Author Topic: Your favorite gloomy weather comfort food......  (Read 39265 times)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
Your favorite gloomy weather comfort food......
« on: November 21, 2006, 01:55:37 AM »
On a dreary rainy day (like today was) I like to sit down with a grilled ham and cheese sandwitch and a mug of Campbells tomato soup for lunch......

Hits the spot ;)

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
Re: Your favorite gloomy weather comfort food......
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 02:03:51 AM »
Other than I generally use a certain noodle soup, I gotta agree with the combination.
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

fireflyr

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 04:38:59 PM »
Here at the old fireflyr homestead, it's home made beans and hamhock soup with cornbread (insert lip smacking smiley)

Don't believe all that Wine and Cheese crap about Californians that rumor mongers spread..........................
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 04:42:37 PM by fireflyr »

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 06:21:11 PM »
Y'all are making me crave a homecooked meal.   :p

Actually, that really doesn't help since I had to leave the folks place just before thanksgiving!

I prefer tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 05:40:47 AM »
A crap-tastic day requires a large heaping bowl of a screaming hot chili.  For all you Texans out there, chili MUST contain beans.
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

fireflyr

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 12:02:18 PM »
A crap-tastic day requires a large heaping bowl of a screaming hot chili.  For all you Texans out there, chili MUST contain beans.
BOY HOWDY ON THAT!!
If it ain't got beans it ain't chili, and if it don't burn as bad on the way out ::) as it did on the way in then it ain't hot enough either |:)\

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 07:03:53 PM »
what about toasted bread and nutella?!?!?  ;D
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 10:13:43 PM »
what about toasted bread and nutella?!?!?  ;D

Being new and all that, I hate to disagree so early.  Having thrown out that disclaimer, I'm going to have to shudder and say "No!"  Nutella?  C'mon...  (Just kidding.  Sort of...)

Fireflyr, my motto regarding hot food is:  "If I'm not crying, you're not trying!"
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 11:26:45 PM »

I've always held that chili contains beans.  But I also think a hearty helping of beef can do wonders, then some saltine crackers and you're set.

jbs
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 02:58:47 AM »
Mid winter, my company does a Chili cook off for lunch one day.... The festivities are held in the hangar..... The combination of Chili, Jet A and 100 LL Can be pretty explosive  :D :D :D

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

fireflyr

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »
The combination of Chili, Jet A and 100 LL Can be pretty explosive  :D :D :D

Brian
Add to that the aroma of old leather flying jackets and airplane interiors and the smell will brings tears to a true aviator :'(

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 12:22:02 AM »
Add to that the aroma of old leather flying jackets and airplane interiors and the smell will brings tears to a true aviator

We had our first airplane with the "New Airplane Smell" yesterday.... A Citation Soverign with less than 200 hours on it.... And the reason we had it??? It was broke already  ;D  ;D We usualy have the more "normal" smell of Jet A and Avgas combined with a 30 year old Helio, Aztec or 172  :)

Brian

-

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 12:37:50 AM »
Do you see a lot of Helios????????    :)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 05:32:51 PM »
There's one Based at BTV that we work on a bit... The gentleman who owns it is a bit, shall we say "accident" prone. He has been known to taxi over taxiway lights on occasion, resulting in prop and engine overhauls. Of course you cant see over the nose of a Helio when it's flying, let alone on the ground   ;D

Brian

-

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 10:46:22 PM »
Hmmm...  that sounds like job security, anyway!!   ???   ;)

I've never been in one.  They look like some serious fun.   ;D

Hope you are staying warm there...  you may have to resort to that tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich for comfort, if not!  (I agree, by the way -- that's a GREAT combo for lunch on a cold, dreary day!)

Of course, ANYTHING is good if I don't cook it.   ;D   ;D   
Don't make me come back there!!!!