Author Topic: Surprise!!!  (Read 42936 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Surprise!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »
Jim, it's hard to think of a pithy comeback when you don't post anything.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »
Jim, it's hard to think of a pithy comeback when you don't post anything.

Thatth ok, she does enough pithing for both of ya.  8)

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2007, 09:11:41 PM »
Great picture.  It didn't load before, so I thought you just posted a blank message.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2007, 10:16:03 PM »
OMG! She's growing fast! Great pic! Hello Lil Zoe!  ::wave::
Keep 'em coming Velo!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

airtac

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2007, 08:41:17 PM »
Never mind the pithy comebacks----I been gone fer a while, looks like Zoe is growing to more than chicken winglet size and is doing very well (just look at them BIG brown eyes) on what Mama is providing for nourishment.   I'm glad things are peachy.

Saw Eric's humor here too---how's things Baudet these days Erik---doing any flying?   If you're cold just remember the skeeters don't arrive till after spring thaw.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2007, 09:25:35 PM »
She DOES have the biggest eyes, almost as if you could fall into them!  Very glad all is fine with all of you!!!    ;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2007, 05:49:33 PM »
Zoe's reached about 6.5 lbs (about 3kg) and is hale 'n hearty. She's letting me know how well her lungs work right now, and telling me it's about lunchtime. Gotta go see to that.  :)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2007, 06:21:57 PM »
Zoe's reached about 6.5 lbs (about 3kg) and is hale 'n hearty. She's letting me know how well her lungs work right now, and telling me it's about lunchtime. Gotta go see to that.  :)

She wants lunch what... 12 times a day?  ;)

:D
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »
Never mind the pithy comebacks----I been gone fer a while, looks like Zoe is growing to more than chicken winglet size and is doing very well (just look at them BIG brown eyes) on what Mama is providing for nourishment.   I'm glad things are peachy.

Saw Eric's humor here too---how's things Baudet these days Erik---doing any flying?   If you're cold just remember the skeeters don't arrive till after spring thaw.

Had some days in Jan. and Feb. that were cold enough to suspend flight operations.  I've been doing some flying with students and a smattering of photography ops for the locals.  One of my students has to quit for 3 months because he's opening his lodge for the summer next month and needs to stay up there constantly. 

I apparently waited too long to talk to the guy with the fire contract, so I'll only be a back-up for the Baudette route this year.  I'm not sure how he'll justify paying someone else to fly back and forth from Park Rapids every day, when he could just base the plane here and have me fly it.  It's an extra hour each way in a 172.   ::loony:: 

The lake is starting to open up.  Someone put a 3/4 ton pickup through the ice the other day (in only 6 feet of water) on Four-Mile Bay.  The river is starting to thaw, as well -- we had 4 feet of ice on it after that cold snap.  It's open shore to shore up river from the airport about 10 miles.  Won't take long for the rest to break up.  The fishing is picking up again as the walleye move back towards the lake.  Mosquito season will soon be upon us.

How's foggy N. Cali?

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »
Had some days in Jan. and Feb. that were cold enough to suspend flight operations.  I've been doing some flying with students and a smattering of photography ops for the locals.  One of my students has to quit for 3 months because he's opening his lodge for the summer next month and needs to stay up there constantly. 

I apparently waited too long to talk to the guy with the fire contract, so I'll only be a back-up for the Baudette route this year.  I'm not sure how he'll justify paying someone else to fly back and forth from Park Rapids every day, when he could just base the plane here and have me fly it.  It's an extra hour each way in a 172.   ::loony:: 

The lake is starting to open up.  Someone put a 3/4 ton pickup through the ice the other day (in only 6 feet of water) on Four-Mile Bay.  The river is starting to thaw, as well -- we had 4 feet of ice on it after that cold snap.  It's open shore to shore up river from the airport about 10 miles.  Won't take long for the rest to break up.  The fishing is picking up again as the walleye move back towards the lake.  Mosquito season will soon be upon us.

How's foggy N. Cali?

Dunno if you've been into the forks lately, but the Red is already breaking up too.  Where it splits under the 4th ave bridge, there is a pretty good ice dam there.  Should be an interesting spring.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »
Haven't been there in a few months, but our cable comes out of Fargo, so we get all the ND news that I pretty much don't pay attention to because I don't live there.  This area of the state is like the bastard child that no one pays attention to until something really bad happens.  But, we have great tourist destinations.

What are they saying about flooding this year in GFK?

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2007, 04:44:25 PM »
Haven't been there in a few months, but our cable comes out of Fargo, so we get all the ND news that I pretty much don't pay attention to because I don't live there.  This area of the state is like the bastard child that no one pays attention to until something really bad happens.  But, we have great tourist destinations.

What are they saying about flooding this year in GFK?

Right now they are saying, that because of the new dikes, we shouldn't experience anything.  Who knows in reality.  Currently its predicted to crest at 28 or so feet on Thursday, so thats only minor flooding i think.

Tourist destinations eh?   I may have to hop on my new toy and ride out there to check some out.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2007, 04:51:17 PM »
Did you get a bike? 

Come on up.  Hope you like to fish.  If not, we have a very nice state park, a few good eateries (mostly at the resorts), and an awesome airport.   ;)

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »
Did you get a bike? 

Come on up.  Hope you like to fish.  If not, we have a very nice state park, a few good eateries (mostly at the resorts), and an awesome airport.   ;)

Yea, just bought it friday  ;D

Figured since I wont be flying anytime soon, Ill just "fly low"

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »

When do you suspend operations?

We cease piston engine ops at -40.   Theoretically turbine ops stop for us at -50, but there's no published limit for the 1900 and it's not in our GOM so they don't have to stop if they don't want to.  The colder it gets the more l ikely a captain is to want to do a single engine turn... leaving the f/o (me!) in the prop wash at the back of the airplane unloading by myself while he guards the controls in the heated cabin.   The idea being worry that the battery might get weak enough sitting for 5 minutes or so at those temps that we could be stuck in the bush
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"