Author Topic: Knowing your A/C dimensions  (Read 5179 times)

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
Knowing your A/C dimensions
« on: November 27, 2006, 06:57:06 AM »
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Knowing your A/C dimensions
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 07:26:54 AM »
That is insane.

Someone wants to die.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

fireflyr

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 03:39:28 PM »
Guy's got more balls than brains---probably look back years from now (if he lives) and go "Damn, that was stupid"
I know this from experience----I myself have been more lucky than skilled on occasion :-\

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »
What's the saying?  "Better to be lucky, than good?"
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 04:01:15 PM »
Guy's got more balls than brains---probably look back years from now (if he lives) and go "Damn, that was stupid"
I know this from experience----I myself have been more lucky than skilled on occasion :-\

Well said, Jim.
I wouldn't even want to try that in a helicopter. And with a helo I could inch my way through it slowly. But just going for it at full blast. . . .

What was he thinking???
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 06:46:26 PM »
What was he thinking???

That's the crux of the matter!  I don't think he was.

That's the type of guy who can't stand it unless he's being reckless.  Only a matter of time before he kills himself... just have to hope he doesn't take anyone else with him.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 07:35:27 PM »
What was he thinking???

That's the crux of the matter!  I don't think he was.

That's the type of guy who can't stand it unless he's being reckless.  Only a matter of time before he kills himself... just have to hope he doesn't take anyone else with him.
Darn you beat me to it hehe. I saw a program on Discovery some time ago and it said that humans have a optimum adrenalin level, and thrill-seekers just had one that was high and that drove them to doing insane things, like rollercoaster rides to basejumping etc. That's also why I use the terma Adrenalin-Junkies about crazy wild people, wether they are skateboarding, driving, flying, sailing etc.

Did you notice some people commented on youtube that he was a safer pilot than others?`Can I please get you experienced pilots to confirm that that comment is definately not a correct or fullfilling statement? Bush flyers and firefighting pilots etc. must have some pretty good skills in tough situations vs big airline pilots not to mention private pilots right, so you must have some qualification to give an appreasal of that persons stunt.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 07:41:02 PM »
There's nothing *safe* about it, unless they are talking about how he would only be killing himself.

No matter how experienced you are, a stunk like that is stupid.