Author Topic: Yay!  (Read 11001 times)

undatc

Re: Yay!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 09:16:18 PM »
Ahh, so what did you do on them?  My father was on the America CVN-66 for a long long time.  He was like a controller for ships.  Ploted courses, and tracked movement etc.  He did several tours in the Med and the North Atlantic.  He was over in the Indian Ocean once too.

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 09:25:57 PM »
Got out as a Missile Technician 1st Class.  My job was the care and feeding of the Trident I C-4 FBM missiles that might or might have not been on board.
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

undatc

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 09:40:30 PM »
Got out as a Missile Technician 1st Class.  My job was the care and feeding of the Trident I C-4 FBM missiles that might or might have not been on board.

Hmm well i think that pic confirms they were onboard lol

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 09:45:23 PM »
I can neither confirm or deny.  Suffice to say that we'd put the closure on an empty tube, also.  ::thinking::
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

undatc

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 09:55:20 PM »
I can neither confirm or deny.  Suffice to say that we'd put the closure on an empty tube, also.  ::thinking::

Gotta love the militarys secrecy.  Almost like me and my fraternity's secret stuff. 

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 10:04:45 PM »
Well, full disclosure is boring.

undatc

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006, 10:26:13 PM »
Well, full disclosure is boring.

Very true, i get a lot of questions about frat stuff, and i just smile  ;D

fireflyr

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 05:53:00 AM »
HMMM!  Lets see, is that rounded plastic looking nose cover in place even if the tube is Mike Tango? ::thinking:: ::thinking::

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 06:00:06 AM »
It's either that or you've got a forty foot deep hole in the hull with only an 8 ton muzzle hatch for cover.  Although the acess doors on the tube down below decks are water tight too.  Sea states can be violent enough up in the bay of Alaska to actually move that damn hatch on occasion.  But only a couple of millimeters.