Author Topic: One for Baradium  (Read 4650 times)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
One for Baradium
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:44:52 AM »
As some of you know I'm an avid flightsimmer... after seeing some of Baradium's Alaska photos, I decided to post a few "virtual" shots :)

The Plane I used is PMDG's Beech 1900C (payware) My FS9 setup is highly modified so some things may not look like a plain jane flightsim installation.
I decided to take a short Fairbanks to Anchorage hop (I didn't get to finish it... My sim "hiccuped" and crashed... one of the drawbacks of a modified flightsim setup is occasional instabilities)

Anyway here's the shots

Getting ready to load my virtual pax

Taxiing out to the active

Climb out from PAFA

Shot of the virtual cockpit

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
Re: One for Baradium
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 02:57:00 AM »
That rocks dude!  Great shots  :)  Gotta love flight sim...flew a P-51 Wasilla to Fairbanks and parked it roughly where the Tundra Toy used to park if I"m not mistaken :P
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:52:24 AM »
Wow....

That's impressive.  Did you buy it as a Frontier 1900 or did you do the paint yourself?  What about the Fairbanks environment?

BTW, the tail number in the cockpit view is wrong.  ;)   Still impressed.

To amuse you more, I flew 575F today.  We went to the slope,   Barter Island (BTI),  Deadhorse (SCC),  Nuiqsik (NUI), Barrow (BRW) and reverse.
I like the harness in Foxtrot better than the others... different style that is easier to use...

Do you do instrumentation stuff/cockpit views with your's?
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 08:45:13 PM »
I downloaded the Frontier paint for the PMDG Beech 1900. Fairbanks is pretty generic in FS 2004. hopefully it will be better in FS X.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:05:12 AM »
I downloaded the Frontier paint for the PMDG Beech 1900. Fairbanks is pretty generic in FS 2004. hopefully it will be better in FS X.

Brian

Yeah, there's no building where Tamarack Air is!  Where the heck else can you get your sim plane worked on?  ;)
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 01:57:53 AM »

Yeah, there's no building where Tamarack Air is!  Where the heck else can you get your sim plane worked on?  ;)

The other shop on the field?
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 07:48:37 PM »

The other shop on the field?

The folks at Tamarack are friends.  Haven't been to the other shop  ;)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 08:01:34 PM »
That's quite cool indeed, I just love black/white livery with red trim, also on racecars! Good work! How about a Roost-Air paintjob as well? There is of course the default C172 (although it's missing the wheel-covers) and there are some great Twin Otters out there as well. I've thought about repainting the C172 in Chuck's colours as well but getting the stripes on the tail matched up seemed to take some trial-and-error on the paint-kit I found, plus I only know the last part of the aircraft callsign, 3 Bravo Tango, and apart froma ll US-aicraft starting with N then I'm lost. It's a small detail to have the callsign written in the cfg but a nice one in my opinion. I'd also use the RealAir air-file since it can sideslip and fly more authentic, and was made for and used by a real flightschool.

Btw did you see my question regarding controller-input in your intro-thread?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 01:18:12 AM »
Great minds think alike... I was thinking about making up some repaints for FS of the Roost Air fleet. The Default 172 would work ok (I have a program that lets me rework repaints without firing up flightsim) and I know where there's a pretty good Aztruck (Aztec) and the twin otter is easy to find as well. there are a few choices in H500's out there too. Maybe Mike can provide the registration numbers of the fleet so I can make them "authentic"  :D

I missed the post about controller setup.. I'll see if I can find it.

Brian

-