Author Topic: What pilot jobs require a pilot uniform or flight helmet?  (Read 26519 times)

Offline RagDragger

• Fledgling
  • Indian Name: Running Tab
Re: What pilot jobs require a pilot uniform or flight helmet?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 03:53:49 PM »
Sorry for bringing one back from the dead.  Some of the banner guys I know wear the cloth or leather flying helmets, mostly to keep their headsets on when they look back for the banner.  (There's no door on our super cubs.)  One guy wears a helicopter type helmet, probably to protect his head in the event of a crash/ditch.  There's really no uniform.  They gave us company t-shirts, but even those aren't required to be worn. 
God looks out for drunks and dumb animals.  Fortunately, I qualify on both counts.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 04:51:12 PM »
That's fine, it's exactly what I wanted to know so thank you for your information ::wave::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 07:56:41 PM »
Geez, leather helmets--you HAVE to get a white scarf ::rofl::

Fun way to fly though |:)\

Offline RagDragger

• Fledgling
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 11:34:35 PM »
Once I make a bit more money (gotta wait on that paycheck to get through) I'll probably get the helmet, just makes things a bit easier.  The scarf?  Maybe just for the hell of it, and to convince my fellow pilots, that yes, I've finally gone off the deep end!
God looks out for drunks and dumb animals.  Fortunately, I qualify on both counts.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 11:43:27 PM »
Once I make a bit more money (gotta wait on that paycheck to get through) I'll probably get the helmet, just makes things a bit easier.  The scarf?  Maybe just for the hell of it, and to convince my fellow pilots, that yes, I've finally gone off the deep end!
Hahahaha, oh dude you definately fit in well in this crowd! Don't forget to buy a gigantic watch with more functions than your whole aircraft while you're at it  ::rofl:: |:)\ ::wave::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 02:46:59 AM »
Hahahaha, oh dude you definately fit in well in this crowd! Don't forget to buy a gigantic watch with more functions than your whole aircraft while you're at it

Flying a J-3 Cub... That Ain't too hard, Having a second hand and the date ought to do it  ::rofl::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 04:42:24 AM »
When I was Chief Pilot for a Part 135 Commuter Airline, flight crews were required to wear the standard white shirts, ties and epaulettes.  Today, my corporate job is at an agribusiness company, and the dress code is much more relaxed.  There are times where I will go tramping out in the lettuce fields with the boss, so my standard uniform is Blue Jeans, sneakers, and either a button down or a polo shirt with the company logo on it.  I wish I could get away with shorts, as it does get very hot around here in July, but it wouldn't look professional in the boss' eye.
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 02:06:38 PM »
When I was Chief Pilot for a Part 135 Commuter Airline, flight crews were required to wear the standard white shirts, ties and epaulettes.  Today, my corporate job is at an agribusiness company, and the dress code is much more relaxed.  There are times where I will go tramping out in the lettuce fields with the boss, so my standard uniform is Blue Jeans, sneakers, and either a button down or a polo shirt with the company logo on it.  I wish I could get away with shorts, as it does get very hot around here in July, but it wouldn't look professional in the boss' eye.

get a company logo printed on shorts. This may convince him enough. Or amybe a tatoo?  ;D

airtac

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »

get a company logo printed on shorts. This may convince him enough. Or amybe a tatoo?  ;D
I have pilots wings tattooed on my left calf  (yes, I was drunk) ---that might work for you--tell him it's a pro pilot thing.   Just don't be like a tanker pilot I know that wears cowboy boots with shorts  ::eek::

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 01:22:04 AM »

I have pilots wings tattooed on my left calf  (yes, I was drunk) ---that might work for you--tell him it's a pro pilot thing.   Just don't be like a tanker pilot I know that wears cowboy boots with shorts  ::eek::

Oh, good Lord!!! :o :o :o ::banghead::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 03:03:18 AM »

I dont care what they say about you---you're alright in my books.. Are you sure you're not a helicopter pilot in disguise.... ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

airtac

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 04:41:41 AM »

I dont care what they say about you---you're alright in my books.. Are you sure you're not a helicopter pilot in disguise.... ::whistle::
You make me laugh Gman---

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2007, 09:36:13 PM »
I have pilots wings tattooed on my left calf  (yes, I was drunk) ---that might work for you--tell him it's a pro pilot thing. 

But, what about all your other cattle?  Don't they feel left out?   ???

Pilots' wings, hey?  Wow, that is pretty silly......    :D          ;)               :)               ;D               ::drinking::                  ::whistle::              ::rofl::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

airtac

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2007, 04:42:48 AM »
That ain't all where the sun don't shine ::unbelieveable::

Offline RagDragger

• Fledgling
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2007, 02:30:27 AM »
S'mom, I think he may have your name tattooed on there somewhere.