Author Topic: Checking in …..  (Read 4980 times)

Offline C310RCaptian

Checking in …..
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:26:57 PM »
Well I haven’t posted here in a while so I thought id check in… I have been very busy lately. I got a real flying job now with Trans States Airlines flying a jet EMB 145. Started in September and the ground school and sim has been kicking my butt. No worries though. Check ride is tonight and I am good to go. TSA is hurting for pilots so if your low time (700 total or so) apply. You probably will at least get an interview.

So I moved back home with my parents in St. Louis. Kind sucks!!! O well ill find an apartment soon I hope and it will be ok. After tonight I will have more time to check in. hope to see ya guys soon.

Turbo: When will you be in STL next? Look me up |:)\

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
Re: Checking in …..
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:02:27 PM »
Congrats on your new gig! That's good going!

Hoping to fly in in my Arrow around 8:30 or so to 3SQ and get right to work Saturday morning. If all goes well, (ha ha ha) I'll have my multi checkride with a DE that I believe is your new employer's chief pilot in the afternoon, then head home in the Arrow that evening. I'll bring some stuff in case I stay over night. If I do stay over, I'll give you a call and we can go get some chicken (we can probably find some better stuff than we got at Airventure!)

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:45:39 PM »
Congrats!

Sounds like quite a training regime there!   Their F/O pay scale about as "good" as all the other smaller carriers?  ;)

145, is that the one that looks similiar to a small 737?
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 12:09:19 AM »
If I do stay over, I'll give you a call and we can go get some chicken (we can probably find some better stuff than we got at Airventure!)

How about orange glazed duck instead???   ;)

Congrats on the success Captain C.  !!!   |:)\
another step on the way of making a living with flying....almost there.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:22:57 AM »
No ducks!

It's supposed to taste like chicken, anyway  :D

Thanks for the good wishes! As for making a living off this, well, probably not... but it does provide a challenge and sense of accomplishment, which are in some ways more important. And some nice additional income here and there that pays for a small fraction of the Arrow's operating expenses!  Did some work in our sim locally tonight and feel better about things now. If all goes well I think I could wrap this up Saturday and get my evenings and weekends back! Haven't been down to the basement Sonex factory in nearly a month! Still working on the book, getting within striking distance of finishing up the captions for the 400 pictures. Then there's checking everything, gathering some last info from [CENSORED] about their new [CENSORED] that they hope to be ready to unveil by [CENSORED]. Add that to the manuscript, burn the whole works onto a few CDs, drop it in the mail, and wait! Yee hah!

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 08:28:23 PM »
Congrats, Cap!  Score one for the underpaid F/O's of the world!

Heard a Mesaba pilot refer to his plane as a red turd over the radio today.  I'm thinking their labor negotiations aren't going well...
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 09:37:49 PM »
Re: Trans States...     do you have some information I can give to a friend about them?   She's in Georgia and looking to get started somewhere.

Difficulty:  Most all of her time is SEL.

Offline C310RCaptian

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 07:13:24 PM »
Underpaid F/O is right!!! I made more flying piston twins than this job. O well it’s a step towards flying a corporate jet.

Mike there is no such things as making a living in aviation… the money comes in from one airplane and goes right out to pay for the other.  ;)

As for the info - go to Airlinepilotcentral.com. Look up Trans States Airline and go to there website. Find the address to mail or fax your resume only don’t address it to the person on the website. Send it to Kathy Ruesch-Audette. The other person doesn’t work there anymore. They are hiring just about anyone that breaths now…. So good luck. O’ and the EMB145 doesn’t look like the 737 ill post a pic in a few.

Passed the Check Ride and All Is Good! Next stop flying the line YAY! C Ya out there guys! |:)\

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 09:13:32 PM »
Underpaid F/O is right!!! I made more flying piston twins than this job. O well it’s a step towards flying a corporate jet.

Mike there is no such things as making a living in aviation… the money comes in from one airplane and goes right out to pay for the other.  ;)

As for the info - go to Airlinepilotcentral.com. Look up Trans States Airline and go to there website. Find the address to mail or fax your resume only don’t address it to the person on the website. Send it to Kathy Ruesch-Audette. The other person doesn’t work there anymore. They are hiring just about anyone that breaths now…. So good luck. O’ and the EMB145 doesn’t look like the 737 ill post a pic in a few.

Passed the Check Ride and All Is Good! Next stop flying the line YAY! C Ya out there guys! |:)\

Thanks for the heads up, forwarded it along.  She still has more flight time than me, but it's mostly single engine...

Wasn't the 145, maybe the 180 or 190?  Was a Shuttle America plane.    Should've known better than to ask about the 145, that's what Everts is about to start service with, if the 145 is the Brazilia...

Keep us updated!   Get some good pictures too!

-Ryan

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 08:13:18 AM »
I don't remember the number designations very well.  I do remember a Brasilia crash making the mainstream news while I was still in high school.  If nothing else, I have an idea of what ONE of the Embraer planes looks like.