Author Topic: Safer flying, new pilot!  (Read 8301 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Safer flying, new pilot!
« on: October 03, 2006, 01:15:27 PM »
LOL oh man that was a great one! Julio's awesome, as are you guys  |:)\

I can easily see someone doing that joke in real life too :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Safer flying, new pilot!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 04:29:38 PM »
 :D

Ha ha!!  This is great!!  Gee, that's usually what's happening every time I walk into the room... HUH??

Love it -- you guys make me laugh!!

:D :D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »
Gorgeous strip indeed, mates!  |:)\ |:)\
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 06:27:48 PM »
I have flown with pilots where I wanted to do the exact same thing!! HA HA  ;D
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 09:26:54 PM »
I actually met a man once who had a good reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane...it had a perfectly lousy pilot!  After the pilot's third attempt to land the C-47 in a strong cross wind, he and the rest of the paratroopers on board anounched they were getting off.  And they took the nurse with them! ;)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 12:04:54 PM »
Firegirl, you always find beautiful avatars! I just noticed your penguin! it's as sweet as the former chicken!  :) |:)\
try not to lose it, though! :) :)  |:)\ |:)\
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »
Kanichiwa, Nobu!   ;D

I like your penguin too, Firegirl!  Where do you find those?  I've a friend looking for good IM avatars.
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 11:48:32 PM »
Hey Ted!

Try
www.jurko.net
and click on avatars.

They have a bunch of 'em....
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 06:56:25 AM »
Kanichiwa, Nobu!   ;D

I like your penguin too, Firegirl!  Where do you find those?  I've a friend looking for good IM avatars.

I could swear it is konichiwa but I might be mistaken :)
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 03:13:06 PM »
Hey Ted!

Try
www.jurko.net
and click on avatars.

They have a bunch of 'em....

Cool!!!  Thanks, Firegirl!!   ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 03:15:50 PM »
Kanichiwa, Nobu!   ;D

You're probably right.... but then transliteration between languages, especially of varied character sets is always problematic.  Since I can't read katakana, or kanji, and speak very little Japanese, I defer any spelling to your judgement.

Now... if it was Russian, I can speak and read it, etc.  Cyrillic is far easier... it only has 36 characters to worry about  :)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 03:17:40 PM »

Hehe, well actually it's "konnichiwa" with two n!  ;) ;D

You're probably right.... but then transliteration between languages, especially of varied character sets is always problematic.  Since I can't read katakana, or kanji, and speak very little Japanese, I defer any spelling to your judgement.

Now... if it was Russian, I can speak and read it, etc.  Cyrillic is far easier... it only has 36 characters to worry about  :)

Wow, you can speak Russian? Awesomov! Wow, we should make a list of all the languages spoken in here. I'm sure it would get pretty long!

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »

Hehe, well actually it's "konnichiwa" with two n!  ;) ;D

Wow, you can speak Russian? Awesomov! Wow, we should make a list of all the languages spoken in here. I'm sure it would get pretty long!

Cool!  Thanks Stef!!  Two n's?!  I wouldn't have thought it, but then again, transliteration isn't my field :)

I actually learned to speak Russian many years ago so I could ask a girl out on a date.  She was a Russian immigrant, so I did all I could to learn the language.  It worked too... I ended up dating her for almost two years :)

I speak a smattering of words in other languages, though with much smaller vocabulary...  I speak a very few words of Mandarin Chinese, Thai, Tagaloo, French, Spanish, and Ukranian (which is close to Russian).  This, of course, doesn't include my computer languages, nor my Klingon and Vulcanian   ;D

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »
Cool! Thanks Stef!! Two n's?! I wouldn't have thought it, but then again, transliteration isn't my field :)

I actually learned to speak Russian many years ago so I could ask a girl out on a date. She was a Russian immigrant, so I did all I could to learn the language. It worked too... I ended up dating her for almost two years :)
Ah, I know what you mean! My Japanese never improved as fast as when I had a Japanese girlfriend. Pillowlearning is definitely the fastest and most entertaining form of learning a language!  ;D ow that I'm in a long term serious relationship, my language skills are definitely deteriorating.

I speak a smattering of words in other languages, though with much smaller vocabulary... I speak a very few words of Mandarin Chinese, Thai, Tagaloo, French, Spanish, and Ukranian (which is close to Russian). This, of course, doesn't include my computer languages, nor my Klingon and Vulcanian ;D

Aha, seems like you had a lot of other girlfriends in your time!!!  ;D Would you care to show us a picture of the Klingon one!?!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »
I've seen that Japanese phrase spelled so many different ways, even by Japanese speakers, that I really don't think there is a single "correct" way.    The two N's is a new one to me, but I don't have a way to say which one is more common.  ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"