, and you warm up leftovers for supper, do you use a RADARange?????     ::whistle::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 02:13:41 AM »
Ha ha, sounds like cooking I could actually handle.   ;D

I'm a bit famous for my culinary ineptitude.  At work, when we're standing by, they pretty much restrict my access to the BBQ grill so I won't hurt myself.   :D   

Gimme a radar, though....  YEAH!!   ;D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 06:44:09 AM »
Got to about 30 degrees (and yes, above zero) today.  Had to open up the winter front on my truck so it wouldn't overheat....

With no wind and all, I think it feels better than 50-60 degrees in GA.  ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 07:29:13 AM »

I read that Nevada has no income tax and it's listed as having some of the nicer roads to drive on (not much traffic etc.), I wonder how the pilot work is there, it can't be that bad since Mike moved there, unless of course he's changing careers hehe. I wonder how the weather is there though but I'll take a look at some internet sites and see what I can find. I also think it was Nevada that had a really cool aviation licenseplate for cars, and of course Nevada is practically my middlename, if you add an a at the end that is.

Frank

I know I am coming in late on this thread, but let me comment on this for a second Frank:

Yes, if you like to do 70mph on a road that never even seems to have a single bend in it for over 30 miles but drive 2 miles below the speed limit in every little town (which is always 30mph or less) then Nevada is your state my friend !!!  ;D

If you like your girls without teeth, . . . then Nevada is your state !!

If you like 120 degrees (close to 50 Celsius) during the day, cooling down to almost freezing and sometimes below at night, .... then Nevada is your state!!

...nevermind the income taxes.....  :-X

The helicopter work there is awesome !!
Imagine a whole state with only two paved roads !! It's helicopter country !!!   ::wave::  YAY!!!

Oh!
And Mike moved there  . . .   because of his woman! (surprised?!)
(after all, Chuck is mainly based on my own life)
not my first choice I gotta say!!

But like Mary said.... "it grows on you!"   ::)   ::)  ::whistle::  ::silly::

(btw.... since my income comes from CA, I still have to pay their income taxes anyways.... but I am saving a little on the Chicken Wings side. . . .)

Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 07:51:34 AM »
Yeah well I'm never going to find out. For just a few months ago I found a price of 5600 DKK for a round-trip ticket from Cph to SF and now I can't even get half of a one-way ticket for that money, so any trip anywhere is postponed indefinately because I simply can't afford that anytime soon. It'll take me 2 years to save up the money for the ticket now, and rental car and hotelroom and that's too long to save every penny when I live under these conditions even when it's to get me out of this situation :(

Frank
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 07:55:27 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2007, 08:02:53 AM »
Frank, airline ticket prices vary by time of year.  If you want cheaper tickets, you have to fly at the times of the year when they don't fill as many seats.  I'll bet a few months ago this might have been the case.  You may find there is a cycle to airline ticket prices.  Don't freak out based on the peaks... just look to buy in the valley...
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"