Author Topic: Surprise!!!  (Read 42772 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Surprise!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 08:58:21 PM »
Hey Jim!

How is little Zoe doing? Any news? And is Mrs. Velo already back home? We're still keeping our fingers crossed for all of you!!

It's hard to type with your fingers crossed, you know.   ;)
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »
Mrs Velo is home, and doing better. It's more of a challenge keeping her down now, as she's naturally quite the busy type.
Zoe is also doing well, up to 3lbs 4oz as of two days ago, though she'll stay in the hospital until she gains a bit more and becomes
comfortable with the bottle.
Thanks for the good thoughts, folks.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:45:53 PM »
That's good news!! I'm happy to hear that!! :) :)

It's hard to type with your fingers crossed, you know. ;)

Hehe, it barely makes a difference when you're using the so called "eagle technique" (circling with you finger above the keyboard until you find the right key and then strike).  ;D

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 07:59:48 PM »
That's good news!! I'm happy to hear that!! :) :)

It's hard to type with your fingers crossed, you know. ;)

Hehe, it barely makes a difference when you're using the so called "eagle technique" (circling with you finger above the keyboard until you find the right key and then strike).  ;D

Thanks.
By the way, the walls of her room now have their color-coats, green on the bottom half, blue up top.
Before long, I'll probably do a carbon-transfer of the enlarged Roost-Air 172, and paint in the details, and maybe strap on a small
smoke generator so Chuck can spell out Zoe's name on the wall.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »
I'm glad to know little Zoe is doing well and Mrs. Velo too!
Keep us informed!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 11:50:15 PM »
Another surprise:
Since Zoe was doing so darned well at the hospital, they kicked her out today.
This is about three weeks before we'd planned, but she had other plans.... kinda like
with her birth.
So, we're sitting in the living room, watching Serenity and feeding her. Lucy and Twizzler
have been banished to the back yard until we get things sorted out here. They ain't happy...
but ah well.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 12:04:56 AM »
Another surprise:
This is about three weeks before we'd planned, but she had other plans.... kinda like
with her birth.
So, we're sitting in the living room, watching Serenity and feeding her. Lucy and Twizzler
have been banished to the back yard until we get things sorted out here. They ain't happy...
but ah well.

Serenity. That's a good movie. River can fly left-seat with me anytime  ;). She could also beat the crap out of me with those weird woman mood swings. One of the dangers of relationships eh?
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 01:10:41 AM »
Another surprise:
with her birth.
but ah well.

Cool, it's always great to hear good news from good people :)  |:)\ Btw, those two other names, they're the dogs right? (my memory is a bit strained lately due to bad sleep).

Btw, I have Serenity too although it wasn't until my best friend Chey mentioned it I even knew the whole series existed, danish tv doesn't show much sci-fi and I haven't really watched tv in months. About River then according to the bits of things I remember then those fighting-skills weren't due to woman mood swings but something that was done to her.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 03:01:28 AM »
River was a prodigy, incredibly intelligent and very good at anything she tried, including dancing.
The government trapped her in a 'school', where they turned her into a weapon.
Some of her mental abilities, with some exposure to some highly-placed folks from the parliament,
caused her quite a lot of difficulty.
I've been a Browncoat for a little over a year, and I'd suggest to anyone that they watch the
series first (available on Amazon.com) before watching the movie. You could easily tell the folks
'in the know' from everyone else after watching the movie. It's my favorite show.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 03:08:55 AM »
River was a prodigy, incredibly intelligent and very good at anything she tried, including dancing.
Some of her mental abilities, with some exposure to some highly-placed folks from the parliament,
I've been a Browncoat for a little over a year, and I'd suggest to anyone that they watch the
series first (available on Amazon.com) before watching the movie. You could easily tell the folks
'in the know' from everyone else after watching the movie. It's my favorite show.

I've never seen the series, but I loved the movie. And River of course.

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 04:19:43 AM »

Haven't seen the series, thou I want too.  Love the opening sequence from the movie, music is outstanding, as well as the the whole, "my ship doesn't crash" amongst other things in there.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 06:13:33 AM »
If you watch the series, there's a lot of stuff in the movie which will make more sense.
Inara spent the whole series aboard Serenity, for instance, as did Shepard Book.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 07:18:01 AM »
I'm really happy to hear that Velo! Welcome home little Zoe! :)  ::wave::
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 08:04:13 AM »
What she said!

And Serenity rocks too.  ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »
Another surprise:
with her birth.
but ah well.

You didn't happen to name your daughter Zoe after the character off Serenity? ::)