Author Topic: Wow, Look! A Corvette Stingray!  (Read 7354 times)

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
Re: Wow, Look! A Corvette Stingray!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 03:15:55 AM »
OOS=Out Of Sight, the condor is a scratch build free flight balsa and tissue model.

As far as carrying, I do all the time.  Before the laws were changed to allow concealed carry without a permit, I simply carried it openly.  And it's state troopers in Alaska not Patrol  ;)

Haven't shot the P40 but they are a pleasant little handful.  Well balanced.

Did you know that on a '74 CJ5 with a 304 V-8 that it was an AMC engine with a motorola alternator, a AC-Delco coil, a Ford Motorcraft carberator and they were painted Pontiac blue? JEEP=Just everybody else's parts!
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 03:50:40 AM »
OOS=Out Of Sight, the condor is a scratch build free flight balsa and tissue model.

As far as carrying, I do all the time.  Before the laws were changed to allow concealed carry without a permit, I simply carried it openly.  And it's state troopers in Alaska not Patrol  ;)

Haven't shot the P40 but they are a pleasant little handful.  Well balanced.

Did you know that on a '74 CJ5 with a 304 V-8 that it was an AMC engine with a motorola alternator, a AC-Delco coil, a Ford Motorcraft carberator and they were painted Pontiac blue? JEEP=Just everybody else's parts!

I meant carrying on the airplane.  ;)   But I thought the cars said state patrol.   In Georgia they are troopers but it's called the patrol. 

My Super Blackhawk with a 7.5" barrel is a bit large for concealed carry, and I havn't worked up to open carrying it around Fairbanks.  ;)   I'm thinking of a P40 for concealed carry, but don't know how much about them.  Figure about $550 to get one.

Crazy J@@ps...  I'll take my IH's.  ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 04:55:12 AM »
OOS = Out Of Sight  generally means a free flight model caught a thermal and kept going up after the motor wound down.

People have a hard time believing what a good rubber band powered plane will do.  One of mine will stay up for a minute and 40 seconds in still air consistenly.  And most will due right around a minute.